GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe GW4's big motivation to help with the murders was his belief that Hanna was going to help Tabitha get custody of Bulvine.

This is finally a solid reason for George to have a ball in this game. A good reason that affects him personally. As Canepa is saying, you hear him on the tapes "the family has spoken" "I would save S from you and your wife" etc...She says that George is not one to sit it out. Meaning the murders. George in fact was making family decisions.

This is finally a solid reason for George to have a ball in this game. A good reason that affects him personally. As Canepa is saying, you hear him on the tapes "the family has spoken" "I would save S from you and your wife" etc...She says that George is not one to sit it out. Meaning the murders. George in fact was making family decisions.
I've been saying this since we heard that testimony and read the texts: the process of Wagners taking Bulvine away, Hanna's texts to Tabitha, etc. The focus seemed on Jake and Angela plotting, but GW4 was reading the same texts, he read the "handwriting on the wall". He was already paranoid and obsessed about custody and control, it was a small, logical step for him to join in planning the murders.

Complicity arguments re GW4

AC gives examples of times GW4 lied about his participation in other Wagner family crimes, then helped cover them up.
Examples: burning down the house on Bethel Hill Rd, stealing gas, etc. It's a pattern.

@Cool Cats An obvious bloody shoe print was left at Chris Sr's, I have posted Scheiderer holding the photo of the bloody print. I always wondered why they left it.

So it makes sense George knew it was there and mentioned it to Angie - that he thought it was his - and that he wanted to smear it but Billy was in a hurry and told him to leave it. It explains why it wasn't smeared out like the others were. Obviously other prints were smeared or they would have found more bloody prints to use at Chris's.

Angie did not have to make this up for her deal. She already said George left with them that night.
The bloody footprint: I know that there was shoeprint evidence at both CR1's and DR's. I never implied shoeprint evidence didn't exist. I was simply pointing out, as pointed out, in the link I'd attached, (Aha Moment for BCI) that BCI Investigator Elliot, had determined that the print found at CR1's, was not a single shoeprint, but two.

That print that G4 told Mommy Dearest, was his, was actually two shoeprints, one each of a left foot, both different sizes. I don't buy her testimony that G4 said it was his alone, and that Daddy wouldn't let him smudge it. AW placed G3 at the scene, inside the home, that way (gotta get him in the picture), which would be her only way of doing so, if she in fact stayed home and claims no knowledge, beyond them leaving the Peterson home.

Why would she lie? Why has AW lied all throughout her life? Weaving horrible stories, about others, out of thin air, has been a way of life for AW. I can definitely see her continuing her tradition. Especially, as it reminds us in the first link, attached in my original post; " Angela last year pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, burglary, and other charges in connection with the crimes and agreed to a prison sentence of at least 30 years. She also agreed to testify against any family member who took their case to trial.

She is in it for AW. She said it was her idea to plead guilty, and she had not been approached by the state. She said she took the deal in the hopes of one day getting out of prison to give her sons and grandchildren hugs and kisses. (I'm guessing if she were honest, it was to save herself from sitting on death row) ;) JM2

Canepa reminds jury they can use "other acts" evidence about "the awful way" to raise children - how they were taught to commit crimes and steal.

Shows behaviorial fingerprint - "operating as criminal enterprise" - another objection and another bench conference.

Canepa discusses complicity and how George can be found guilty of murder even if he didn't pull a trigger. Knew what was going to happen, aided and abetted and helped cover it up.

Discussing shoes as "strong circumstantial evidence." How BCI figured out what shoes they were, and that they had two different sizes.

"Thank goodness they wore two different size shoes that day" then they found the Walmart receipt in the Wagner trailers

Found 12 shell casings matching those at crime scene at Peterson Road. That gun killed five of the victims. Property deeded to both Jake and George

Edited to include additional tweets.

Last edited:
Circumstantial evidence - bloody shoe prints

Shoe prints left in blood they knew had to belong to one or two of the killers.
BCI agent Elliott figured out the different sizes 10.5 and 11.
Showing diagram of where those 3 prints were found in Chris Sr's home
Blood patterns different on the different shoes.
Find receipt for the shoes
Finds record and video of AW buying shoes on April 7, 2 wks before murders
Analysis showed the shoes were new, no wear pattern
Angela's statement at the border - said she bought the shoes for the sons

Judge chastises Parker for his objections, JMO

Direct Evidence

All this evidence was backed up by direct evidence - confessions of Jake and Angela

Circumstantial evidence - Ballistics

Very strong evidence that someone who lived at or was at Peterson Rd had the same gun that killed 5 of the Rhoden Massacre victims.
Property was deeded to Jake and GW - lived there with their mother

BCI also developed evidence that unique firing pin, caused unique markings. Belonged to 1911 .22

Evidence - photo of Jake holding the gun, photo of the gun at Jake's home, gun list from phone

Gun list - also had GW4 owning the type of weapons that were likely used in the murders

Taking morning break til 11:15

Complicity arguments re GW4

AC gives examples of times GW4 lied about his participation in other Wagner family crimes, then helped cover them up.
Examples: burning down the house on Bethel Hill Rd, stealing gas, etc. It's a pattern.
Recalling George stated on the stand "I only gave up stealing fuel and semi loads." Therefore, everything else is up for grabs, in his mind.

Recalling George stated on the stand "I only gave up stealing fuel and semi loads." Therefore, everything else is up for grabs, in his mind.

And he probably was lying about that. He had a habit of lying about his involvement in crimes, saying everyone else in his family did it, but not him. Direct evidence testimony shows he usually lied about that.

Has it been reported how much time each side will have for closing statements?

Haven't heard a specific time. I don't think they're restricted.

Judge did point out that in the closing argument part of the trial, each side will have a chance to rebut statements of the other side's argument.

That's why Parker is out of line in interrupting Canepa repeatedly. He will have a chance to rebut things she said during her closing argument. There's no need to interrupt.

They're back

Circumstantial Evidence - various

AC talking about the silencer and SKS - backed up with receipts,purchases, etc. Find them buying and googling parts and how to make a silencer.

Billy calling Chris's phone, getting no answer when he knew Chris Sr was dead

Tattoo - Billy getting his scorpion tattoo, coupled with Boondock Saints video. Watched 4 hours before the murders. In Direct Evidence - Jake testified he watched the BS video clip and showed it to GW4

Jake dyed his hair, along with GW4 - to look like Norman Reedus

Also a discussion about scorpion and the frog in the movie

At end of Boondock Saints movie the dad of the characters kills his best friend

All seems suspicious - two brothers and father go out on vigilante hunts killing people

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members