GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #65

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

She will be an old woman when she gets out, most of her family probably dead and gone.

NWLady, LMDlong, Betty P and 3 others like this.

2. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate My Give A Damn's Busted

Your last sentence is what makes it a little more understandable. Hopefully Ms. Geneva, Leonard and Judy, and Hanna Gilley's mom Andy can rest a little easier knowing they did their best to get justice for their loved ones.

I firmly believe the remaining 2 will pay the price for the evil they did to these victims and their families. I pray that the little ones have angels on their shoulders to help them throughout the years. So sad!!

Edit to add:
    I apologize for the exclusion of Gary's family, I will never forget his Dad's words and the sheer pain on his face/ :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  3. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

That is a very reputable Vet that they have taken horses to previously. Not everything has to be nefarious....

rsd1200, FonescaFan, altojack and 4 others like this.
  4. Caylee Advocate

Agree 100%.

5. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

True but that might not have been the only place BW went to that day or was going to, remember one thing this is a very and I mean a very DANGEROUS MAN, JMO

altojack, FrankieT, LMDlong and 4 others like this.
  6. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

I wish George's son's mother could sue them for intimidating her into giving them custody. Evil people.

7. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

He didn't have any chance to hide in the horse trailer because LE was following him all the way from Ohio to Lexington Kentucky. On a police car video or on a police body cam video, an officer mentions seeing Billy's vehicle down the road right before they arrest him. They stopped him while the horse was still in the horse trailer.

They were outside the veterinary hospital and RW was with him, thus, this was no drug run, obviously Billy was working for FWF on a legitimate job run.

Well he may have been sure with his gloves and mask that he left no DNA behind but he did not seem to give a rat's behind that he left a bloody shoe print.

Canepa said Angie bought shoes that George and Jake do not wear so being the "mastermind" criminals they are not, they weren't worried about prints

As to George shooting Gary we know 2 different guns (likely the 30 and 40 calibers) were used at Chris's so George likely shot Gary and maybe even shot at Chris a few times. Billy had a personal beef with Chris so likely Billy shot Chris.

Jake likely shot the 3 victims at Dana's and the 2 victims at Frankie's because these 2 homes are where BCI found the 22 Walter Colt shell casings and we all know Jake was holding a 22 Walter Colt in his phone photo.

... 2 Cents ...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    rsd1200, FonescaFan, altojack and 3 others like this.
  8. Caylee Advocate

I disagree... all four of them were under surveillance and that's how they got them. They were all away from one another except Jake and G4. You can bet they searched each vehicle so had there been drugs we would know. Oh crap, I hope they checked the horses behind... I remember that conspiracy floating on here.:rolleyes:

Dudly, altojack, Bootsctr and 2 others like this.
  9. Caylee Advocate

Hey CC, off the top of your head, do you recall AC saying anything about the shoes AW bought.. something like them being (on purpose) the wrong sizes for JW and G4?

Cool Cats, altojack and KentuckyMama like this.
  10. Covert Operative

Covert Operative On Time Out

That is an interesting question that I also have wondered about.

Did he stop at the door and not go in? Did he chicken out and not shoot? Did one person use two guns, theirs jammed or they ran out of ammo? He was there in some aspect according to the proffers it seems. JW may have said G4 did not shoot anyone. (Not that it would be true because he said it)

The state may not be able to prove G4 did shoot anyone if JW said he did not. I do not think they were ever able to put a specific gun in a specific persons hand until JW's confession.

rsd1200, Dudly, JayWill and 5 others like this.
  11. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

I am wayyyy behind on thread but just wanted to say, there were several of us who felt AW was right there through it all but others who had a harder time believing it, but now we know - she was there!

almond likes this.
  12. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

Was this actually stated in court or is it your opinion? The audio was so poor that I had difficulty hearing a lot of it. TIA

altojack and Cool Cats like this.
  13. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

I'll shorten this up a bit...

Monday, Sept. 13th:
    *Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 29) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. (Det. Scheiderer: We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders. a 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table.
    Trial set to begin on 4/4/22. (3 month trial).
    Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 6/8/21 reference post #688 here:
    GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

6/16/21: Co-defendant Edward Wagner's Motion to Quash subpoenas filed by Gregory Meyers. To be quashed because the subpoenas target material protected by the attorney-work-product doctrine. 6/21/21 motion hearing will cover Motions #61-63 & #65-70.
    6/21/21 Update: Judge Randy Deering also is expected to rule on a subpoena related to medical records from Wagner’s lawyer to attorneys representing his younger brother, Edward “Jake” Wagner." A trial date of 4/4/22 @ 8:30am. Another motion hearing is scheduled for 9/13/21 @ 1:30pm. Defense for Jake filed Motion #71: Reply to Motion to quash subpoenas. GW4 defense filed Co-Defendant reply to response to his motion to quash subpoenas. State's memorandum contra defendant's motion to compel & State's motion to compel reciprocal discovery filed. State's supplemental discovery filed. 6/21/21: Journal entry granting motion to quash subpoenas filed. 6/22/21: Motion, entry & certification for appointed counsel fees filed. 7/6/21: Request for Court-pad expert expenses for Koch & Associates (private investigators) ($10,138 for 11/30/20 to 12/17/20).
    8/2/21: Motion for extension of deadline for supplemental discovery filed by attorney Robert Junk, prosecuting attorney. 8/4/21: Defendant's objection to extending the deadline for the prosecution to provide supplemental discovery filed. 8/6/21: Journal entry-Granting request for extension of deadline for supplemental discovery; after due consideration, the Court finds & concludes that the State of Ohio's Motion for Extension of deadline for Supplemental discovery is well taken & such motion is hereby granted. However, the State should not expect any additional extensions of this deadline. It is ordered that date by which the State shall furnish the defendant with a copy of the recording of the proffer that the State conducted with co-defendant Jake Wagner is hereby extended to 8/13/21. The date by which the defendant shall furnish reciprocal discovery to the State is hereby extended to 10/12/21. The court my further extend the time for provision of reciprocal discovery upon timely motion of the defendant & for good cause shown.
    8/16/21: Motion #72: To compel discovery & for sanctions (evidentiary hearing requested) via Fax by Richard Nash & John Parker. 8/16/21: Motion for extension of deadline for supplemental discovery to 9/13/21 filed by Robert Junk. 8/16/21: Objection to State's request for extension to file discovery filed via fax. 8/17/21: Motion to advance 9/13/21 pretrial hearing concerning discovery violations filed via fax by John Parker & Richard Nash. 8/18/21: Motion #72: to compel discovery & for sanctions (evidentiary hearing) filed by Richard Nash & John Parker. 8/23/21: Objection to State's request for extension to filed discovery filed (original).
    9/10/21: State's Supplement discovery filed by Angela Canepa. Warrant for removal of defendant & to appear on 9/13/21 at 12 noon for hearing on pending motions.
    *Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 28) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges. No sentencing date set as of 9/12/21.
    *George Washington Wagner III (47/now 50)Motions hearing on 9/16/21.
    *Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) – 9/10/21: Plead guilty & will testify in the trials. No update on sentencing date as of 9/12/21.
    *Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials. No update as of 9/12/21.
    *Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 79) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

NWLady, FonescaFan, Dontknow? and 3 others like this.
  14. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Stated in court by Canepa

NWLady, Fight4justice and LMDlong like this.
  15. MyTinkieGirl

MyTinkieGirl Well-Known Member

Definitely not saying anything nefarious in ANY way. Don't a lot of vets go TO the animals to do vaccinations, etc. Saving unnecessary travel and anxiety to the animals.
    I have no idea about how this is/was done with the Wagner's animals.
    Next, back in the late 70's early 80's the "reputable" vet that took care of the horses at The Meadowlands was big into selling horse tranquilizers and such.
    Again, a loooong time ago, although a lucrative service. I'm sure controlled substances are watched far more closely than back then.
    Footnote: Dude died of an overdose from said tranquilizers.

LietKynes, Cool Cats and KentuckyMama like this.
  16. Covert Operative

Covert Operative On Time Out

She was not there to my knowledge unless I missed something big said in court.

17. twall

twall Well-Known Member

@Niner thanks for the court info. I will miss GW4 hearing today as I have been selected for a jury pool this afternoon and if picked for the jury I will then miss GW3 hearing later this week as the trial is scheduled for all week. And parking is going to be a pain as there is construction going on, street blocked off next to courthouse as they are building a new annex. And I hope I don't get COVID! Haven't had it, don't want it, I am fully vaccinated but still try and keep my distance and isolate as much as possible. I will read everyone's posts and probably watch the hearing when I can.

Niner, almond, altojack and 2 others like this.
  18. twall

twall Well-Known Member

I thought she was too but have since changed my mind.

NWLady and almond like this.
  19. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

almond and Dontknow? like this.
  20. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

“…shoes that her two sons wore during the homocides were specifically of the size and style they would not typically wear…”

“Angela was also able to provide us with some additional details including information about other crimes her family has committed over the years.”

Transcript and streamed hearing has been placed in the Media and Timeline Thread for future reference: HERE

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.