GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

Liz Carroll faces the following charges:

Two counts of child endangerment
Involuntary manslaughter
David Carroll faces the following charges:

Two counts of child endangerment
Involuntary manslaughter
Gross abuse of a corpse

More charges are expected, police said. http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/28/presser.html

californiacarrie said:
See page 3 of the orriginal thread about Marcus.
Thanks Carrie. Wow, I wonder where she was during these days that they were gone?

I don't think she told the social worker "Oh you absolutely can not see him today." If she simply stated that they boy was asleep (upstairs as per her report) and not feeling well the social worker still would have no reason to suspect anything if it were the first instance. I imagine a few questions transpired ("Well how is he doing otherwise?" etc) and so contact was made/attempted and rescheduled. I agree that there is an importance to at least lay eyes on the child, but I still don't believe the social worker had any reason to be suspicious at that point in time.

When I was 18, my 14 year old brother was placed into my care. I think Marcus' case worker dropped the ball. When I had a scheduled meeting my brother's SW, he had to be there. As soon as the SW visualized him and asked him a few questions he was free to go play or do whatever. The visit is to check on the child to make sure his/her needs are being met, proper clothing, food, environment, etc. The SW's aren't there for a "Hi, how ya doin?" meeting with just the foster parent. It is to document that the environmentis good for the child. I don't think my brother's SW would have fell for the "He's not feeling to great."

It sound like (from the other thread) the girlfriend may have been the one that finally squealed...

2luvmy said:
When I was 18, my 14 year old brother was placed into my care. I think Marcus' case worker dropped the ball. When I had a scheduled meeting my brother's SW, he had to be there. As soon as the SW visualized him and asked him a few questions he was free to go play or do whatever. The visit is to check on the child to make sure his/her needs are being met, proper clothing, food, environment, etc. The SW's aren't there for a "Hi, how ya doin?" meeting with just the foster parent. It is to document that the environmentis good for the child. I don't think my brother's SW would have fell for the "He's not feeling to great."
Like mystriew said, they had already met their mandated quota for the month - the extra visits were as a support to the foster family. And social worker visits to the foster home DO include a "hey, how are ya doin?" to the foster parents - it is important to know that the foster parent is okay and not feeling overwhlemed as well. Again, I agree that there is an importance that should be placed on visual contact of the child, but again, the social worker had no reason to be suspicious at that time. She had seen the child the previous week.

If Marcus had been school age the caseworkers would have had a hard time just working in the once a month requirement.

Liz had a WIC appointment at two o'clock on the day that she went to the park at 1:00. At the WIC appointment she would have had to have Marcus with her.

Hinebaughs said:
Children's services told News 5 that Lifeway for Youth made a monthly progress report indicating that a caseworker visited the Carrolls' Union Township home on Aug. 3 -- 12 days before the developmentally disabled toddler vanished at an Anderson Township Park.

"The progress report would list all the times Marcus or any child was contacted or seen in the home, so the last record we had was Aug. 3," children's services spokeswoman Dawn Grady said.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/9726220/detail.html

So he was last seen by a caseworker on Aug. 3, and the family left for a family reunion in Ky. on Aug. 4. They returned on Aug. 6.

You know, now that we're talking about it, I'm curious as to why Marcus wasn't receiving in home behavioral support. When a child is diagnosed with Autism there are many, many programs which will come in to your home and work with the child on a daily basis. It doesnt sound like he was getting any of these services when he was with his mom either. In fact, if he were three, he would have been eligible for specialized preschool.

:furious: I am just angry at reading this. I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would do this.

californiacarrie said:
You know, now that we're talking about it, I'm curious as to why Marcus wasn't receiving in home behavioral support. When a child is diagnosed with Autism there are many, many programs which will come in to your home and work with the child on a daily basis. It doesnt sound like he was getting any of these services when he was with his mom either. In fact, if he were three, he would have been eligible for specialized preschool.

Headstart does it in this area, and I don't know if they do it in the summer. Schools just opened on the 21st.

californiacarrie said:
Selfishness.
Selfishness, I understand... somedays I wake up feeling "selfish". This goes beyond selfish, it goes beyond a "bipolar" label (I know some bipolar people who have NEVER acted in a manner such as this...) It is inhumane! I just can't fathom a person opening their home to a "special needs" child and doing this. With my own "special needs" child, there were days when I WISHED someone could come in and help with his needs... but that never happened and never in a million years would I have done what these people have done! I will never win the "mother of the year award"... that's a cinch BUT?

I guess I am just angry, I would take in any child with any special needs whatsoever and somehow make it through with or without money supplied by the state! Where do these people come from? No compassion, no emotion, no nothing!

Sorry, had to rant... I just can't get over the ugliness of the world....

Boyz_Mum said:
Selfishness, I understand... somedays I wake up feeling "selfish". This goes beyond selfish, it goes beyond a "bipolar" label (I know some bipolar people who have NEVER acted in a manner such as this...) It is inhumane! I just can't fathom a person opening their home to a "special needs" child and doing this. With my own "special needs" child, there were days when I WISHED someone could come in and help with his needs... but that never happened and never in a million years would I have done what these people have done! I will never win the "mother of the year award"... that's a cinch BUT?

I guess I am just angry, I would take in any child with any special needs whatsoever and somehow make it through with or without money supplied by the state! Where do these people come from? No compassion, no emotion, no nothing!

Sorry, had to rant... I just can't get over the ugliness of the world....

Please rant away, but personally, I don't think this has anything to do with bi-polar. This is an evil woman only interested in collecting state funds for this kid without giving him the loving nurturing that she was being paid to do. She's a scam artist, a child murderer and a liar at the very least.

Jeana (DP) said:
Please rant away, but personally, I don't think this has anything to do with bi-polar. This is an evil woman only interested in collecting state funds for this kid without giving him the loving nurturing that she was being paid to do. She's a scam artist, a child murderer and a liar at the very least.
I am not saying that this has anything to do with bipolar, I have never met a person who suffers from bipolar to be this way at all, I was just refering to the earlier posts from persons who suffer from bipolar and the foster father's claim to be "bipolar"...

I am just wondering what would make people behave this way. I would never lock my child in a closet no matter what.

I just get confused about a "human" treating another human in this way. Is it all about greed?

Thank you for letting me rant and rave... I just don't get the way these mutants work.

Jeana (DP) said:

Exactly, which is why I can't even believe these two were foster parents in the first place! :banghead: I know that this has happened before and it is bound to happen again. Does anyone know what people have to do in order to be a foster parent?? Whatever it is, it needs to be stepped up a notch - behavioral assessments, etc........

Did their family not know that they were taking care of a foster child?? How did they go to a family reunion w/o him, w/o people asking questions? Did the girlfriend go to the reunion, too? If she lived there and knew what was going on, she should be charged, too IMO. AAAHHHH I just want to scream - If they just had to go w/o him to the reunion, why not let the girlfriend watch him for a couple of days?? Nah, putting him in the closet probably seemed like a much better idea. SICK.

Jeana (DP) said:
She's a scam artist, a child murderer and a liar at the very least.
And a very bad liar at that. She had about as many versions of her story as Darlie does...

From what I understand, SW are mandated to check on the child once a month, HOWEVER, when that child is diagnosed with developmental delays, autism, etc., they are then mandated to check on that child once a week.

And, since there was documented domestic violence with the foster father, not only should the mandated once a week visit be strictly enforced, regardless what the foster mother says, but the SW had a duty to remove that child from the home immediately.

IMO, the SW should have demanded to see the child. Period.

I guess this means the mom of Liz Carroll, who was defending her daughter's innocence must not have been at that reuinion-hopefully it was on his side of the family or else mom will have some explaining to do herself in the press.

This just makes me sick. Another beautiful child gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back