OH - Lachelle Jordan, 30, possibly kidnapped, EMS worker was to testify in court case, Cleveland, 6 May 2023 *found alive*

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

CLEVELAND (WJW) – There is an urgent search for an endangered missing woman.

Cleveland police need your help finding 30-year-old Lachelle Jordan.

Police are calling Jordan’s disappearance suspicious and say there is reason to believe she was taken.

Jordan was last seen on Saturday on Fairport Avenue.

Jordan is involved in a case that was supposed to start in court on Monday, according to Cleveland police.

That’s why police say her disappearance on Saturday is suspicious, but at this point, there are no immediate details on what type of court case Jordan was involved in, or her role in the case.

Just before midnight, Cleveland police posted to social media a picture of Jordan.
Then in the early hours of Monday morning, FOX 8 crews found police searching the neighborhood near the area she was last seen.

No other details have been released.

Anyone with information is asked to call 9-1-1 or Cleveland police at (216) 621-1234. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

CLEVELAND — A search is underway for a missing EMS worker out of Cleveland's East Side. No one has seen or heard from Lachelle Jordan in at least two days. Police say she is a missing-endangered person.

The 30-year-old was last seen on May 6 along Fairport Avenue in Cleveland. Cleveland Police posted Jordan's photo on social media on the morning of Monday, May 8, asking for the public's help locating her.

News 5's overnight photographer went to Fairport Avenue and spotted dozen of police cars in the neighborhood as well as officers patrolling on foot. Police were also seen searching inside a home with flashlights.

Sources said Jordan was expected to testify in a rape case.

Michael Stennett, 65, was originally indicted on May 9, 2022, on two counts of rape and one count of abduction in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

Court records show that Stennett has also been charged with menacing by stalking and violating a protection from abuse order.

News 5 Investigator Sarah Buduson has been following this case and has been in contact with Jordan's sister, who reported that she was being harassed and that a bullet was fired through Jordan's window over the weekend.

If you know where Jordan is, call CrimeStoppers at 216-25-CRIME to submit anonymous tips.

You can also dial 9-1-1 OR 216-621-1234.

This is a developing story.

The article says she was supposed to appear in court in connection with a case that was scheduled to begin today. Would that be Cleveland Municipal Court or Court of Common Pleas?

This sounds very serious, with her life at risk. I'm going to guess it was Court of Common Pleas, which handles homicide and similar cases.

Such a shame that our EMS workers are subject to such danger, just for doing their jobs.

This article says she was willing to testify in a rape case.

Michael Stennett, 65, was originally indicted on May 9, 2022, on two counts of rape and one count of abduction in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

Court records show that Stennett has also been charged with menacing by stalking and violating a protection from abuse order.

Lachelle's sister says she had been harassed and that bullet had been fired through her window over the weekend.

I hope she is found soon, safe and sound.

Here's a previous news story from a reporter who had been following this rape case.

The perp was a coach at a recreation center. He was accused of raping a former co-worker, but was still allowed to work with kids.

The article says she was supposed to appear in court in connection with a case that was scheduled to begin today. Would that be Cleveland Municipal Court or Court of Common Pleas?

This sounds very serious, with her life at risk. I'm going to guess it was Court of Common Pleas, which handles homicide and similar cases.

Such a shame that our EMS workers are subject to such danger, just for doing their jobs.
I'm not seeing a tie-in between her being an EMS worker and the rape case. The rape victim wasn't named, but it did say she went to a hospital so she was not seen by an EMT (which is Jordanne's certification). Was there some other incident involving the parties here? I just woke up after a late shift so I'm probably just missing something in the news articles so I appreciate anyone else's take on what I'm reading. In any case, what's important is this young woman is located safe.

I'm not seeing a tie-in between her being an EMS worker and the rape case. The rape victim wasn't named, but it did say she went to a hospital so she was not seen by an EMT (which is Jordanne's certification). Was there some other incident involving the parties here? I just woke up after a late shift so I'm probably just missing something in the news articles so I appreciate anyone else's take on what I'm reading. In any case, what's important is this young woman is located safe.

The connection to that rape case was made by the news reporters at local ABC affiliate WEWS News. Read the article at this link, posted above and here. It contains a link to the news story aboutthe case in which she was to testify was being followed by their reporter.

News 5 Investigator Sarah Buduson has been following this case and has been in contact with Jordan's sister, Rachelle, who reported that she was being harassed and that a bullet was fired through her window over the weekend.

If you feel WEWS news has made an error in this reporting, I suggest you contact them. For now, I'm assuming they're trustworthy.

The connection to that rape case was made by the news reporters at local ABC affiliate WEWS News. Read the article at this link, posted above and here. It contains a link to the news story aboutthe case in which she was to testify was being followed by their reporter.

If you feel WEWS news has made an error in this reporting, I suggest you contact them. For now, I'm assuming they're trustworthy.
Thanks! I still don't see any tie between her job as an EMT and the case, but she was either a party to what happened or a witness and what was happening to her is scary. I hope she's gone someplace safe to get away.

I’m hoping that all the harassment has sent her in to hiding. Maybe now that this guy has been apprehended she will contact LE and loved ones. Sending all the best juju for a happy ending to this one.

A family member of Jordan’s confirmed she is expected to testify in a rape case involving 65-year-old Michael Stennett, indicted in 2022 on two counts of rape and one count of abduction.

Cleveland Municipal Court records indicate Stennett was arrested Monday after a warrant was issued for violation of a protection order while committing a felony, a third-degree felony, and menacing by stalking, a fourth-degree felony.

Barrett said someone had been stalking and threatening Jordan at work and it got so bad that her supervisor took her out of the field.

Cleveland police said there is no information connecting Stennett to the missing persons case at this time.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley released the following statement regarding Jordan’s disappearance:

“Our focus right now is on finding the victim and returning her safely home. This case was scheduled for a final pretrial today, no trial date has been set. All further questions will have to be directed to the Cleveland Division of Police.”

“I don’t want to place blame, but it’s not a coincidence. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she just up and disappeared. I really don’t,” Jordan’s neighbor, Juanita Hamilton told Fox 8.

Cleveland police said that at this time, there is no evidence that connects Stennett to Jordan’s disappearance. Family members, however, told police that someone fired a gunshot through Jordan’s window over the weekend.

Investigators suspect that the gunshot could have been a part of a continuous effort to intimidate her as a witness in the rape case involving Stennett.

“You don’t just vanish, you don’t. It’s crazy, it’s absolutely crazy. It doesn’t add up, it just doesn’t add up,” Jordan’s aunt, Autumn Fletcher, told Fox 8.

Investigators say Jordan is considered an endangered person because of her key role in a rape case. On Monday, she was scheduled to appear at the defendant’s final pre-trial hearing.

After learning that Jordan disappeared, police arrested the suspect in the rape case, 65-year-old Michael Stennett. So far, Stennett is facing charges for violating a protection order and menacing by stalking.
‘I’m very scared’: All-out search continues for ‘endangered’ CLE woman who disappeared

I read the article about him recently being placed on administrative leave from his city job after the unnamed rape victim went to the press to question why he was still working. This unnamed victim left her position not long after the rape in 2021 because she couldn't face having to see him everyday in the workplace they shared.

I don't think Jordan treated the victim or became a key witness due to her job as an EMS. I suspect Jordan's role in the rape case was indeed - KEY if you follow my meaning. I hope this young lady is simply in hiding but suspect what has happened is much darker than that :(

Police say Jordan was last seen wearing a blue and white East Cleveland Fire Department sweatshirt with ECFD on the back and the department’s logo on the front, along with green and white tie-dye pants and rainbow-colored Crocs.

Jordan is 5 feet, 2 inches tall, and weighs 150 pounds with black hair and brown eyes, and was last seen in the 11600 block of Fairport Avenue in the city’s Glenville neighborhood.
[SNIP]

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley released the following statement regarding Jordan’s disappearance:

“Our focus right now is on finding the victim and returning her safely home. This case was scheduled for a final pretrial today, no trial date has been set. All further questions will have to be directed to the Cleveland Division of Police.”
Endangered Cleveland EMT missing 3 days
not sure if I should read into that statement by prosecutor that the missing woman and the victim in the rape are the same individual but it suggests to me that she may be. I don't like this one little bit. Glad Stennett is in custody and very hopeful that his electronics will give LE an idea of his movements the last week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alpha_JonnyD
Back