GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took a couple of months for Hanna to get away from the Wagners after she learned about the abuse and violence towards Tabitha. I'm guessing she was getting threats from the Wagners about losing S.

She attended church and took the kids with her when they would go. She attended the same church across from UHR where everyone gathered on the day after the murders. I remember that from news stories. It was in testimony, too.

I also still don't believe Angela Wagner's BS story about S showing her that Chris Jr touched her. Total fabrication, IMO
I remember that Pastor quoted in a newspaper stating she had attended in the past but had "fallen by the wayside". Who testified as I must have missed it.

AC is doing a good job of following all the relevant events in a very lengthy and complicated timeline of Wagner abuse.

Also good at weaving the digital evidence into the narrative. There were so many texts, calls, etc. it seemed difficult to summarize them.

WATCH: Closing arguments today in OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV
@LawCrimeNetwork
Judge informing the jury that the death specifications have been dismissed against #GeorgeWagnerIV. This happened last week and was expected since Jake Wagner testified against his brother. Was part of his plea deal.

Angie Canepa begins closing argument by thanking jury for their time and for paying "strict attention." She apologizes for delays, stops and starts. Notes this process started in July

AC is doing a good job of following all the relevant events in a very lengthy and complicated timeline of Wagner abuse.

Also good at weaving the digital evidence into the narrative. There were so many texts, calls, etc. it seemed difficult to summarize them.
I love that she just said something like what is reasonable what George said or what Tabatha said. This was regarding the monitoring of her FB and she explained the timeline of the divorce, then 4 letters that were sent to George about visitation of Bulvine. Angela watching her FB for signed that Tabatha was going to fight for custody. Then a conversation with her lawyer where he said Tabatha cheating was not reason enough to deny her custody there had to be something else and then the W's tried to create the something else by calling the police to say Tabatha had drugs in her car after leaving the W's house.

I love that she just said something like what is reasonable what George said or what Tabatha said. This was regarding the monitoring of her FB and she explained the timeline of the divorce, then 4 letters that were sent to George about visitation of Bulvine. Angela watching her FB for signed that Tabatha was going to fight for custody. Then a conversation with her lawyer where he said Tabatha cheating was not reason enough to deny her custody there had to be something else and then the W's tried to create the something else by calling the police to say Tabatha had drugs in her car after leaving the W's house.

I still believe GW4's big motivation to help with the murders was his belief that Hanna was going to help Tabitha get custody of Bulvine.

Canepa talking about women in Wagners' world and how they would try to manipulate them. Judge Deering calls both sides to bench for conference.

Now talking about the night Tabitha ran away. Recalling Hannah Rhoden's call to Chelsea and how she told Chelsea the Wagners threatened to cut her legs off if she ran away.

Leading up to the arrests, Wagners still working as a family to make sure Tabitha never gets visitation of her son with George Wagner.

Moving on to Hanna Rhoden's relationship with the Wagners as she lived with Jake and afterward.

Canepa: According to Wagners, if you're abused or molested and don't do anything about it, you're a danger to the young kids (George and Jake's son and daughter)

Now on timeline building up to the murders - starting with Facebook message from Hanna to Tabitha's mother "They'll have to kill me first" - soon after, purchases started planning for the crimes.

Canepa: "It's hard to imagine that eight people would lose their lives over such a flimsy reason. But it's true," and you heard it from the people who did it.

George decides he's going to protect Sophia because he believes Jake won't do it. Tells Jake if he leaves with Beth Ann, he must leave Sophia behind with him so he can protect her. Says Jake won't.
Flimsy allegations against Beth Ann and the Rhodens. George whips himself into a frenzy - then it becomes George and Angela driving hard to kill the Rhodens.

I still believe GW4's big motivation to help with the murders was his belief that Hanna was going to help Tabitha get custody of Bulvine.
Yep. If Hannah got custody, then Tabatha would know it is possible. Hannah also knew the truth of how the family was and could back up Tabatha in court. We know they didn't get along when they both lived there because of those messages between Tabatha and Hannah. They had to compete for love in that house and it put them at odds with each other. Once they were both out of that house and they were talking back and forth, I bet the W's were scared of them working together to get both children.

Yep. If Hannah got custody, then Tabatha would know it is possible. Hannah also knew the truth of how the family was and could back up Tabatha in court. We know they didn't get along when they both lived there because of those messages between Tabatha and Hannah. They had to compete for love in that house and it put them at odds with each other. Once they were both out of that house and they were talking back and forth, I bet the W's were scared of them working together to get both children.
Yep! They teamed up to protect their kids. Hanna was researching the law and learning the process and was educating Tabitha how to proceed, what her rights were, etc. Hanna was doing this with the assistance of her own family - Chris Sr buying the new home for Dana and kids, Dana encouraging her to finish school and work, etc.

George "loses his mind" over getting Jake's new wife Beth Ann out of the house. Referring to the wiretaps in the truck. Tells jury to go back and listen to it saying "is it the demeanor or voice of anyone who would sit one out"

George even says he would protect Jake's daughter from Jake and Beth Ann himself. "They whip themselves into a frenzy"

Canepa painting George as part of the Wagners and quoting him "the family has spoken" when it came to Jake and Beth Ann's marriage.

George tells Jake "the family has spoken" that they didn't want Beth Ann at their home. George was giving the orders at that point.

All these battles and paranoia over the women in GW4 and Jake's lives, control of their lives - their phones, keys, etc. were consistent. It's how George and the rest of his family made these decisions, how they treated the women.

ETA: All the Wagners were willing to resort to crime in order to control the women. Threats of violence and actual violence, spying, pressure, etc.

It took a couple of months for Hanna to get away from the Wagners after she learned about the abuse and violence towards Tabitha. I'm guessing she was getting threats from the Wagners about losing S.
Hanna helped Angela with some Facebook tricks & knew what they were up to regarding Tabi & custody. She later apologized to Tabi for the way she acted the night Tabi left. Hannah was young & the Wagners were able to manipulate her...to a point. Once she had enough, she'd had enough. Jake choking her & trying to keep her from her dad was her last straw. Good for her!

Parker interrupts with an objection. Probably trying to distract AC when she's got the jury's attention.

Parker interrupts again, approaching bench. I hope the prosecution does the same to him during his closing arguments.

Each attorney can tell jury to rely on their collective memories re evidence.

Last edited:
Yep, and I'm sure that the jurors will remember that GW4 didn't trust LE. Yet, he calls them. Clear why they were called. Cover your butt - had an agenda! IMO

Canepa: "There is nothing that happens in that household that isn't a family decision.”

Reminds jury hacking the Faceboook accounts of Tabitha and her mother was a crime - says jury will see it in the indictments. Says Wagners will rely on crime when necessary - talking about calling state police on Tabitha with a false report.

Another objection from defense to Canepa's use of "they and them" - overruled. Canepa says Jake George and Angela working together at the Peterson Rd. on everything "It was a family affair”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member