Found Deceased OH - Lindsay Bass, 30, Colerain, 20 May 2022 * Critical Missing*

Sbm.
(There was only a video at the link today, when I checked, no text. The news blurb didn't really say much.).

Either way, I hope loved ones find answers, and receive the support they need.
That's odd. Maybe try again? I just went to the link and can see the entire article under the video. ??? MOO

That's odd. Maybe try again? I just went to the link and can see the entire article under the video. ??? MOO
Yeah, weird. Now the article shows, and the video is entirely different (the real short one was taken in daytime, eg). Thanks for suggesting; I'd tried several times earlier. Shrug.

Just wanted to point out how kind it is of the person who made the discovery to remember the family in their statements: "My condolences,” he said. “I’m praying for them. It’s terrible, and my thoughts are with them.”

I have questions.

Is the treeline accessible from a road? From a trail or path? Was this area searched prior to discovery? How long had there been an odour? Any confirmation of how long the body was there? Are there cameras (trail cams, doorbell cams, security, surveillance, etc)? When was the last time the homeowners had been near that particular spot?

Hoping everyone involved is having all the support they need.

Sadly, I would say that's a yes.

This reminds me a little of Jessica Easterly Durnings case in LA. She also went missing and was found very close to her home. Family was searching, smelled an odor, then found her body.

With Lindsay though, could this be related to her skull fracture from the earlier accident she was in? Did she leave the home to partake in a substance, had a medical event with no one around to help? Upstream someone said she was known to take her dog off the leash when walking, so the dog returned home. I only mention a substance, as a way to explain how a 30 year old woman who went for a walk, ends up deceased so close to home. She also could have suffered a medical event without that being a factor.

I don't know, hopefully the autopsy/toxicology tests will give Lindsay's family the answers they need :(
My thoughts are with them today.

Noting for update to thread title:

The coroner's office identified the body as 30-year-old Lindsay Bass.

Police said the investigation is ongoing.

Rest in peace, Lindsay. Sincere condolences to her friends and family.
View attachment 361504
It is sad how this ended and that she was so close to where she went missing from. I just don’t understand why nobody physically looked for her and here. She would’ve been found so much sooner. I had a feeling that she committed suicide from things I heard and knew and unfortunately I was correct the whole time. I hope her family and loved ones can heal from this and find a way to carry on for Lindsay.

So sad. RIP Lindsay. Looking back now, I should have paid more attention to the fact that the dog returned because that could have been a clue that she was still close by. I will remember to consider this with any similar future threads that include a pet returning home alone.

I feel horrendous typing this, but after 3 months in the summer there wouldn't be much to smell left. Do we know when lindsays remains were found?

I feel horrendous typing this, but after 3 months in the summer there wouldn't be much to smell left. Do we know when lindsays remains were found?

One of the articles above says the remains were found on August 16. :(

And I hate to type this too but there apparently was some odor because the article in @PommyMommy post above shows:

“We were smelling a dead animal smell and we thought it could be the deer that come by here every now and again,” NH said. “And so, I wanted to see what it was, if it were around here, so I could move it somewhere else, ‘cause we were smelling it. I went in and I couldn’t find anything, but one of my dogs came across it.”

This map is not exact, but it looks like it's a pretty short walk from the Yacht Club area to the area of the 4400 block of Dry Ridge Rd:

1661634771357.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase