Found Safe OH - Miski Ahmed, 2, Columbus, 24 Dec 2017

perfectingpink

Reaction score
Man who pulled the mother out of the vehicle goes by the street name “East & West”. He is a black male who was last seen wearing a black male wearing a red shirt and tan pants.

Amber Alert issued for 2-year-old girl in vehicle stolen from north Columbus

miski-ahmed.jpg

[....]

Miski Ahmed is described as a 2-year-old black female with black hair and brown eyes. She weighs around 20 pounds. She is wearing a red jacket with black polka dots and jeans.

The stolen vehicle is a 2012 gray Toyota Sienna minivan. The vehicle’s license plate is HHU1856.

[....]

http://nbc4i.com/2017/12/24/police-...girl-2-in-stolen-vehicle-from-north-columbus/

Praying that he drops this baby off somewhere safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn't sound like a carjacking if they know who he is. Is he the baby's father?

Oh my goodness that poor girl (and her Mama!!). Since they have the name of the perp does it mean it's a targeted abduction, or a horrible random carjacking?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness that poor girl (and her Mama!!). Since they have the name of the perp does it mean it's a targeted abduction, or a horrible random carjacking?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

My gut reaction is that this isn't a targeted abduction. They have his street name, if it was the child's father they would know his real name.

My gut reaction is that this isn't a targeted abduction. They have his street name, if it was the child's father they would know his real name.

Well, they somehow know he's Somalian. I wonder why they are not releasing his real name.

Well, they somehow know he's Somalian. I wonder why they are not releasing his real name.

Knowing he's Somalian isn't that big of a leap, people who live in communities with large migrant populations will be able to identify a member of that ethnic group. For instance, in the area in which I live there are tons of Brazilian and Honduran migrants, I can take one look at someone and tell you if they are Brazilian or Honduran. A Somalian would be easy to identify, they have a very distinct accent and facial structure. If I had to speculate on why they haven't released a full name it's because they don't know it yet.

AMBER ALERT: 2yo Miski Ahmed was inside a vehicle when it was stolen from N. Columbus. A B/M wearing a red shirt & tan pants pulled a mother out of her vehicle on Albert Ave & took off around 4:54am Sunday (12/24) Miski was inside. Suspect goes by name “East & West. Info-Call 911 .

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbusPolice/status/944906510861258752
becab29a442da0c773ef689d57e755c2.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The little girl's name and appearance would suggest she has some Somalian origin/connections. Although it's still awful I hope in a way that the abductor is her father or perhaps another relative as if it's some sort of custody thing he is less likely to harm her. 5am in the morning seems an odd time to be in your car with a young child. I wonder if the mother was trying to get away from someone.
Fingers crossed they will be able to trace this vehicle quick with the amber alert and find Miski safe. Hope the mother has someone around to help her through this.

My biggest hope is this is not another child whose absence is needing to be explained because other family will be asking about them on Christmas day. :(

The little girl's name and appearance would suggest she has some Somalian origin/connections. Although it's still awful I hope in a way that the abductor is her father or perhaps another relative as if it's some sort of custody thing he is less likely to harm her. 5am in the morning seems an odd time to be in your car with a young child. I wonder if the mother was trying to get away from someone.
Fingers crossed they will be able to trace this vehicle quick with the amber alert and find Miski safe. Hope the mother has someone around to help her through this.

I agree, she def has some Somali facial features. I hate that we're not getting any updates on the search.

Columbus Division of Police

**UPDATE 12/24 10:55am AMBER ALERT CANCELLED:

Thanks to alert citizen 2-year-Old Miski Ahmed was found near the Continent (N. Columbus) around 10:45am. The minivan was also located. The suspect fled. Miski is being taken to*Nationwide Children's Hospital*for an evaluation.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/12/24/police-...girl-2-in-stolen-vehicle-from-north-columbus/

Columbus Division of Police

**UPDATE 12/24 10:55am AMBER ALERT CANCELLED:

Thanks to alert citizen 2-year-Old Miski Ahmed was found near the Continent (N. Columbus) around 10:45am. The minivan was also located. The suspect fled. Miski is being taken to*Nationwide Children's Hospital*for an evaluation.

Thank goodness! I hate my mind goes to such a dark place but am thrilled I was wrong!

Oh, thank goodness for that, tbh, perfectingpink, 5 minutes after I'd posted, horrible thoughts of Susan Smith's "carjacking" and all the other stories that a lot of parents have made up to explain a missing child. And the time of the incident seemed suspicious. Very happy to be wrong, but still wonder if the mother was targeted to scare her? Surely you could see if there was a child in the car, unless are they homeless and she was sleeping in the back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back