OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going by this posted on the Defiance Farms Facebook:

Hauling Cattle!!!
January 23, 2016

Defiance Farms

They may have hauled cattle (and other stock). Some of the poorer counties don't have their own yards, (I don't think Pike has a yards), and some small farmers don't have their own stock trailers, so they call haulers to move their stock to the yards. I've known folks from around here to haul to yards that are across the state and some high end breeders will go out of state, to attend sales to bring back certain breeding stock. Just like some farriers don't own horses, not all haulers own cattle.

They may have hauled cattle (and other stock). Some of the poorer counties don't have their own yards, (I don't think Pike has a yards), and some small farmers don't have their own stock trailers, so they call haulers to move their stock to the yards. I've known folks from around here to haul to yards that are across the state and some high end breeders will go out of state, to attend sales to bring back certain breeding stock. Just like some farriers don't own horses, not all haulers own cattle.
Thankx. This makes me think maybe Billy:

George Wagner III USDOT 1394698 - Peebles, Ohio Trucking Company
George Wagner III (Ohio Transport Company)
Cargo Hauled by George Wagner III
Livestock

Was hauling other people's livestock. Not his cattle, not Fred's like I suspected, but cattle from small livestock owners who needed to get their cattle to the stock yards. He didn't have to own a livestock semi to do this, he could have used the livestock owners' semis.

The "boys" were also over the road truckers so perhaps it was a family affair with the Wagners convoying to the out of state stockyards.

All this came out in research related to possible jobs the Wagners had. We know they worked for Fred, ran a livestock farm of their own (many animals but I don't see any photos of cattle) and that the "boys" shared a semi and did over the road hauling. Also Jake worked on cars:

Bernie Brown, who owns the state Route 41 site visited by investigators said "Jake Wagner sometimes works for him fixing cars."

After the murders they sold the semi and Jake drove to Columbus for work. (Still looking for the article that says they sold the semi.)

Last edited:
Highlights of Angela Wagner's Defiance Farms posts. She went from the animals and farm being her whole life to downsizing by selling her animals, then selling the farm - which apparently she didn't want to do.

Defiance Farms (260 Peterson Road)
Livestock Farm
14192171_1023283634456060_2875209894162600214_n.jpg

13654376_990207971096960_4080074012471233906_n.jpg

April 27, 2015
Just a few farm photos. This is our family, our life. We just love it!!!
Thank you God!!!

June 12, 2015
Our garden is coming together nicely. Hopefully before fall we will get the fence around it and the greenhouse built. But for now it is doing great.

August 11, 2015
My dad went and got us some more geese and ducks to add to ours. They are so happy to be here. The kids really like them.

February 8, 2016
Meet Bob, he is my husband's little best friend. Believe it or not he is my best watch dog.

March 20, 2016
This is Gar Gar and Ginger......Hoping to get some baby pigs out of them this summer. They are both really nice and sweet.

April 10, 2016
Random Farm Photos

April 15, 2016
Spring Photos 2016

April 30, 2016
For sale//// 3 Kune Kune boars (proven breeders) etc.....

May 5, 2016
B--- and S---'s chickens, they get up every morning around 6 or 7 am to go look for eggs, poor things the chickens don't lay till noon.

May 7, 2016
Defiance Farms updated their cover photo

May 11, 2016
My flowers are doing awesome this year.

May 23, 2016
Our beautiful farm, everything is turning green, winter projects are getting finished...
just awesome....

June 3, 2016
Well almost done. Can't wait to be able to move our animals into the new barn.

June 17, 2016
The kid's chickens love their new house.

July 20 2016
Well, as badly as I hate to I am selling my breeding stock. Family matters have taken preference over my homestead heard. So now is someone else's chance to get started. Come help me out everyone, I really need to sell.

July 29 2016
"......Hate to sell these two, But I must. Have to downsize, ALOT...

July 29 2016
"....... As bad as I hate to sell them I must. $350 for both.

*************************************************************************************
September 26, 2016
260 Peterson Road (Defiance Farms) is listed for sale.

March 16, 2017
260 Peterson Road sells

260 Peterson Rd
Peebles, OH 45660

3 beds 1 bath 1,528 sqft
SOLD: $35,000
Sold on 03/16/17
Zestimate®: $193,241

This farm/ranch property has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and approximately 1,528 sqft of floor space. This property has a lot size of 58.13 acres and was built in 1901.

Property overview is from September 26, 2016 when the home was listed for sale.

Property Overview - 50 Acres of land with a mix of cedar pasture that turns into hardwoods..close to 32, but in the country. big deer killed on this property. also 21 acres , house and 3 barns can be bought that touch this land. great place to retire or hunt.

Last edited:
Got a question to ask you Sleuthers, for someone to kill Kenneth Rhoden, he had to know who it was because they opened the door and stepped in far enough for Kenneth to set still and shot him in the eye, who ever the shooter was they had be on good standing with him or he wouldn’t open the door, I really think a woman killed Kenneth, because if the fight happened at Big Chris house on 4-10-2016, Kenneth would have not opened that camper door to talk to Jake, George or Billy without a gun in his hand, JMO
I’m curious... why do you think he let them in? I thought he was laying in bed when shot. I’m trying to organize all this in my mind. Am I incorrect? Thanks!

Highlights of Angela Wagner's Defiance Farms posts. She went from the animals and farm being her whole life to downsizing by selling her animals, then selling the farm - which apparently she didn't want to do.

Defiance Farms (260 Peterson Road)
Livestock Farm
14192171_1023283634456060_2875209894162600214_n.jpg

13654376_990207971096960_4080074012471233906_n.jpg

April 27, 2015
Just a few farm photos. This is our family, our life. We just love it!!!
Thank you God!!!

June 12, 2015
Our garden is coming together nicely. Hopefully before fall we will get the fence around it and the greenhouse built. But for now it is doing great.

August 11, 2015
My dad went and got us some more geese and ducks to add to ours. They are so happy to be here. The kids really like them.

February 8, 2016
Meet Bob, he is my husband's little best friend. Believe it or not he is my best watch dog.

March 20, 2016
This is Gar Gar and Ginger......Hoping to get some baby pigs out of them this summer. They are both really nice and sweet.

April 10, 2016
Random Farm Photos

April 15, 2016
Spring Photos 2016

April 30, 2016
For sale//// 3 Kune Kune boars (proven breeders) etc.....

May 5, 2016
B--- and S---'s chickens, they get up every morning around 6 or 7 am to go look for eggs, poor things the chickens don't lay till noon.

May 7, 2016
Defiance Farms updated their cover photo

May 11, 2016
My flowers are doing awesome this year.

May 23, 2016
Our beautiful farm, everything is turning green, winter projects are getting finished...
just awesome....

June 3, 2016
Well almost done. Can't wait to be able to move our animals into the new barn.

June 17, 2016
The kid's chickens love their new house.

July 20 2016
Well, as badly as I hate to I am selling my breeding stock. Family matters have taken preference over my homestead heard. So now is someone else's chance to get started. Come help me out everyone, I really need to sell.

July 29 2016
"......Hate to sell these two, But I must. Have to downsize, ALOT...

July 29 2016
"....... As bad as I hate to sell them I must. $350 for both.

*************************************************************************************
September 26, 2016
260 Peterson Road (Defiance Farms) is listed for sale.

March 16, 2017
260 Peterson Road sells

260 Peterson Rd
Peebles, OH 45660

3 beds 1 bath 1,528 sqft
SOLD: $35,000
Sold on 03/16/17
Zestimate®: $193,241

This farm/ranch property has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and approximately 1,528 sqft of floor space. This property has a lot size of 58.13 acres and was built in 1901.

Property overview is from September 26, 2016 when the home was listed for sale.

Property Overview - 50 Acres of land with a mix of cedar pasture that turns into hardwoods..close to 32, but in the country. big deer killed on this property. also 21 acres , house and 3 barns can be bought that touch this land. great place to retire or hunt.
It's important to realize that during the time the "Peterson Farm" was up for sale there were three different MLS ID #'s associated with the land/home. One MLS # represented the total combination of two plots of land and included the house. The other two divided the property and house up into two parcels of acreage, one included the house. IIRC, the land plots were broken into two plots, one about 50 acres, the other about 21 acres.
JMO based on my memory.

If you google the property (260 Peterson), many R/E sites will come up and it is easy to differentiate between the three different MLS numbers.

IMO, the $ 35,000 closed sale only represents one parcel of the sale.

This completely JMO and MOO......

I’m curious... why do you think he let them in? I thought he was laying in bed when shot. I’m trying to organize all this in my mind. Am I incorrect? Thanks!
Yes you are correct. The eye witness found him lying in his bunk (in his camper where the bunk is raised) with blood in his eyes and with dollar bills scattered on his legs from the knees down. I don't get why the narrative gets changed. An eye witness is as good as it gets.

Last edited:
It's important to realize that during the time the "Peterson Farm" was up for sale there were three different MLS ID #'s associated with the land/home. One MLS # represented the total combination of two plots of land and included the house. The other two divided the property and house up into two parcels of acreage, one included the house. IIRC, the land plots were broken into two plots, one about 50 acres, the other about 21 acres.
JMO based on my memory.

If you google the property (260 Peterson), many R/E sites will come up and it is easy to differentiate between the three different MLS numbers.

IMO, the $ 35,000 closed sale only represents one parcel of the sale.

This completely JMO and MOO......
Yes I know the $35,000 they got for the home does not include all the many acres they owned and the barn plus any other buildings. The over all value of the property was much higher than the $35,000 the house was worth. Wonder what happened to the rest of their property?

Yes you are correct. The eye witness who found him saw him lying in his bunk (in his camper where the bunk is raised) with blood in his eyes and with dollar bills scattered on his legs from the knees down. I don't get why the narrative gets changed. An eye witness is as good as it gets.
Can anyone please link this information back. I was not part of w/s (or any other site for that matter!) until the arrests. By that time much of the MSM coverage of the murders had been either removed or edited.
Yes I know the $35,000 they got for the home does not include all the many acres they owned and the barn plus any other buildings. The over all value of the property was much higher than the $35,000 the house was worth. Wonder what happened to the rest of their property?
I think the sale of the rest of the property was recorded under a different MLS ID #. I will try to hunt around the R/E sites tomorrow and get clarification on the different MLS #'s.

Yes you are correct. The eye witness found him lying in his bunk (in his camper where the bunk is raised) with blood in his eyes and with dollar bills scattered on his legs from the knees down. I don't get why the narrative gets changed. An eye witness is as good as it gets.

Yep, but that's IF the eye witness is credible IMO.

Can anyone please link this information back. I was not part of w/s (or any other site for that matter!) until the arrests. By that time much of the MSM coverage of the murders had been either removed or edited.

I think the sale of the rest of the property was recorded under a different MLS ID #. I will try to hunt around the R/E sites tomorrow and get clarification on the different MLS #'s.

EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT BELIEVE IT OR NOT......DON'T CHANGE THE NARRATIVE...Grrr.....

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

Rhoden family ‘angry, hurt, confused’ amid Pike County investigation

The first graphic witness account of one of the scenes where eight people were massacred has been given to Daily Mail Online.

Car repairman Donald Stone, 44, told how he found the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden lying in bed with a single bullet wound to his head.

Stone revealed that Rhoden's corpse, from its knees down, was strewn with dollar bills which may have been a sinister message from the killer, who police believe could have been a gangland member.

Kendra didn't yet have all the details. Her cousin, Donald Stone, described the scene inside Kenneth's camper to FOX19 NOW in an interview following the murders in April.

"I walk in and I see a tray of marijuana plants on the floor and I turn around and I walk back out the building and I say we need to call 911," Stone said.

"I look over and I see Ken's leg on the bed. I hollered at Ken, I said Kenneth can you hear me? I walk up to the foot of the bed and I raise my head up and looked and seen blood in his eyes. And I knew then he was dead," Stone told FOX19 NOW.

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

'It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.'

Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.

Last edited:
EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT BELIEVE IT OR NOT......DON'T CHANGE THE NARRATIVE....

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

The first graphic witness account of one of the scenes where eight people were massacred has been given to Daily Mail Online.

Car repairman Donald Stone, 44, told how he found the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden lying in bed with a single bullet wound to his head.

Stone revealed that Rhoden's corpse, from its knees down, was strewn with dollar bills which may have been a sinister message from the killer, who police believe could have been a gangland member.

Kendra didn't yet have all the details. Her cousin, Donald Stone, described the scene inside Kenneth's camper to FOX19 NOW in an interview following the murders in April.

"I walk in and I see a tray of marijuana plants on the floor and I turn around and I walk back out the building and I say we need to call 911," Stone said.

"I look over and I see Ken's leg on the bed. I hollered at Ken, I said Kenneth can you hear me? I walk up to the foot of the bed and I raise my head up and looked and seen blood in his eyes. And I knew then he was dead," Stone told FOX19 NOW.

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.

Thanks!
I've never seen this interview.

Thanks!
I've never seen this interview.
Your welcome. I'm a bit frustrated that Donald Stone's story gets twisted. He is an eye witness. Donald stone is the only person who discovered a crime scene that is on video.

BJM is the only other person who discovered a crime scene who talked to reporters.

Respect the source.....:cool:.........Yes?

338F89B300000578-3560167-image-a-9_1461700406070.jpg

Donald Stone

636047689532734233-DemoDerby-0386-EDIT.jpg

Kendra Rhoden

Last edited:
EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT BELIEVE IT OR NOT......DON'T CHANGE THE NARRATIVE...Grrr.....

Some things to think about. My opinion only.

The Innocence Project is a nonprofit team of attorneys and law students that re-examines questionable murder convictions with the hope of using DNA evidence to overturn the sentences of defendents who've been wrongfully imprisoned. In the first 130 cases the Innocence Project overturned, eyewitness testimony played a part in 78 percent of those wrongful convictions [source: Stambor].
Why are eyewitnesses unreliable?

And:
Eyewitness talk
Many factors such as memory decay, poor eyesight and induced stress have already been shown to have an influence in false testimony. But these factors can only explain a small percentage of false eyewitness statements. There is another factor known as “eyewitnesses talk” which comes into play. This is where witnesses discuss what they saw with each other after the event and then change their mind about what they thought they saw based on the evidence of another witness.

Witnesses talking after an event is a pretty common phenomenon, a survey found that 86% of real eyewitnesses claim to have discussed the event with other witnesses prior to giving evidence. And this is where the process of “co-witness conformity” occurs – in other words eyewitnesses are influenced into including things they didn’t actually see in their statements.

But while previous research has proved that such processes can occur, very little is known about why some people are more likely to do this, or what influences people to change their statements in the first place.
New research reveals how little we can trust eyewitnesses

BBM

This was a weekday when KR would normally be at his regular job. Kendra thought he was at work and tried to call him at work that day. Why does DS say KR would normally be working on cars at 5:30am when that is about the time others have stated he left for work? Something doesn't sound right in my opinion only...

BBM

This was a weekday when KR would normally be at his regular job. Kendra thought he was at work and tried to call him at work that day. Why does DS say KR would normally be working on cars at 5:30am when that is about the time others have stated he left for work? Something doesn't sound right in my opinion only...

DS had stated, on video, that he and KR had plans that day to work on cars early, with KR taking off work and DS spending the night before. Except DS did not show up to spend the night, according to what he said in an interview.

All we have are the recorded statements.

edit: It just looks like KR and DS had plans for that morning, but there was no need to notify the entire family.

Last edited:

I have always felt like the money around KR legs/feet was from the Wags going through his pocket to get something they needed to gain access to Rhoden family such as keys and it was KR's money that fell out. JMO As far as getting in KRs trailer without him being on guard, I have thought about what would make him open his door and not be alarmed, what if AW knocked on the door and said she needed help that SW was hurt or sick. The thought of a child being hurt/sick will make you not think about your own safety first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CinnaSwirls