OH - Lachelle Jordan, 30, possibly kidnapped, EMS worker was to testify in court case, Cleveland, 6 May 2023 *found alive*

I hope this man is prosecuted if he indeed committed the rape he has been charged with. If there are also inconsistencies that prevent that I hope he is able to move on with his life after having gone through this whole very public set of allegations.

“A joint motion to reduce the bond was filed because at this point, we have inconsistent evidence to substantiate the stalking complaint against Michael Stennett," said Lexi Bauer with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office. "Tomorrow, that case will be dismissed and the investigation will continue. Any further charging decisions will be made after a thorough investigation is complete. Numerous law enforcement agencies are involved in the investigation. We decline to comment further at this point.”

Stennett will be released with ankle monitoring.
Stalking charges dropped against man accused of menacing EMT who went missing

According to this article, Jordan has disclosed that she herself was the victim of the rape. This was not known as a fact before, even though it was suspected.
All the more awful for her to be a witness to that trial. (having to relive the whole thing)

Also she is still hospitalized.
May she recover fully, both physically and emotionally.

There was no information given in the press conference, other than the fact that Lachelle has injuries and is still hospitalized. It is an ongoing investigation.

I'm sad to see victim blaming without facts to back it up.
Couldn't agree more. We don't know anything about this woman besides she's a mother of 2 kids, very loved by her family, and a hardworking EMT. What is different about her that makes people victim blame? Hmmm I wonder. /s

News 5 does not usually reveal the name of individuals who tell police they are sexual assault victims, but Jordan gave approval to News 5 to report that Stennett is accused of raping Jordan. News 5 first reported this allegation in January without naming Jordan.

Stennett had been offered a plea deal, according to the prosecutor's office. Jordan said she was unhappy with the deal.

Couldn't agree more. We don't know anything about this woman besides she's a mother of 2 kids, very loved by her family, and a hardworking EMT. What is different about her that makes people victim blame? Hmmm I wonder. /s
I think the confusion is because of the hesitancy of LE to charge him with the stalking and shooting through the home etc. It seems to be cut and dry. And yet no charges for the stalking?

It does give me pause and make me wonder if all is as it first seemed to be.

The family presser with no LE support also seemed unusual and kind of off in some way. I feel the need to take a step back and see what is revealed as we go forward.

I think the confusion is because of the hesitancy of LE to charge him with the stalking and shooting through the home etc. It seems to be cut and dry. And yet no charges for the stalking?

It does give me pause and make me wonder if all is as it first seemed to be.

The family presser with no LE support also seemed unusual and kind of off in some way. I feel the need to take a step back and see what is revealed as we go forward.
Hm, I didn't view it that way. Thanks for your response. Yes, that is odd. The burned clothes also struck me as odd. But she's still in the hospital so some injury must have happened somehow? This is definitely a weird case no matter what direction it goes in. I was just shocked by the amount of people who didn't believe her whatsoever

Hm, I didn't view it that way. Thanks for your response. Yes, that is odd. The burned clothes also struck me as odd. But she's still in the hospital so some injury must have happened somehow? This is definitely a weird case no matter what direction it goes in. I was just shocked by the amount of people who didn't believe her whatsoever
For some of us we have lying, self-inflicted, serious injuries Sherri Papini to thank, for that.

jmo

For some of us we have lying, self-inflicted, serious injuries Sherri Papini to thank, for that.

jmo
I get why you are saying that but this seems very different to me. I'm going to try to stay within TOS as to why I think this. I am on the fence as to the kidnapping but not as to my sympathy for this victim. I can see a scenario where someone is the victim of a crime, an awful debasing crime, where the perpetrator is still allowed to be in the same work place as she is and with children, where there is some version of witness intimidation. Where someone who is charged with a felony is able to continue in a job with children despite clear rules prohibiting this. The victim, already traumatized, is further traumatized and, perhaps begins to act out because of the trauma, or unfairness, or both. Where justified paranoia begins to bend towards true paranoia. Or where the thought of having to face the perpetrator in court unleashes a panic/anxiety/PTSD response or even a break with reality. I'm not saying this happened, I'm not sure here, but those are my current thoughts.

As to Sherri, I've never seen any circumstance where she was a true victim. In fact, she seemed to victimize and manipulate everyone around her. I truly believe Lachelle was a victim of rape and unfairness. As to what happened later, I'm not sure but I am still sympathetic. I've seen the toll sexual victimization has taken on people close to me.

I get why you are saying that but this seems very different to me. I'm going to try to stay within TOS as to why I think this. I am on the fence as to the kidnapping but not as to my sympathy for this victim. I can see a scenario where someone is the victim of a crime, an awful debasing crime, where the perpetrator is still allowed to be in the same work place as she is and with children, where there is some version of witness intimidation. Where someone who is charged with a felony is able to continue in a job with children despite clear rules prohibiting this. The victim, already traumatized, is further traumatized and, perhaps begins to act out because of the trauma, or unfairness, or both. Where justified paranoia begins to bend towards true paranoia. Or where the thought of having to face the perpetrator in court unleashes a panic/anxiety/PTSD response or even a break with reality. I'm not saying this happened, I'm not sure here, but those are my current thoughts.

As to Sherri, I've never seen any circumstance where she was a true victim. In fact, she seemed to victimize and manipulate everyone around her. I truly believe Lachelle was a victim of rape and unfairness. As to what happened later, I'm not sure but I am still sympathetic. I've seen the toll sexual victimization has taken on people close to me.
This is exactly what I think is happening.

MOO

Hypothetically that is a possibility it went down like that. But to take it one big step further....I know of a very strange situation that happened a few years ago to a friend's brother.
He had a mutual encounter with a neighbour. Evidently she wanted It to be a relationship. He didn't. She reported it as a date rape. There was not enough evidence to bring charges so it was a stalemate. Soon she began reporting him as a stalker and as sending her death threats. The phone that was texting the threats was a burner phone, so again, no solid evidence.

It is unfair for me to assume this is anything at all similar but I do have it in the very back of my mind as a slight possibility.

Hypothetically that is a possibility it went down like that. But to take it one big step further....I know of a very strange situation that happened a few years ago to a friend's brother.
He had a mutual encounter with a neighbour. Evidently she wanted It to be a relationship. He didn't. She reported it as a date rape. There was not enough evidence to bring charges so it was a stalemate. Soon she began reporting him as a stalker and as sending her death threats. The phone that was texting the threats was a burner phone, so again, no solid evidence.

It is unfair for me to assume this is anything at all similar but I do have it in the very back of my mind as a slight possibility.

Perhaps, but there's a very big age difference between the perp and the victim in this case. He's a 65 yo man with a low wage job. He's 35 years older, she's working a job that probably pays more than he's earning. JMO, if she is the victim, I don't see there being any kind of mutual attraction.

Their ages are listed in this article.

Last edited:

I hear you and have known of similar situations. Wasn't it reported that she left her job so she wouldn't have to be around him, though?

I hear you and have known of similar situations. Wasn't it reported that she left her job so she wouldn't have to be around him, though?
All I read was that her supervisors changed where she was working for her safety. MOO

prior to her current position as EMS she and Stennet were coworkers at the youth center. This is covered in this Action 5 story from January. Later, after Ms. Jordan was reported missing, this same news organization was given her permission to name her as the victim in the rape.
--------------------------
Stennett's accuser said she and Stennett were friendly prior to August 10, 2021. On that evening, she said they were locking up the rec center after a storm knocked out power. She said Stennett then asked her to watch a video in his office and raped her.

She immediately went to the hospital for a sexual assault forensic examination and filed a police report two days later.

She also eventually left her job, which she loved. She said it was too difficult to see Stennett each day.
He's been charged with rape. So why was he still working at a Cleveland recreation center?

I have many thoughts but will not elaborate further.

Anyone heard updates on this? I’m curious to know how things actually happened
I also have been curious. Yesterday they had a pre trial and continued until 7/6/23. I wish there was some more information made public, as Ms Jordan is still saying she was kidnapped, and yet there has been nothing else released. Nothing on MSM either

Editing to add docket photo

Attachments

• Criminal Case Docket Page.png
    Criminal Case Docket Page.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 15

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics