GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross County is actually right next to Pike County. Perhaps too close if GW4 was talking to anyone about helping him escape. Also might have made it easier for someone not in jail and living nearby to bribe Ross County personnel to look the other way or encourage fellow inmates to help GW4 in some way. Moving him farther away makes it more difficult to pull off such stunts.

Just a theory. There are any number of scenarios. Perhaps something was overheard during one of GW4's phone conversations.

It could also just be punishment for some bad behavior by George. JMO

I think it's more likely someone wants to @#$%& rather than to want to help him escape. Probably 90% of Pike County hates him and I can't imagine it would be easy to find a jury there. Good luck with that.

I think it's more likely someone wants to @#$%& rather than to want to help him escape. Probably 90% of Pike County hates him and I can't imagine it would be easy to find a jury there. Good luck with that.

To get a hung jury, you only have to sway one juror. There are people who have the power in Pike County to try that. JMO

To get a hung jury, you only have to sway one juror. There are people who have the power in Pike County to try that. JMO

What does this mean?

There are people who have the power in Pike County to try that

There is more chance of aliens from outer space invading the Pike County Courthouse than of some big fish in a small pond trying to get a killer of 8 a hung jury. Women nursing babies, babies left in their parent's blood, people sleeping, a sixteen year old, beyond heinous. Brother and mother pled guilty - no one will help him.

Last edited:
What does this mean?

There are people who have the power in Pike County to try that

There is more chance of aliens from outer space invading the Pike County Courthouse than of some big fish in a small pond trying to get a killer of 8 a hung jury. Women nursing babies, babies left in their parent's blood, people sleeping, a sixteen year old, beyond heinous. Brother and mother pled guilty - no one will help him.

That's how hung juries happen. It only takes one juror to mess up the works. It's not unheard of and has happened before. That's why there are laws against it. Fortunately, Ohio has laws against it.

jury tampering

Ohio Revised Code

Section 2945.36 - Ohio Revised Code | Ohio Laws

The penalty in Ohio is up to 10 yrs in prison

JMO

That said, the judge may be obliged to seat a jury in Pike County first before a change of venue. IANAL, but in this case, I've always assumed they would try to seat a jury in Pike County first.

Last edited:
This has been parkers strategy from the beginning to contaminate jury pool and stoke conspiracy smoke and mirrors. He knows his client is guilty, imo g4s walked him thru the entire night including the ppl he had a hand in murdering first hand. G4s lawyer is a criminal lawyer not a criminal defense lawyer
He's banking on a qanon type infiltration into the jury. The wagner supporters are out there a disgusting unfortunate truth. A hung jury will get g4 the deals he's been wanting since this Yost has made it clear where the ag stands making q retrial unlikely
Speaking of yost he recently claimed victory in angela and jakes deal, and couldn't even get the rhoden family's name right! Imo he refused to even meet w family before the deals when ag pulled out
A real winner

Agree, Yost's comments to the news media were offensive. When he took office, he was quick to throw the court, the prosecutors, Ohio BCI and the victims' families under the bus just so he could get the cost of the trials off his books. JMO, he did more harm than good.

It's highly unusual for a prosecutor, let alone an AG, to do that. JMO Similar things happen in cases followed here at Websleuths. I can think of at least one, maybe more, cold cases that were not prosecuted because local prosecutors didn't want the expense of a trial. In one case, the alleged killer later committed suicide, but questions remain.

MI - MI - Richard 42, & Shirley Robison 40, & 4 children, Good Hart, 25 Jun 1968

The defense team's strategy is likely as you say - stirring up some crazy conspiracy theory stuff in hopes that a juror will become susceptible to believe it. Mistrial or hung jury is their goal, as it is for most criminal defense attorneys.

While Jake and Angela have walked the prosecution through all the events related to the murders, JMO, it's possible that GW4's attorneys have not asked George many questions nor sought much detail from him. Not knowing a lot allows them to be more creative in proposing alternate scenarios/ red herrings. JMO

When is it okay for a lawyer to lie?

I can well imagine the probability of 90% of Pike County hating him. Well JMO that could be why he has been moved. Further away from Pike, further away to relative safety, unless inmates in Montgomery already know of him and his crimes. Good luck to you there George. Don't drop your soap in the shower. Sorry.
I don't think he will be any safer there somehow, News travels fast and even though George claims he is innocent inmates won't necessarily fall for his bleatings. One day, oh dear, something could befall that swine in Montgomery. Just desserts etc blah, blah and blah.

Oh dear I feel a wicked grin coming on.

Interesting. His court docket records still show him as being at Ross County Jail. How did you learn about him moving? Just curious.

Don't tell me he hasn't gone already! He has to go, I've got visions in my head, awaiting him. He has to go.
Maybe the paperwork to say he has gone is just late getting filed.

Don't tell me he hasn't gone already! He has to go, I've got visions in my head, awaiting him. He has to go.

He is for sure at Montgomery. He is out of the Ross jail system and entered into the Montgomery system. That new mugshot is when they booked him into Montgomery after his court hearing on December 22nd.

Why move him unless it is for security reasons? I had thought it could have to do with his trial but they will probably try to seat a jury in Pike County first. I had forgotten that is what Angie's attorneys had planned to do, try to seat a PC jury then move hers if they couldn't seat a PC jury.

Pike County murders: Mother’s attorney asks court for new venue, to drop death penalty

Probably a delay in paperwork catching up. They have him listed on the jail roster at Montgomery County. He's not on the list now at Ross County jail roster.

ETA: I know someone who worked for a non-profit helping political prisoners and non-violent Americans jailed for peaceful protests, etc. They said its common to move prisoners without notifying anyone - attorney, family, friends, etc. Sometimes it can be weeks or even months before anyone finds out where the prisoner is or how to contact them. Sometimes they put them on buses and just keep them moving from prison to prison. It's strange. That occurs more in the federal prison system. Ohio probably only moves them when needed, but they may not give much advance notice to anyone, prisoner or otherwise.

Last edited:
I can well imagine the probability of 90% of Pike County hating him. Well JMO that could be why he has been moved. Further away from Pike, further away to relative safety, unless inmates in Montgomery already know of him and his crimes. Good luck to you there George. Don't drop your soap in the shower. Sorry.
I don't think he will be any safer there somehow, News travels fast and even though George claims he is innocent inmates won't necessarily fall for his bleatings. One day, oh dear, something could befall that swine in Montgomery. Just desserts etc blah, blah and blah.

Oh dear I feel a wicked grin coming on.

His fate was sealed in my opinion when he lost his recent Motion to have the 8 murders and DP Specifications taken off the table.

Now he will be tried on 8 murder charges with DP Specifications. A DP jury will have to be found.

The prosecution has hinted that they can get him on the 8 murder charges.

Being convicted on any murder charges guarantees him a LWOP sentence, we can see that with Jake's 8 life sentences.

Will he get scared and try for a chance at parole plea deal? Or roll the dice at trial hoping for an even better chance at parole?

Hummm....

He is for sure at Montgomery. He is out of the Ross jail system and entered into the Montgomery system. That new mugshot is when they booked him into Montgomery after his court hearing on December 22nd.

Why move him unless it is for security reasons? I had thought it could have to do with his trial but they will probably try to seat a jury in Pike County first. I had forgotten that is what Angie's attorneys had planned to do, try to seat a PC jury then move hers if they couldn't seat a PC jury.

Pike County murders: Mother’s attorney asks court for new venue, to drop death penalty

IMO it's for Security reasons but he may not find he gets the security he needs. Unless of course he's in isolation.

IMO it's for Security reasons but he may not find he gets the security he needs. Unless of course he's in isolation.

He actually did ask for isolation. Asked for solitary to be able to do what he wants and to read his Bible. Even if he changed his mind they will put him in solitary if they think it is necessary for security. Sheriff runs the show.

Probably a delay in paperwork catching up. They have him listed on the jail roster at Montgomery County. He's not on the list now at Ross County jail roster.

ETA: I know someone who worked for a non-profit helping political prisoners and non-violent Americans jailed for peaceful protests, etc. They said its common to move prisoners without notifying anyone - attorney, family, friends, etc. Sometimes it can be weeks or even months before anyone finds out where the prisoner is or how to contact them. Sometimes they put them on buses and just keep them moving from prison to prison. It's strange. That occurs more in the federal prison system. Ohio probably only moves them when needed, but they may not give much advance notice to anyone, prisoner or otherwise.

Wow, prisoners here don't seem to get moved from prison to prison, keep them on the move. Yeah, some get moved but that's usually months later, sometimes years into their sentence.
Not 100% sure tbh what our current situation in jails and prisons is. They are overfilled, party due to more crime cases and partly down to criminals coming into UK by boat or dinghy and committing crimes here. A better system needs to be in place.

Yes, he asked for that in Ross didn't he.

Yup. Did you see this?

‘We’ll make the best out of what we got;’ Sheriff highlights issues after new jail plan postponed

The Montgomery jail is so bad they probably will have to put him in a secured
segregation unit.

“The way this jail is designed, its not designed for our current inmate population. We do not have the ability to have direct supervision in most of our housing locations,” Sheriff Streck said.

Agree, Yost's comments to the news media were offensive. When he took office, he was quick to throw the court, the prosecutors, Ohio BCI and the victims' families under the bus just so he could get the cost of the trials off his books. JMO, he did more harm than good.

It's highly unusual for a prosecutor, let alone an AG, to do that. JMO Similar things happen in cases followed here at Websleuths. I can think of at least one, maybe more, cold cases that were not prosecuted because local prosecutors didn't want the expense of a trial. In one case, the alleged killer later committed suicide, but questions remain.

MI - MI - Richard 42, & Shirley Robison 40, & 4 children, Good Hart, 25 Jun 1968

The defense team's strategy is likely as you say - stirring up some crazy conspiracy theory stuff in hopes that a juror will become susceptible to believe it. Mistrial or hung jury is their goal, as it is for most criminal defense attorneys.

While Jake and Angela have walked the prosecution through all the events related to the murders, JMO, it's possible that GW4's attorneys have not asked George many questions nor sought much detail from him. Not knowing a lot allows them to be more creative in proposing alternate scenarios/ red herrings. JMO

When is it okay for a lawyer to lie?
Yes that's a very good point Betty and one I always struggle with- that plausible deniability. On one hand knowing everything allows you to never be surprised, but it also undermines your attorney client privilege IF EXPOSED. That's the key because some lawyers will stick to the "everyone deserves a competent defense" as a way of rationalizing assisting a killer. Don't ask don't tell type. What really makes this case so enfuriating is the Ohio death penalty law. In my home state g4 would have two options public pretender or pay for primo lawyer. This Ohio system sets up a situation where the criminal and defense attorney are in a symbiotic relationship. The more time parker spends on case the more money he makes. All of that time comes free to g4 tho he's also benefitting from the dp lawyer. Don't get me wrong they all deserve to die, but in reality even if they get the dp it's unlikely to be carried out. At the same time how could you arrest someone for 8 aggravated murders and not seek dp? It's a catch 22.
I just feel so badly for the whole family. Torn apart in the media especially Bobbi jo and James. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member