OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

The perp was thought to be a shooter. Or are people saying that he is saying the officer did gun violence? That would be reprehensible to say that is what Kaine was saying.

It was first reported as a shooter on campus. Senator Kaine tweeted in response to that. He later tweeted a corrected version. He wasn't incorrectly trying to portray this as gun violence, and he sure as heck wasn't suggesting the officer resorted to "gun violence."

fact But when the statistics are reviewed one is far more in danger of being killed , in a mass shooting, by others not Muslim, , between the ages 20-30!! It is just a statistical fact

piechart2.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Statistically It is just not true

View image on Twitter

It is just fact

the overwhelming majority of mass shooters in Americaare white men, ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-muslim-immigrants-haven-involved-shootings-article-1.2672223
Follow

Adam Khan @Khanoisseur

Mass shootings that involved Muslim suspects (red)
8:24 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Radical Islam Not Responsible For Vast Majority Of Mass Shootings In America, Says Report

http://www.ibtimes.com/radical-isla...ty-mass-shootings-america-says-report-2381320

Statistics can be tweaked to make it look however one wants it to look. Like that graph. It does not use the actual number of victims, but uses the number of attacks. Therefore 9/11 and the nearly 3000 dead souls are counted as ONE incident.

Also, it counts events since 1970. Yes, there were a ton of radical terrorists back in the day. But maybe we should count ACTUAL dead bodies since the year 2000, and see what those statistics say.

And that map with the red dots for Radical Muslim attacks dos not look accurate at all. I know of way more events than they have showing up on that map. I do not believe it is correct.

Those examples are not accurate. The Cascade mall shooting was done by a very mentally ill person who had many mental health interventions. The St. Cloud one had issues as well. I forget what they were.

Just cuz someone is a Christian does not make them a Christian killer. I would say all if not most mass killers are acting out of rage because of menatl health issues. Things such as abuse

Elliot Rogers parents tried to get him help

Adam Lanza mom tried to get him help

James Holmes mom tired to get him help

Was the kid in Townsville mentally ill? by all accounts yes

Austin H parents ought to have tried to get him help

Was the guy with the vapor gun mentally ill yes

Was Omar mentally ill - three days after his wife went on global news and reported he was bipolar.

Not sure which one this one was the guy that was in the barbor shop going all tangential on them

Was congress woman killer mentally ill yes?

Was the guy that did Rebecca mentally ill yes

Was the Canadian guy that went after cops mentally ill yes

Was Columbine harris on psyc meds yes

Did the mom of the guy who killed the cop in the last week describe her child as suffering with mental illiness - yes.

Was the guy who did the airport deal two weeks ago suffering with depression - yep he blew his brains all around his truck

Does the Cascade Mall guy have history of mental illness yes

Was German airlines pilot suffering with mental illness yes

I could go and on

Suicide in and of itself is mental illness.

The problem IMO is that in America the mindset is using the insanity defense as an excuse.

It is not an excuse - it is a reason- the notion of insanity is from the 1950's - we knew much less about mental illness then

Suicide by cop is mental illness, just changing MO.

Are most mentally ill people violent, from experience no.

Does that translate to mental illness is not behind a lot of the stuff that has happened the last 5 years - mo no.

Does this translate to mentally ill are gonna become mass shooters, it is IMO if you have eggs, you can probably make an omelette

1. The individual was primed for violence, and the radical ideology set the violence in motion?

Or,

2. The radical ideology promotes and encourages individual violence that wouldn't occur without the radical ideology?
SABBM Snipped for brevity

Maybe some of both ?

Trying to play the devils' advocate here -- Without a true understanding of radical islam... if I had a plan to arm suicide bombers or someone to carry out a lone wolf attack ; I'd pick the poorest people from the most impoverished country to fulfill the dark deed. Probably a younger person who could be easily swayed. But certainly a person who had (almost) no hope. I'd fill them with grand delusions of a bright future in the afterlife--replete with the honor and riches they never had on this earth.

This perp who carried out a heinous act today doesn't fit that profile. He was attending a university. I'm not sure on whose dime.
He had a future that was brighter than some who cannot afford higher education.
But something influenced him enough to throw it all away. Influence being the key word here.
As always, my .02.

It'll be interesting to see what sites he spent the most time on.
He was pretty vocal about his 'fellow muslims' being mistreated -- and thus why he felt the need to carry out this atrocity.
The "Daily Wail" claims Artan said he was (paraphrased) "... sick ....of seeing my fellow muslim brothers being killed and tortured..." Where ?
HERE , in the U.S. ? If that was happening all over the U.S., it would be front page news. And we DO jail people for such offenses.

So, was Artan watching videos from other countries where there is sometimes no protection at all ? And he became enraged and planned to die , but take as many as possible as he could ?
He had to have known it would most likely be his last day on earth.

I'm betting there are some muslims who would vehemently disagree with his way of thinking !

Statistics can be tweaked to make it look however one wants it to look. Like that graph. It does not use the actual number of victims, but uses the number of attacks. Therefore 9/11 and the nearly 3000 dead souls are counted as ONE incident.

Also, it counts events since 1970. Yes, there were a ton of radical terrorists back in the day. But maybe we should count ACTUAL dead bodies since the year 2000, and see what those statistics say.

And that map with the red dots for Radical Muslim attacks dos not look accurate at all. I know of way more events than they have showing up on that map. I do not believe it is correct.

I thought everyone knew this. And I don't understand why this is so hard for people to see. JMO but it's right in front of us and if we want to stop these killings we need to face what's really going on.

Who commits mass shootings?

According to data compiled by Mother Jones magazine, which looked at mass shootings in the United States since 1982, white people -- almost exclusively white men -- committed some 64% of the shootings.

Grant Duwe, director of research and evaluation at the Minnesota Department of Corrections, compiled his own numbers for mass public shootings, finding 160 cases between 1915-2013.

Of those, 97 involved shooters who had either been diagnosed with a serious mental illness, or showed signs of one.

"The 61% is actually a minimum estimate," said Duwe, who is also author of the book "Mass Murder in the United States: A History."

Of course another trait most mass shooters and killers have in common is they are men. Something else we (not we on WS so much as we as a society) need to discuss.

Men are responsible for some 90% of all murders. In fact, the only two women included in the Mother Jones study were Jennifer San Marco and Cherie Lash Rhoades.

No link, just the news on Fox, but there is video of the perpetrator entering the campus and starting the attack by driving through the crowd of students, then exiting the SUV and starting to stab whoever was nearby. I think the professor was just unlucky enough to be a victim who was close by. You don't think the facebook posting right before the attack is relevant?

Is it ok to link the post I would love to read it, but SM rules are confusing to me !!!

I would run. I would hide. I would not fight !!! Funny

I love my Carol she looks bad today but she is soooo good as a journalist imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtbuEyPBVgQ

she asks good questions, she has feeling while at the same time she aint putting up (politics) with any stuff!

She is empathetic when the story calls for

follow her tone of voice

she was on when breaking after the interview with the kid across the street you have a story cause of her questions just lov her

mommy issues maybe!!

her questions are conversational- like at a dinner table

tone of voice

she is authentic IMO

I thought everyone knew this. And I don't understand why this is so hard for people to see. JMO but it's right in front of us and if we want to stop these killings we need to face what's really going on.

Who commits mass shootings?

Of course another trait most mass shooters and killers have in common is they are men. Something else we (not we on WS so much as we as a society) need to discuss.

To me that stat is to be expected, in fact, looking at it that way each race seems proportionate to their races percent of population. What I find interesting is that males in each demographic commit so much more of the crime.

Its so sad generation before me doging nuclear warheads, me fire drills loved em got to act out and did not have to worry about the value of X ( who cares!)

now they are barricading them selves, seeing hearing people bleed out its all so sad really

The incidence of male violent crime drops off precipitously after age 45. Coincidentally, that is when testosterone drops significantly (that's a correlation, not causation, btw). There is loads of research on violent crime related to age.

A good friend is the chief psychologist for a large prison, and we have discussed this many times over dinner, etc. In fact, when an inmate applies for parole, one of the factors that is considered is the age of the inmate, and his history of violence both inside, and outside prison.

Really raw video

[video=youtube;TulmTa5qb-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TulmTa5qb-M[/video]

not graphic but gives a true sense

OK media monitors scanners, why was this not part of the story for hours
I am not a conspiracy nutball but there was something weird about today and coverage - in terms of no car being reported for hours

[video=youtube;LGwWuHJkFJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGwWuHJkFJM[/video]

Dotr

Vigil about to begin at Ohio State University following earlier incident that injured several people - @JSchmidtTV

[h=2]Police official at Ohio State says cameras show suspect in university attack was alone in his vehicle before the incident

Victims of Ohio State attacks were 1 faculty member, 3 graduate students, 3 undergraduate students - Enquirer

[/h]

what is your take?? TY

The incidence of male violent crime drops off precipitously after age 45. Coincidentally, that is when testosterone drops significantly (that's a correlation, not causation, btw). There is loads of research on violent crime related to age.

A good friend is the chief psychologist for a large prison, and we have discussed this many times over dinner, etc. In fact, when an inmate applies for parole, one of the factors that is considered is the age of the inmate, and his history of violence both inside, and outside prison.

Good point. I definitely see how testosterone makes for the difference in violent crime. Then, the million dollar question is, what separates a violent person from a mass attacker. Is it the simmering over slights, real or imagined? In someone with a radicalized viewpoint someone angry, but vulnerable, and a puppet to someone who has a Tony Robbins like pitch to sell to them?

OK media monitors scanners, why was this not part of the story for hours
I am not a conspiracy nutball but there was something weird about today and coverage - in terms of no car being reported for hours

[video=youtube;LGwWuHJkFJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGwWuHJkFJM[/video]

At 6:07 they run a cars plates, but it wasn't registered to the attacker. And I'm not even sure what the context was(I.e. If that was a random car, or something else) and I can't listen to the whole thing right now. But it's interesting.

I did not see this one

[video=youtube;-C0E2tKtTA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C0E2tKtTA4[/video]

The florine call was cleared and then this happened

Attacker's purported Facebook page had grievances about attacks on Muslims

ah ha you guys may be right, I am waiting for purported to be changed !!

he was "sick and tired" of seeing fellow Muslims "killed and tortured," according to federal law enforcement officials.

Investigators are examining Abdul Razak Ali Artan's Facebook page to determine whether the attack was terrorism, though law enforcement officials said it will take time to ascertain motive.

In a Facebook post shortly before the Monday morning rampage, the Somali immigrant urged America "to stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah," a term for Muslim people at large.

"By Allah, we will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims. You will not celebrate or enjoy any holiday."

"I can't take it anymore," he said in the post.

that is potent "holiday "

cautioned against jumping to conclusions when asked if the incident was terror-related

We don't know anything that would link this to any community. We certainly don't have any evidence that would say that's the case," Drake said.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohio-state-university-active-shooter/index.html

fact But when the statistics are reviewed one is far more in danger of being killed , in a mass shooting, by others not Muslim, , between the ages 20-30!! It is just a statistical fact

piechart2.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Statistically It is just not true

View image on Twitter

It is just fact

the overwhelming majority of mass shooters in Americaare white men, ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-muslim-immigrants-haven-involved-shootings-article-1.2672223
Follow

Adam Khan @Khanoisseur

Mass shootings that involved Muslim suspects (red)
8:24 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Radical Islam Not Responsible For Vast Majority Of Mass Shootings In America, Says Report

http://www.ibtimes.com/radical-isla...ty-mass-shootings-america-says-report-2381320

I am having a hard time with the way the above post in formatted. Can anyone help me out with what mass shooting took place in the Omaha, NE area in 2015? I can't remember one so I am not really understanding that map.

No link, just the news on Fox, but there is video of the perpetrator entering the campus and starting the attack by driving through the crowd of students, then exiting the SUV and starting to stab whoever was nearby. I think the professor was just unlucky enough to be a victim who was close by. You don't think the facebook posting right before the attack is relevant?

There is video of the assailant on campus? I haven't seen that. Link?

I am having a hard time with the way the above post in formatted. Can anyone help me out with what mass shooting took place in the Omaha, NE area in 2015? I can't remember one so I am not really understanding that map.

There is video of the assailant on campus? I haven't seen that. Link?
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/2015-the-year-in-mass-shootings-20151203
So far this year there have been 353 mass shootings in the United States, according the Mass Shooting Tracker, a crowd-sourced database. (The tracker defines a mass shooting as one in which at least four people are killed or wounded; the FBI uses three dead or wounded as its criteria.)

Here they all are, including Wednesday's attack in San Bernardino — the deadliest shooting in the U.S. since Sandy Hook.

January 24, 2015: Three dead, five wounded at a party in Omaha, Nebraska.

Elliot Rogers parents tried to get him help

Adam Lanza mom tried to get him help

James Holmes mom tired to get him help

Was the kid in Townsville mentally ill? by all accounts yes

Austin H parents ought to have tried to get him help

Was the guy with the vapor gun mentally ill yes

Was Omar mentally ill - three days after his wife went on global news and reported he was bipolar.

Not sure which one this one was the guy that was in the barbor shop going all tangential on them

Was congress woman killer mentally ill yes?

Was the guy that did Rebecca mentally ill yes

Was the Canadian guy that went after cops mentally ill yes

Was Columbine harris on psyc meds yes

Did the mom of the guy who killed the cop in the last week describe her child as suffering with mental illiness - yes.

Was the guy who did the airport deal two weeks ago suffering with depression - yep he blew his brains all around his truck

Does the Cascade Mall guy have history of mental illness yes

Was German airlines pilot suffering with mental illness yes

I could go and on

Suicide in and of itself is mental illness.

The problem IMO is that in America the mindset is using the insanity defense as an excuse.

It is not an excuse - it is a reason- the notion of insanity is from the 1950's - we knew much less about mental illness then

Suicide by cop is mental illness, just changing MO.

Are most mentally ill people violent, from experience no.

Does that translate to mental illness is not behind a lot of the stuff that has happened the last 5 years - mo no.

Does this translate to mentally ill are gonna become mass shooters, it is IMO if you have eggs, you can probably make an omelette

I do not think mental illness is a factor here. Granted some of them did, but I doubt it had anything to do with it. Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, and Seung-Hui Cho are injustice collectors. They are resentful at society. It is not just spree killers who are injustice collectors. Many terrorists are injustice collectors like Osama bin Laden, Mohamed Atta, Omar Mateen, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. There are even serial killers who would be considered injustice collectors like Aileen Wuornos, Richard Ramirez, Todd Kohlhepp, and Dean Corll. There are even female murderers who are injustice collectors like Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, Gertrude Baniszewski, and Lori Drew.

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Injustice Collector
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Identifying The Next Mass Murderer—Before It’s Too Late
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ntifying-the-next-mass-murderer-it-s-too-late

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

I do not think mental illness is a factor here. Granted some of them did, but I doubt it had anything to do with it. Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, and Seung-Hui Cho are injustice collectors. They are resentful at society. It is not just spree killers who are injustice collectors. Many terrorists are injustice collectors like Osama bin Laden, Mohamed Atta, Omar Mateen, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. There are even serial killers who would be considered injustice collectors like Aileen Wuornos, Richard Ramirez, Todd Kohlhepp, and Dean Corll. There are even female murderers who are injustice collectors like Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, Gertrude Baniszewski, and Lori Drew.

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Injustice Collector
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Identifying The Next Mass Murderer—Before It’s Too Late
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ntifying-the-next-mass-murderer-it-s-too-late

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

Yup. And I bet they all have stories of abuse or something really dysfunctional in the family. We pretend with kids that they can handle anything. That is not true.

We need to start addressing emotional needs . Men take it out on others ( generally speaking) and women internalize with cutting or severely overeating or anorexia. What else?

Anyway, we have to stop with the boys don't cry business and address that kids are traumatized by many things, I bet that would go a long ways to solving so many problems.

Hi Cariis come down to the basement and read the scanner thread!!

For members that don't about the basement -its a scanner thread and we are not allowed to discuss what we read on the scanner thread and discuss it here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...KING-NEWS!!!-Current-Scanner-Alerts-7/page905

I have never been able to figure out how it works. I have ended up on some where it is breaking.

but most of the time it sends you to a place I have no idea where I am , and have no clue how to get where I want to be!

I wish a mod would come on a thread and say here is the EXACT link for this story !!!

The link took me to 2013!!

Hi Cariis, odd that you're having trouble accessing it. Works fine for me.

Trigger, thanks for transcribing. It makes the confusion (which is natural in such circumstances) so apparent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back