OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
Emmy-nominated reporter at WKRC

"..What is strange about this is the state asked for a delay last week. Defense objected. Judge said no delay. Now both sides are on board with a delay/continuance. Back on December 2 for a “hearing” - not a trial.."

Rita Newcomb would not comment as she left the Pike Co. Courthouse this morning:
Twitter

Rita Newcomb sits with her attorney in Judge Deering's Courtroom
November 18, 2019

Last edited:
I think you are right. Time will tell.

I hope the judge anticipates these antics and makes deliverables and deadlines extremely clear as to whom the deliverables should be sent, on what medium, by what date, etc.

I realize that he cannot exclude new evidence. (I hardly think, however, that these 3 witnesses just came to him last week.) The judge can directly influence the tone of the trials and make it unpleasant for the defense when they attempt to drag things out by these sophomoric antics. MOO

There you go, it was denied but now defense is agreeing with a delay and it will be a hearing next time in court, not the start of trial with jury selection. And the jurors today were excused.

What the heck is going on?

Something the judge, prosecution, and defense all agreed to for some reason. Considering the Defense was against it and the judge agreed with Defense, there was a good reason to make the change... We may find out why, we may never know...

A question was posed previously concerning age limits and whether or not JW was pushing his trial date back to take advantage of that, if there is indeed such a limit. I think that's what JBB is asking about with Judge Deering. Am I close JBB?
Why would Judge Deering have even been assigned these cases if that were true?

I don’t post often, but I have this case since Day 1. I was on this site when the news was breaking, and the talk going around was that poor young Chris Jr had killed his family, because his body hadn’t been found yet. I don’t understand how this kind of behavior from Defense is allowed over & over again. I’m feeling very discouraged today and a bit sad. I can’t imagine how the Rhoden and Gilley families and friends are coping with how this is being treated and allowed by the judge. Makes me lose faith in many things. I was so invested in both Travis Alexander and Heather Elvis and there has been some justice handed out in those cases, but I’m starting to think that these trials are never going to happen.

Thanks to all of you sleuthers who keep your heels dug in and Pursue justice for this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie