GUILTY OH - Paris Talley, 3 wks, dies of thermal injuries, Dayton, 30 Aug 2005

Jury recommends life without parole.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...-without-parole-for-china-arnold-1164987.html

May 20, 2011

DAYTON — The jury that convicted China Arnold of killing her baby in a microwave oven recommended life without the possibility of parole today sparing the Dayton mother of a possible death sentence.

The 12-member jury made the recommendation to Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Mary Wiseman.

Wiseman immediately proceeded to sentence Arnold, who remained quiet in the courtroom, to life in prison.

The defense attorney is at it again. Enough already!

The case thus far:

Arnold put the baby in the microwave after a drunken argument with her boyfriend over whether the infant was his biological daughter.

She has had 3 trials already with the death penalty a possibility each time.

The first 2/2008) ended in a mistrial.

In the second (9/2008) she was found guilty but the jury could not decide on the death penalty. The judge imposed a sentence of life in prison (overturned on appeal 11/2010).

In the third trial 5/2011) Arnold was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of a parole after a jury did not vote for the death penalty.

Defense attorney Christopher Thompson listed multiple possible trial court errors in the third trial. Baby-killer mom wants yet another trial. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/mom-who-microwaved-baby-wants-new-trial/nZzNz/

Thanks for posting wendybtn. I revisited the thread from beginning to end. Strange how things unfolded in postings. Still have a lot of unanswered questions, but I'm pretty confident she's guilty. What ever became of the witness who overturned the 2nd (or was it the first?) conviction? Wish more facts had been revealed in the thread, timeline, etc.

That was a lot to digest. Pretty sure it wasn't a mistake between microwaving bottle vs baby. Believe me when I say I've done some pretty stupid, drunk things.

It is very unusual for an appeals court to overturn a jury verdict (trial #2). But so many of the articles linked to this thread no longer available to read, I assume the prosecutors tried the case again without witnesses who recanted their testimony & she was found guilty again. Now, I hope Paris Talley can RIP.

If you don't get the death penalty for cooking a little girl to death in a microwave oven, I wonder what it takes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back