OH - Kathryn, 54, & James Stockdale, 21, shot to death, Stark Co., 15 June 2017

I wonder did they test the hands of both brothers for Gunshot residue. Would be a little uncomfortable if he heals, starts talking says:" NO, he shot mama, I got the gun away and shot him. Once I called 911, I just couldn't take it, I had just watched my brother snap, shoot my mother and had to kill him in self defense. I couldn't go on living so I shot myself" Very bizarre idea but, he may decide he needs a defense. And only those 3 ppl know the truth. I know I'm way off topic but I think it would be bad if we only have half the story.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
While it's plausible to think James might have shot their mother and then Jacob went after James, LE seems to think it was Jacob who shot both. Then, when I look at later pictures and videos of Jacob, I notice a cold, steely look in his eyes. I know it's been discussed why he may have appeared unhappy while playing in the band. But, it isn't only when he was playing in the band. The picture of him apart from the band in the post up-thread with a link to a bluegrass website is the same way. He is a stark contrast to James, who seemed genuinely happy.

I'm not saying Jacob was necessarily unhappy. He just didn't have the same demeanor as other family members--at least, in later years. I wonder if he was jealous of James, who seemed to be getting more attention for his performances with the band. I noticed in the same videos that Jacob would step in front of James, and James moved around a couple of times to a spot where he wasn't blocked by Jacob. Jacob had won some awards for his fiddle-playing and seemed very proud of that, so maybe he was wary of someone else robbing him of the limelight.

IF Jacob was jealous of James, James' plan to take part in the business side of the band may have irked Jacob. Maybe James was already helping Kathryn make some business decisions, which sent Jacob over the edge--especially if he didn't agree with them. Just speculation. I don't think their lifestyle is to blame. Things like this happen to families no matter what their lifestyle, but we don't expect it to happen to a family with their lifestyle and it doesn't very often. It only shows that the same things that happen in the outside world can happen in the strictest families no matter how hard they try to protect their children from the outside world. MOO

Jacob Stockdale, who police believe shot and killed his mother and younger brother before turning the gun on himself, will likely be charged in their murders, Stark County officials said.

Deputies attempted to interview Stockdale recently but he did not provide any information about the shootings, Maier said. Stockdale appears to have difficulty communicating and has declined to talk to them under the advice of his legal counsel, he said.

Stockdale could face 15 year-to-life without parole in prison.

He may still have more surgery...

http://www.timesreporter.com/news/2...ly-will-be-charged-in-death-of-mother-brother

Jacob Stockdale, who police believe shot and killed his mother and younger brother before turning the gun on himself, will likely be charged in their murders, Stark County officials said.

Deputies attempted to interview Stockdale recently but he did not provide any information about the shootings, Maier said. Stockdale appears to have difficulty communicating and has declined to talk to them under the advice of his legal counsel, he said.

Stockdale could face 15 year-to-life without parole in prison.

He may still have more surgery...

http://www.timesreporter.com/news/2...ly-will-be-charged-in-death-of-mother-brother
Wow. Almost sounds like he may not ever be able to assist in his own defense? ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Complications delay local murder investigations

The Jacob Stockdale case has been in limbo since Jacob allegedly shot his mother, Kathryn Stockdale, and his brother, James Stockdale, a Kent State business administration student, in what Stark police said is a double homicide.

The Stark County Coroner’s Office confirmed that the autopsy reports for Kathryn and James have been finalized, but could not be released due to the pending investigation.

Stockdale has been hospitalized for months after he allegedly attempted to kill himself at the scene of the crime. Jones said he hasn’t received an update on his medical condition, but that wouldn’t impede the presentation of charges.

Jones, however, could not say whether Stark County Jail could adequately care for Stockdale if he became incarcerated there. If the jail cannot care for him, Jones said other arrangements could be made.

This had gone so quiet I though nothing was going to happen.

The indictment was held in secret: Jacob Stockdale pleads not guilty on double murder charges

Stockdale had been hospitalized following the 2017 shootings and then spent time in a medical rehabilitation facility, Ferrero said Thursday.

Graham said that most recently his client had been living with a relative in Columbus while receiving outpatient medical treatment at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Thank you for the update! While it's not surprising that he entered a plea of insanity I find it interesting that the Grand Jury chose not to charge him with the death penalty. The DM article said he had previously been found competent.

Also, the woman who appeared on the TV show Wife Swap thinks Jacob's religion is the reason he murdered his brother and his mother. IMO that may have played a part in it - we've seen the result of over-religiosity in the Duggars and Willis families where innocent children were sexually abused - but I'm not convinced that was the sole cause.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back