Identified! Oh - Kettering, Adult Male, Skeletal, Prentice Dr, 31 May 2018- Nelson Holford

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
file1-3.jpeg

KETTERING —
Human remains were discovered inside a Kettering home on Prentice Drive last month and the coroner’s office is still trying to determine the identification of the individual.

The remains were recovered from the home in the 3000 block of Prentice on May 31, according to the coroner’s office.

Skeleton found in Kettering home believed to have been there for ‘years’

The coroner’s office removed a full adult male skeleton from the home that appeared to have been inside the residence for “years,” said Montgomery County Coroner Kent Harshbarger.

Harshbarger said there did not appear to be any skeletal trauma to the remains and the coroner’s office saw no indicators the death wasn’t natural, however deferred to Kettering police for further comment as the investigation is ongoing.

Human remains found in Kettering home, identity still being determined

7 missing persons cases that have captivated the Dayton area

Donald Ping
ddn0808missingPing.JPG

City: Dayton
Mising since: Jan. 25, 2002
Age at disappearance: 42
Read more: Man vanished after leaving work for the day

Ping left his Elder Beerman job one evening when his shift ended at 6 p.m., and he hasn't been seen since.

When he didn't show up for work on the next Monday morning, Ping's family called police. He was known as a good employee, one who was well-dressed, wearing nice suits to work. His mother has said, “he always looked like he just stepped out of a magazine.”

His bank account was never touched after he disappeared, and his family believes he never made it home after leaving work that evening.

I can't find any other info on the circumstances of how the remains were found, such as is it a vacant house? How was he found? Who found him? Who owns the house?

I can't find any other info on the circumstances of how the remains were found, such as is it a vacant house? How was he found? Who found him? Who owns the house?

The house was bought in 1994, with a single male listed as the owner of record. He owns no other property. FYI...The owner missed paying his property taxes that were due in February.

KETTERING, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - The relative of a resident of a Kettering home called police to report seeing suspected skeletal remains through the window.

Captain Daniel Gangwer said the person had tried knocking at the door, but when they didn't get a response, walked around the house and looked in the window when they spotted the remains.

Kettering Police then responded tot he home on Prentice Drive around 10:30 a.m. May 31, and the Montgomery County Coroner's Office received them on June 1. So far, the identity of the remains or what cause the person's death have not been confirmed.
Relative of resident reports finding skeletal remains inside Kettering home

There’s no way the owner could have died and skeletonized before anyone found out ... could he?
I was thinking maybe that's it - if it had been a long time since anyone came to see the owner.

IDK, I've been trying to figure out what this statement means (BBM):

"Captain Gangwer did say they believe there were other occupants at the house where the remains were found, and the person who reported finding the remains was related to one of them."
Relative of resident reports finding skeletal remains inside Kettering home

So there were people living in this house, it wasn't vacant, correct? Then how/why did they not notice the skeletal remains that had been there "for years" and were visible through a window from the outside in back of the house? Were these "occupants" actually squatters? Or if they were there legally, is this house divided up into apartments or something? Was this a room the occupants had never been in? I'm confused! :confused:

Well in KY someone had some antiquated bones hanging around someone gave her for her fish tank and she lied and said her dogs found them.
Sooooo maybe these are ancient someone had?

“Obviously, the person had been deceased for some period of time. We believe there was a person, an occupant in the house, while the person was deceased,” Kettering Police Capt. Daniel Gangwer said Wednesday.

The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office is still trying to determine the identification of the deceased, but the remains had been there for “years,” Coroner Kent Harshbarger said. He said there did not appear to be any skeletal trauma to the remains.

“Right now, we don’t have any information at this point that would select foul play,” Gangwer said. “I would say that this case is out of the normal.”

Kettering neighbor: ‘How long has that body been dead in that house?’

Records from the Montgomery County Auditor’s Office show that the property is owned by Denny P. Barry, who purchased it in 1994.

The 9-1-1 call made by an out-of-state woman, Danielle Barry, who said she was the daughter of Barry gave a dispatcher a chilling account of what she found when arriving to check on her father.

“My 83-year-old father is extremely sick and is needing to go to the hospital,” Danielle Barry told a dispatcher, saying the doors were locked. “He’s not OK. We opened up a window in the back of his house, and my husband says that he saw what might have been a skeleton in that room.”

The caller said she and her father had not been close, but “I am trying to figure out what is going on.”

Danielle Barry said that her husband Stefan Renton entered the house through a window to check on her father. Renton found the skeletal remains piled in a blanket in the rear bedroom of the house.

Neighbors say that Denny Barry was reclusive, and they didn’t know much about him.

Doreen Johnson said Denny Barry “kept to himself.”

“I live three doors down and haven’t seen him for years,” Johnson said. “This whole thing is so strange to be happening in the Kettering suburbs. We all just wonder how long that body has been dead in that house?”

Gangwer said police don’t know for certain if the remains are male or female.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back