OH OH - Lori Lloyd, 14, Kettering, 10 Feb 1976

I was just coming to post this! I'm happy that they finally know what happened to her, but sad that they don't know where she is buried.

I was just coming to post this! I'm happy that they finally know what happened to her, but sad that they don't know where she is buried.
They still need to find out who killed her. Her body was found nude, so it is a safe bet that she was murdered. It also seems that her death may have occurred up to two months after she disappeared, so she may have been held captive during that time.

And that is important, but really, I'm just happy her family isn't in limbo anymore.

Finding the killer is going to be exceedingly difficult, after almost 40 years.

And that is important, but really, I'm just happy her family isn't in limbo anymore.

Finding the killer is going to be exceedingly difficult, after almost 40 years.
It depends on whether any forensic evidence was preserved. The shorts found near her body may have had the killer's DNA on them.

Lori Jean Lloyd
lori_jean_lloyd_1.jpg
lori_jean_lloyd_2.jpg
lori_jean_lloyd_3.jpg
lori_jean_lloyd_4.jpg

Lori, circa 1976

lori_jean_lloyd_5.jpg

Age-progression to age 49 (circa 2011)

• Missing Since 02/11/1976
  • Missing From Kettering, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/27/1962 (57)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'3, 102 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A sweater, jeans, and possibly a t-shirt and a jacket.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lori attempted suicide by slashing her wrists approximately six months prior to her 1976 disappearance and may have several scars as a result. She has freckles across her nose and a gap between her two front teeth. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance

Lori was babysitting with a friend on February 11, 1976 in her hometown of Kettering, Ohio. Her mother dropped off a pizza for Lori, her friend and Lori's two-year-old nephew, whom they were babysitting, during the evening hours. Lori thanked her and gave no indication anything was amiss at the time.

It was the last time Lori's mother saw her daughter. Her mother returned to the residence sometime after midnight and noticed Lori was missing. Lori's friend and her nephew were asleep; when she awoke, the friend told Lori's mother that Lori had walked to a convenience store three blocks away to purchase cigarettes.

The employee at the business stated that Lori had never arrived at the store that night. She has not been seen again. Her mother searched for in the area with her car, but without success. A knapsack disappeared from the house at the same time Lori did, but her purse, Bible and private phone book were left behind.

One of Lori's friends stated Lori planned to meet a boy that night who said he would take her to California to live with her father. (Lori was born in Fontana, California, and lived there with her mother and four older siblings before they moved to Ohio in 1970.) This boy, if he existed, has never been identified.

Lori had a history of running away from home, but before she always phoned her family every time she left to assure them she was fine. She has not contacted anyone since vanishing in 1976. Lori did not take any personal belongings with her and also left her clothing behind at her home. She left a small amount of money untouched in a savings account as well.

Her mother stated she seemed happy at the time of her disappearance and was doing well at school, where she worked as a teacher's aide and did tumbling and track.

Lori's family traveled to California in 1980, four years after she was last seen. They viewed a documentary film regarding the drug angel dust and noticed a girl employed as an extra in the movie who resembled Lori. Her family contacted the filmmakers, Dave Bell Associates, and the producers attempted to identify the young woman.

She apparently did not sign a release prior to appearing in the film and has never been identified or located. It is not known if the extra was Lori. Bell's company produced a documentary about Lori's case entitled Whatever Happened To Lori Jean Lloyd?, which was released in the United States in 1981. No solid leads were uncovered after the film aired.

Lori was mistakenly reported to have been found in October 2004. The report turned out to be false and she is still missing. Lori's case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Kettering Police Department 937-296-2555
Source Information

Next month will mark 45 years since Lori went missing. There have been many twists and turns in this story, but all the questions remain. Perhaps there will be answers soon.

According to the families public Lori Jean Llyod FB page she was identified as a Jane Doe found in KY. The missing case has been closed however it remains a open Homicide cold case. Still many questions for the poor family.

Lori Jean Lloyd

How odd, her page is still up on NamUs

Just came by to add this photo in colour

upload_2021-4-17_15-21-24.png

Lori's NamUs page is still up along with the Jane Doe where they thought it could be her. I went on the Lori Jean Lloyd FB page and it looks like the last time the page was updated was 2019 (but look like the comments under a post are from 2020). The family believes that a Jane Doe in KY is her because of dental records, but they couldn't find the body to exhume it. They hair samples they had for this Jane doe were too old and not preserved and couldn't be used. They family is saying the case is closed, but they need to find out who murdered her.

I am really surprised both Lori and the Jane Doe's NamUs and Doe Network pages are still up.

Here is the Jane Doe's NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Jane Doe's Doe Network page 930UFKY

Since I moved to Ohio recently I have been thinking about Lori a lot more. I rewatched the scenes for the documentary Death Angel so many times I had a few thoughts that came to mind.
The Lori Jean Llyod documentary sparked an interesting question: If the girl in the documentary is in fact Lori then who is the blonde girl beside her?
Lori's mother and sister seemed to have gotten closer to finding out who she was. They were told that she may have run away with a boy and a girl from Dayton, Ohio to California. However we never find out their names in the documentary and since we have the blonde girl's face in the video I wanted to show images of what she looked like in 1980.
The two girls appear shortly after there is a break where a boy (15) named George Henry is seen talking to a head counselor/producer. George Henry, after the break, is then seen absolutely high on PCP after taking off with a friend. After coming down from said drug the two girls are now behind the blonde boy and off camera it was said they were talking together and laughing in the Lori Jean Llyod documentary.
Upon rewatching this very blurry imagery of the girls I saw that they were making some strange faces throughout the video. They appear either on drugs or coming down from them as most of the kids were.

Lori if you're out there just know that you are not forgotten and you never will be.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Whatever Happened to Lori Jean Llyod?
Death Angel 1979 documentary in Las Angeles

IMG_20221229_184317.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221229_200258.jpg
    IMG_20221229_200258.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20221229_200505.jpg
    IMG_20221229_200505.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have the impression that it was with someone she knew, probably not trustworthy, but that she knew took her away to never let her live as a girl, even 13 years old, she is a girl and unfortunately I think we will never know what happened to her.
wherever you are rest in peace lori

Lori's Charley Project looks amazing. I'm so glad they mentioned the documentary!

I do think it's a confirmation that Lori is in fact Grant County Jane Doe 1976

The Doe Network page for that Jane Doe is still up though: 930UFKY
I feel like this is not confirming either side. Just as the rest of this situation seems, it's very ambiguous. My guess is her family, convinced Jane Doe is Lori, got Doe Network to take her profile down. Don't have a reason for Jane Doe's profile being still up though. I can't call this a true match until both NamUs profiles are down or at least both Doe Network profiles.

Lori’s dental records matched those of the Jane Doe so we know it’s her. Only issue is Lori’s body is buried in a Potters Field with 70 other bodies. They haven’t been able to get the remains to confirm with DNA but they have an identification through dental records

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back