OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, April 15th:
*Pretrial Hearing-RESCHEDULED! (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) - for *George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47/now 48), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. *Pike County (Butler County jail).
Was arrested in Lexington, Ky., remains in the Lexington Fayette County Jail as a “fugitive from another state” according to jail records. An extradition hearing will be scheduled for him.
Court hearings from 12/4/18 thru 9/17/19 reference post #1122 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

12/9/19 Update: Defense filed extension for filing discovery motions (was 12/11/19) is granted. Have until 1/31/20. Judge wants State to look into appointing a Discovery Coordinator. Next pretrial hearing is 2/11/20.
2/11/20 Update: Judge talked about if the defense had any complaints the defense wants to have regular meetings with Wagner not telecom also the judge wants everybody ready for March 13th meeting on discovery. Judge Deering said it could be higher than $80,000 and that is why he hasn't decided on it yet. Court site has next pretrial hearing on 4/15/20.
4/14/20: DA files joint motion for continuance. Rescheduled for 6/22 at 1:30pm.
3/14/20: According to the Ohio Dept. of Health, Ohio's COVID 19 pandemic will peak around that time or in early May. Courts will continue to schedule things for their calendars.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) – Pretrial hearing on 4/23/20.
*Edward Jake Wagner (26/now 27) – Pretrial hearing on 4/16/20-DA files joint motion for continuance, rescheduled for 6/22.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) – Pretrial & Scheduling hearing on 1/21/20. No update as of 4/15/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Motion hearing on 12/2. No update as of 4/15/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Opinion

In regards to this conversation I think you both are correct. For sake of conversation let's say it is the scorpion tattoo that is in evidence rather than his Norse tattoos.

On the one hand the prosecution can't prove the reason Billy got the scorpion tattoo is because he committed 8 murders - yet on the other hand the defense can't prove he got it for a different reason.

Personally, I want to see all four of the Wagner family get what they deserve.
I also think boot tread is stronger evidence than a tattoo but that's just me. I have been searching for a pic of this tattoo and can't find it in the threads. I know it has to be here somewhere. Do you know where it can be found?

You know, that is true, it could mean nothing at all. But I can't imagine in my world, with 8 members of my extended family being brutally murdered in cold blood, in the beds with their babies that I would have the thought of having an 8 segmented scorpion tattooed on my thumb and trigger finger. It totally could be coincidence. Maybe he is too naive to give it a thought. Maybe not. It is just a strange, curious thing to have had done after the murders.
Edited to add, his lawyer obviously thinks it is not a good thing either the way he has him hide it from the camera.

I know exactly what these four monsters did and hope beyond hope they all get the harshest penalty possible. It would be better if they had proof he got it as a reminder of their horrifying crimes. My point is...and I should have explained it better...people from all walks of life judge the tattoos people wear. It would be wonderful if the prosecution has solid proof that is why he got the tattoo. It would be one more nail in the the coffin so to speak. Maybe he talked to the tattoo artist. Maybe they heard him talking about it around the same time they heard them all making their threats. Wouldn't that be lovely? It would make me happy to know they had that kind of proof.

I know exactly what these four monsters did and hope beyond hope they all get the harshest penalty possible. It would be better if they had proof he got it as a reminder of their horrifying crimes. My point is...and I should have explained it better...people from all walks of life judge the tattoos people wear. It would be wonderful if the prosecution has solid proof that is why he got the tattoo. It would be one more nail in the the coffin so to speak. Maybe he talked to the tattoo artist. Maybe they heard him talking about it around the same time they heard them all making their threats. Wouldn't that be lovely? It would make me happy to know they had that kind of proof.

Good comments. IIRC, the approval form he signed to have the tattoo done is in Discovery. I'll try to find and post. JMO

The tattoo release form is listed in AW's Discovery March 20 2019. So I'm sure the tattoo artist was interviewed. JMO

Angela Wagner

I also think boot tread is stronger evidence than a tattoo but that's just me. I have been searching for a pic of this tattoo and can't find it in the threads. I know it has to be here somewhere. Do you know where it can be found?
Click then enlarge photos of his tattoos:
181114-george-wagner-court-ac-450p_03297422cbaeba37cbbf8b4e049ef47d.fit-760w.jpg

8750ccaf-a4ed-4eb7-a83a-1134a5925f7e-_40A0267.jpg

I agree with you that boot tread evidence is stronger evidence than a tattoo.

(Jake) Motion #48
REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOE PRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS.

Apparently Jake Wagner's attorneys want to get the shoe print evidence and the shoe print expert's testimony suppressed. They claim that the State does not have any of the Wagners' shoes.

I think the Wagners threw out their boots (shoes) and figured if boot prints were recovered it wouldn't matter because there are no boots to match them to.

Surprise! BCI knows exactly what type of boots were bought at all those Walmarts, and if any of those boots were worn that night leaving prints.....well, then the defense can claim it is just a coincidence and that many people buy those boots.

Yes, but if forensics shows that the tread appears brand new, as in likely only being worn that night, and if the sizes closely match the Wagner's sizes then they better hope their attorneys will win their arguments in regards to suppressing shoe print evidence and expert testimony.

Wagner Arraignments (77 photos)

.....2 Cents......

Last edited:
IIRC, the scorpion tattoo is most visible in the photos from Billy's 1st court appearance (11/2018) in the orange jumpsuit. It is also the best view of the other tattoos on his lower arm. We also have no idea of the factual or implied meaning of any of his tattoos including the Valknut (sp?) knot. There also may been more tattoos that were not visible.

On the surface, it appears that "Billy's tattoo" has some connection to the Boondocks Saints movie. The scorpion tattoo does resemble the same positioning on his hand as a tattoo portrayed in Boondocks Saints movie.

But here is where I just can't draw an obvious connection/conclusion to the BS movie. To include this in discovery/evidence AC must have some very strong supporting discovery. I'm not sure I can obviously see that connection now.

Remember, the Discovery information we are able to see is basically just a Table of Contents or Chapter titles. They are supported by copious pages (computer hard drives) of detailed support, but we, the public, don't get to see those details now. I can only assume that detail will be revealed at the Trials.

Last edited:
IIRC, the scorpion tattoo is most visible in the photos from Billy's 1st court appearance (11/2018) in the orange jumpsuit. It is also the best view of the other tattoos on his lower arm. We also have no idea of the factual or implied meaning of any of his tattoos including the Valknut (sp?) knot. There also may been more tattoos that were not visible.

On the surface, it appears that "Billy's tattoo" has some connection to the Boondocks Saints movie.

But here is where I just can't draw an obvious connection/conclusion to the BS movie. To include this in discovery/evidence AC must have some very strong supporting discovery. I'm not sure I can obviously see that connection now.

Remember, the Discovery information we are able to see is basically just a Table of Contents or Chapter titles. They are supported by copious pages (computer hard drives) of detailed support, but we, the public, don't get to see those details now. I can only assume that detail will be revealed at the Trials.
Thanks for this information:

"The scorpion tattoo does resemble the same positioning on his hand as a tattoo portrayed in Boondocks Saints movie."

Interesting, a possible connection between Billy's tattoo and the Boondock Saints movie.

Other similarities are silencers, brothers, the attitude that we are the good guys getting rid of bad guys,
the tattoo, sneaking in at night, and probably much more.

I agree with you that there is much more going on with the evidence in detailed documentation we don't see.
@StrangeOne pointed out maybe witnesses are involved like Billy talking to the tattoo artist or the tattoo is discussed on the confidential reliable source recordings.

There are so many twists and turns and the pathetically slow court proceedings haven't even gotten to the substantive motions yet.

Angie not wearing street clothes, Angie's phone calls with Rita, Angie forging Rita's signature and wanting her to lie and sit for a year on house arrest, Jake complaining about snitches, Billy complaining about the courtroom acoustics and not seeing his attorneys enough in person and yet now he doesn't see them in person at all!

GW4 wanting to stay in solitary reading the Bible, Jake was violent with a victim and filed a motion to suppress this, 5 days last November there were BCI searches with divers and metal detectors all over Fred's farm and Bethel Hill Rd. where the 4 Wagners used to live, and Fred saying the H2O on her property is shallow and they won't find anything.

Fred not showing up for Angie's hearings and then right after we discuss it on here she shows up to Angie's next hearing and takes off her sunglasses and deliberately looks right into the camera as if to say she knows we were talking about her **chilly burrr** A reporter said on camera outside Jake's hearing that shell casings were found at the crime scenes and on the Wagner family's property and Jake 's attorneys filed a motion to suppress the ballistic evidence...humm...

Last edited:
Thursday, April 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing-RESCHEDULED! (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) for *Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26/now 27) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. *Pike County (Franklin County Corrections Center).
Court hearings from 11/27/18 thru 12/11/19 reference post #16 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

2/10/20 Update: Motion #47-Defendant's motion in Limine requesting a pretrial evidentiary hearing to determine the admissibility of ballistics evidence & opinions filed. Plus: Motion #48-to determine admissibility of shoe print evidence, #49-to determine admissibility of any written communications the State intends to present in its case in chief & #50-to determine admissibility of any non-testifying co-defendant statements the State intends to present. And State's response to defendants' motion for order appointing coordinating discovery attorney. Judge Randy Deering said the court will consider the motion. Next pretrial hearing on 4/8/20.
3/13/20 Update: Defense files motion for pretrial hearing continuance. Rescheduled for 4/16/20.
3/14/20: According to the Ohio Dept. of Health, Ohio's COVID 19 pandemic will peak around that time or in early May. Courts will continue to schedule things for their calendars.
4/14/20: DA files joint motion for continuance due to coronavirus. Rescheduled for 6/22 at 10am.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) – Pretrial hearing on 4/23/20.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) – Pretrial & Scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20. No update as of 4/15.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 48) – Pretrial hearing on 6/22/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Motion hearing on 12/2. No further court dates yet as of 4/15.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Thanks for this information:

"The scorpion tattoo does resemble the same positioning on his hand as a tattoo portrayed in Boondocks Saints movie."

Interesting, a possible connection between Billy's tattoo and the Boondock Saints movie.

Other similarities are silencers, brothers, the attitude that we are the good guys getting rid of bad guys,
the tattoo, sneaking in at night, and probably much more.

I agree with you that there is much more going on with the evidence in detailed documentation we don't see.
@StrangeOne pointed out maybe witnesses are involved like Billy talking to the tattoo artist or the tattoo is discussed on the confidential reliable source recordings.

There are so many twists and turns and the pathetically slow court proceedings haven't even gotten to the substantive motions yet.

Angie not wearing street clothes, Angie's phone calls with Rita, Angie forging Rita's signature and wanting her to lie and sit for a year on house arrest, Jake complaining about snitches, Billy complaining about the courtroom acoustics and not seeing his attorneys enough in person and yet now he doesn't see them in person at all!

GW4 wanting to stay in solitary reading the Bible, Jake was violent with a victim and filed a motion to suppress this, 5 days last November there were BCI searches with divers and metal detectors all over Fred's farm and Bethel Hill Rd. where the 4 Wagners used to live, and Fred saying the H2O on her property is shallow and they won't find anything.

Fred not showing up for Angie's hearings and then right after we discuss it on here she shows up to Angie's next hearing and takes off her sunglasses and deliberately looks right into the camera as if to say she knows we were talking about her **chilly burrr** A reporter said on camera outside Jake's hearing that shell casings were found at the crime scenes and on the Wagner family's property and Jake 's attorneys filed a motion to suppress the ballistic evidence...humm...

I cannot wait to see what JW's wife knows because she ran from what it looks like and see what evidence they found.

I cannot wait to see what JW's wife knows because she ran from what it looks like and see what evidence they found.
She is listed in the discovery evidence. She filed identity theft and harassment charges against Jake in Scioto County. (August 2018) Someone sent me the police report but because it's not in MSM I cannot post it.

Ohio Uniform Incident Report 8-15-18 (4pp)

Here is where she is listed in Angela's Discovery:

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/732prfjygw6tp04l/images/5-88e89a5ae9.jpg

Last edited:
She is listed in the discovery evidence. She filed identity theft and harassment charges against Jake in Scioto County. (August 2018) Someone sent me the police report but because it's not in MSM I cannot post it.

only asking for clarification can we not share legal documents that have been filed with LE?

Ohio Uniform Incident Report 8-15-18 (4pp)

Here is where she is listed in Angela's Discovery:

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/732prfjygw6tp04l/images/5-88e89a5ae9.jpg

@Berrybell your question:

only asking for clarification can we not share legal documents that have been filed with LE?

ME:

Anyone who wants the little bit of information I have on it can PM me. There are no details of what happened just basic information and the charges of harassment and identity theft. And Officer's name etc... Poor girl was homeless at that time, sad.

EW is off limits but yes we can post LE reports on the 4 Wagners. EW is a private person so we can't post about her.

Last edited:
@Berrybell your question:

ME:

Anyone who wants the little bit of information I have on it can PM me. There are no details of what happened just basic information and the charges of harassment and identity theft. And Officer's name etc... Poor girl was homeless at that time, sad.

EW is off limits but yes we can post LE reports on the 4 Wagners. EW is a private person so we can't post about her.

Thank you CC for the clarification, without seeing the report I will say that is shows to the chariter of the W4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998