OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy moly roly poly... looks like a straight line to me...

i didnt realize that was where the last ping was. sounds like someone was flustered and remembered that the phone could be tracked, so they disabled that, on the way to put katelyn where she was found. i wonder if the cell phone was near the body? i wonder if there were clothes? i wonder if maybe the clothes and phone were "burned"??

where did the "burning of the papers" supposedly take place? (sorry, my memory is worthless)

The purported ping information comes from a searcher who says she was told that by TES. Another searcher came forward and said he was told the last ping was in Fairfield. In February 2012, the Sheriff confirmed that the Fairfield location was correct. Since there was obviously some reason they were searching around the area marked "B" on the map and TES mentioned a ping, I've often wondered if a POI's phone pinged there before he remembered to turn off his phone.

That article is disturbing! Her HEAD was found in a Kroger bag with other bones nearby?! And trash dumped on top of the remains?? And the property owner called LE years ago about trash being dumped there?! Oy.

That's a supermarket/store, right? Would that be a big enough bag for a whole body?

This isn't a case I've followed - started before my time here - but presumably a primary crime scene wasn't found? Could Katelyn have been taken from the house and killed elsewhere (e.g. the farm)?

For her family, I'm glad she's been found. I hope now there will be justice for her - she was a very pretty girl. And my thoughts with thise here who have searched and kept working on this xx

I wondering if maybe she was suffocated with the plastic bag.

That's a supermarket/store, right? Would that be a big enough bag for a whole body?

This isn't a case I've followed - started before my time here - but presumably a primary crime scene wasn't found? Could Katelyn have been taken from the house and killed elsewhere (e.g. the farm)?

For her family, I'm glad she's been found. I hope now there will be justice for her - she was a very pretty girl. And my thoughts with thise here who have searched and kept working on this xx

Yes, Krogers is a local supermarket.

OMG, did him/her suffocate her with the plastic grocery bag....

plastic bag.jpg

The articles posted have a lot of information.

Andy Hicks found a jawbone to the left of a tree about 30 yards from the water. He also found rib, hip and shoulder bones and a skull with clumps of brown hair still wrapped around it. The skull was in a brown plastic grocery bag.

"After we found the jawbone we called the cops," he said today, standing near the creek in the rain.

"I am just glad that she was found and the family can get some closure. It's not full closure because they don't know exactly what happened to her, but at least they know where their little girl is at."

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130411/NEWS/304110059/Coroner-We-can-t-conduct-Markham-autopsy

Those poor people that found Katelyn where out scraping for metal to sell to help pay their bills

Katelyn Markham’s remains are at the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office but the coroner said an autopsy can’t be performed because the remains consist mainly of human bones.

Dr. Lakshmi Kode Sammarco said she has not received a request yet from the Franklin County Coroner in Indiana, which has jurisdiction over the case, to have a forensic anthropologist examine Markham’s remains.

Sgt. Noel Houze, spokesman for the Indiana State Police in Versailles, said the location where Markham’s body was found was a roadside “dump site” for junk. Evidence was taken from around the site but he was not sure how much of it was relevant to the investigation. Houze would not comment on whether Markham’s cellphone or other belongings were found there.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130411/NEWS/304110059/Coroner-We-can-t-conduct-Markham-autopsy

Yes, Krogers is a local supermarket.

OMG, did him/her suffocate her with the plastic grocery bag....

View attachment 31867

The articles posted have a lot of information.

I can't imagine that - those bags are paper thin and she could have bit threw it so easy. I don't even think I have ever gotten one without a hole at the seam either.

I fear something more sinister - I hope I am wrong. Not sure I can listen and not sure I can not listen. So very overwhelming being as involved in this case on a real life basis, that is as I have been. I am numb. Just numb.

((((A_News_Junkie))))

Prayers going out to you.....

You have been a great friend to Katelyn....

I can't imagine that - those bags are paper thin and she could have bit threw it so easy. I don't even think I have ever gotten one without a hole at the seam either.

I fear something more sinister - I hope I am wrong. Not sure I can listen and not sure I can not listen. So very overwhelming being as involved in this case on a real life basis, that is as I have been. I am numb. Just numb.

The plastic grocery store bags were thicker a couple years ago. If she was somehow drugged she may not have been able to fight back much.

I use the plastic grocery bags to put my used scooped cat litter in (from 3 litter boxes/9 cats) and I usually don't have to double bag unless like you said there is a hole at the seam.

I hope they found some other evidence at the scene.

I must say after refreshing my memory with the timeline posted earlier, I feel a little hinky about JC's friends. Where they involved in any way? There are several that give him an "alibi" for 12:00 - (up to) 4:00 am. Trash burning or no trash burning? 2:00 or 4:00? Are they all feeling a bit anxious about now?

I do hope that COD can be determined here. Please find the answers for Katelyn's loved ones!! Still here praying for justice for Katelyn.

The plastic grocery store bags were thicker a couple years ago. If she was somehow drugged she may not have been able to fight back much.

I use the plastic grocery bags to put my used scooped cat litter in (from 3 litter boxes/9 cats) and I usually don't have to double bag unless like you said there is a hole at the seam.

I hope they found some other evidence at the scene.

I don't remember them being thicker.......but you know what I do remember....... Karin W, john's mother making that comment about john not even being able to go to Kroger for all the looks..........yeah, maybe the sight of the bags bothered him too.........JMHO.

(no- don't have a link and just don't have it in me to look right now.)

Police won't say if cellphone was w/her body, keeping a lot of things half told; I believe they will want airtight case after the Widmer case. I'll keep an eye and ear open .

I don't know how to paste on my phone, but did everyone see that her boyfriend's response to her remains being found was, "life sucks?"

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

It will be interesting to see if she saved Kroger bags, if there were any in her home when she disappeared.

I agree tho that I dont think anything happened in her apartment that night. Either the whole story she was there was bs and she never was there that night or someone or something leered her outside and she left on her own with someone or was snatched. Unless someone did manage to get in and had a weapon and she was so scared she walked out with them. I also wonder what was the norm when JC left. Did he lock the door on his way out or did she walk him to the door and lock up. Remember in Jessica case they always locked the door but forgot the night Couey walked in and took her.
Due to the past history of JC and KM according to everyone that knew them if he did this I see it more as a crime of passion and there would be some kind of evidence in her apartment unless she never was there at all that night.

A neighbor heard the couple arguing, was credible and knew them well.

I don't know how to paste on my phone, but did everyone see that her boyfriend's response to her remains being found was, "life sucks?"

http://www.local12.com/content/brea...lyn-Markhams-Body/h2vPeaMwVU-N029viAQrxA.cspx

Katelyn's fiance, John Carter did not want to be interviewed. His only comment about finding Katelyn's remains is" life sucks."

Sheesh, what a prize he is for a girl. Poor Katelyn.. I hope somehow she has managed to hold onto something that will reveal the truth.

What?!?!

I hope there was a receipt in that plastic bag that will help to ID the perp. I can't believe the "life sucks" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500