OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

Buckeye, not buckhead. :)

The buckeye is the state tree of Ohio. Beautiful big shade tree with palmate leaves. The buckeye a non-edible nut in a prickly green outer husk, with a beautiful mahogany brown nut with a quarter sized creamy spot. We had about 6 of these trees in our yard growing up.

The mascot for OSU is the buckeye. (Thankfully trees can be mascots without offending anyone!)

Buckeye, not buckhead. :)

This is a sports question. I fail; a bunch of adult men running around in tight pants, chasing a brown ball --- I should love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just moo moronic

As a kid we had season nonsense to the Miami Dolphins I hated it, as a kid, I thought this was the stupidest stuff I have seen

Had to pretend I wanted the binoculars to watch someone chase this little brown ball - ugh child abuse!!

, it was hot, noisy, I remember I liked the hot dogs!!

- we also had season tickets to Broadway , I loved it , That my scene !!

Give me Julie Andrews in air conditioning as opposed to a loud bunch of dudes yelling and screaming that someone caught a little brown ball and ran ugh never got it still don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me to Parker House - screw the Orange Bowl !!!!!

A marinating homosexual!!

funny

Is the term buckhead only to this university ??

This officially started at 1056. Can we find out when the florine thing started?

All of Ohio is the Buckeye state. Ohio State University are the Buckeyes. :)

It is actually like can we predict when white American males going on a shooting spree?

No, the only difference is white American mass shooters are far more P relevant than any other mass shooters.

The statistics indicate we are far more in danger of being murdered by a white American mass shooter than anyone else!!

And aren't the signs the same: loners who spend too much time online, have undiagnosed or untreated mental illnesses, don't socialize, stock up on weapons? And radicalized by ___fill in the blank___.

Unfortunately that describes a lot of people.

It is actually like can we predict when white American males going on a shooting spree?

No, the only difference is white American mass shooters are far more P relevant than any other mass shooters.

The statistics indicate we are far more in danger of being murdered by a white American mass shooter than anyone else!!
RSBM

Not sure I agree.

But both are equal in their anger and hate. And both do not hesitate to take out their rage on people --sometimes those they barely know.

My question is : why is it that radical Islam produces killers more often --and whips people who may have been peaceful into some sort of frenzy ?
:moo:

RSBM

Not sure I agree.

But both are equal in their anger and hate. And both do not hesitate to take out their rage on people --sometimes those they barely know.

My question is : why is it that radical Islam produces killers more often --and whips people who may have been peaceful into some sort of frenzy ?

fact But when the statistics are reviewed one is far more in danger of being killed , in a mass shooting, by others not Muslim, , between the ages 20-30!! It is just a statistical fact

piechart2.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Statistically It is just not true

View image on Twitter

It is just fact

the overwhelming majority of mass shooters in Americaare white men, ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-muslim-immigrants-haven-involved-shootings-article-1.2672223
Follow

Adam Khan @Khanoisseur

Mass shootings that involved Muslim suspects (red)
8:24 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Radical Islam Not Responsible For Vast Majority Of Mass Shootings In America, Says Report

http://www.ibtimes.com/radical-isla...ty-mass-shootings-america-says-report-2381320

And aren't the signs the same: loners who spend too much time online, have undiagnosed or untreated mental illnesses, don't socialize, stock up on weapons? And radicalized by ___fill in the blank___.

Unfortunately that describes a lot of people.

Yes, that description also fits domestic terrorists such as radicalized christian prolife terrorists who target abortion clinics.

In this particular case, though, the radical ideology is radical islam. Same as in the St. Cloud mall stabbings, and the Cascade mall shootings. Among other numerous instances of domestic radical islamic terrorism.

Yes, that description also fits domestic terrorists such as radicalized christian prolife terrorists who target abortion clinics.

In this particular case, though, the radical ideology is radical islam. Same as in the St. Cloud mall stabbings, and the Cascade mall shootings. Among other numerous instances of domestic radical islamic terrorism.

JMO but I would like to see a decrease in all shootings and incidents of mass violence like this and others. The racial ideology is only part of the picture - if that's all we focus on we won't get anywhere.

RSBM

Not sure I agree.

In the USA it doesn't.

At this point we do not know motivations of today- i just think it was a grade and professor attack - don't know really why!!!

I think he was failing the class.............we will see

JMO but I would like to see a decrease in all shootings and incidents of mass violence like this and others. The racial ideology is only part of the picture - if that's all we focus on we won't get anywhere.

I agree somewhat. (But wondered if you meant radical or racial?)

The ideology is important-- it can't be ignored or minimized, or said to be irrelevant. It's a "chicken/ egg" debate. Which came first?

1. The individual was primed for violence, and the radical ideology set the violence in motion?

Or,

2. The radical ideology promotes and encourages individual violence that wouldn't occur without the radical ideology?

The end result is the same-- paroxysmal violence. And it's a particularly thorny issue in this country when a political and radical ideology is also posing as a religion.

But these paroxysms of violence are not at all random. Even mass violence as a result of mental illness is predictable, such as Adam Lanza and James Holmes.

We CAN be more alert and observant of radicalization as a force that produces violence, and we must make some hard decisions about how to intervene before masses of people are killed. It's essential that we do this. We know who the risky people are, and what the risky ideologies are. We have to be brave enough as a nation to confront this evil and put a stop to it, IMO. It won't be easy, and it will upset some people, but we have to stop pretending it's something else. Our lives and the very existence of our country depend on getting this right. We have to be on the right side of history on this one, just as we were in WWI and WWII.

I agree somewhat. (But wondered if you meant radical or racial?)

The ideology is important-- it can't be ignored or minimized, or said to be irrelevant. It's a "chicken/ egg" debate. Which came first?

1. The individual was primed for violence, and the radical ideology set the violence in motion?

Or,

2. The radical ideology promotes and encourages individual violence that wouldn't occur without the radical ideology?

The end result is the same-- paroxysmal violence. And it's a particularly thorny issue in this country when a political and radical ideology is also posing as a religion.

But these paroxysms of violence are not at all random. Even mass violence as a result of mental illness is predictable, such as Adam Lanza and James Holmes.

We CAN be more alert and observant of radicalization as a force that produces violence, and we must make some hard decisions about how to intervene before masses of people are killed. It's essential that we do this. We know who the risky people are, and what the risky ideologies are. We have to be brave enough as a nation to confront this evil and put a stop to it, IMO. It won't be easy, and it will upset some people, but we have to stop pretending it's something else. Our lives and the very existence of our country depend on getting this right. We have to be on the right side of history on this one, just as we were in WWI and WWII.

All true, the facts are tho, that one is far more likely to be killed by someone other than the Muslim faith..................

At this point we do not know motivations of today- i just think it was a grade and professor attack - don't know really why!!!

Well, I'm sorry Cariis, but I can't agree with you on that one. There's not a shred of evidence, IMO, that this was anything but radical jihadism.

I think this is a case of a disaffected young muslim refugee that succumbed to radicalization, and acted out so as to achieve "relevance" in his journey to his idea of heaven, and attempted to take out as many infidels in a bloody manner as he could in the process.

Well, I'm sorry Cariis, but I can't agree with you on that one. There's not a shred of evidence, IMO, that this was anything but radical jihadism.

I think this is a case of a disaffected young muslim refugee that succumbed to radicalization, and acted out so as to achieve "relevance" in his journey to his idea of heaven, and attempted to take out as many infidels in a bloody manner as he could in the process.

Hi honey

have to wait for more info on today! But the reality is we are far more in dnager of getting killed by folks other than Muslims!

Those are just the numbers as reported !!!

I think most important is was he a student of this professor ??

I am hung up here!!

Senator Tim Kaine was all too quick and content to tweet this out as "gun violence".

[video=twitter;803280422155104257]https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/803280422155104257[/video]

ETA: Perhaps we should call it "Jihadi butcher knife violence"? Jihadi Car Violence? Ideas? "Sudden Jihadi Syndrome" appears to be trending on the internet. It's no secret ISIS is instructing and urging lone wolf attacks using vehicles and knives. It's easily searched-- don't want to put those links here.

The perp was thought to be a shooter. Or are people saying that he is saying the officer did gun violence? That would be reprehensible to say that is what Kaine was saying.

Assuming the FB post is correct he was politically motivated, in particular by the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya in Burma. What's the confusion here?

Those examples are not accurate. The Cascade mall shooting was done by a very mentally ill person who had many mental health interventions. The St. Cloud one had issues as well. I forget what they were.

Just cuz someone is a Christian does not make them a Christian killer. I would say all if not most mass killers are acting out of rage because of menatl health issues. Things such as abuse

This my alma mater. So thankful to OSU police for the quick response and that this didn't turn out worse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Those examples are not accurate. The Cascade mall shooting was done by a very mentally ill person who had many mental health interventions. The St. Cloud one had issues as well. I forget what they were.

Just cuz someone is a Christian does not make them a Christian killer. I would say all if not most mass killers are acting out of rage because of menatl health issues. Things such as abuse

moo totally agree

No link, just the news on Fox, but there is video of the perpetrator entering the campus and starting the attack by driving through the crowd of students, then exiting the SUV and starting to stab whoever was nearby. I think the professor was just unlucky enough to be a victim who was close by. You don't think the facebook posting right before the attack is relevant?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back