OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

It has been pointed out many times that the W4 worked as an insular unit. I can only image what the other 3 might have earlier done in order for G4 to gain sole custody of his son.

G4 owed them...........

 Intersting to say that George owed them. They were supportive - in their evil way - of George getting custody, and then obviously George was joining in with the family to get Jake custody.

Here is what the other 3 did to help George get custody and to get Tabitha out of the picture:

From Other Acts Evidence
I would be willing to bet there is more that will come out in trial.

I would be willing to bet there is more that will come out in trial.

Yup. Most likely Tabitha will be called as a witness and that will bring out more details of how George and his family intimidated her into giving up custody. And how they kept her away etc...

Also, apparently Jake's ex is sopose to testify. The defense wanted her address to see if they could talk to her and people who know her. Was that in a Motion? Maybe someone on here can remember.

From Docket:

If the evidence that will be presented at trial relating to Tabitha Claytor is as indicated by the State's Notice and by the Special Prosecuting Attorney's argument, the Court finds that such evidence would also be relevant to show an association-in-fact between the Defendant, and his brother Edward Jacob Wagner, his mother and his father to achieve a common objective, and to show the Defendant's motive in joining the alleged conspiracy and alleged criminal enterprise.

With respect to the five numbered paragraphs shown in the State's Notice filed on February 22, 2021 as relating to Elizabeth Wagner, the Court finds that, if the evidence that will be presented at trial is as indicated by the State's Notice and by the argument of the Special Prosecuting Attorney, such evidence would be relevant to prove the existence of a conspiracy involving the Defendant, his brother, Edward Jacob Wagner, and the Defendant's mother and father and to show the Defendant's motive in joining the alleged conspiracy and alleged criminal enterprise.

Last edited:
Yup. Most likely Tabitha will be called as a witness and that will bring out more details of how George and his family intimidated her into giving up custody. And how they kept her away etc...

Also, apparently Jake's ex is sopose to testify. The defense wanted her address to see if they could talk to her and people who know her. Was that in a Motion? Maybe someone on here can remember.

From Docket:

If the evidence that will be presented at trial relating to Tabitha Claytor is as indicated by the State's Notice and by the Special Prosecuting Attorney's argument, the Court finds that such evidence would also be relevant to show an association-in-fact between the Defendant, and his brother Edward Jacob Wagner, his mother and his father to achieve a common objective, and to show the Defendant's motive in joining the alleged conspiracy and alleged criminal enterprise.

With respect to the five numbered paragraphs shown in the State's Notice filed on February 22, 2021 as relating to Elizabeth Wagner, the Court finds that, if the evidence that will be presented at trial is as indicated by the State's Notice and by the argument of the Special Prosecuting Attorney, such evidence would be relevant to prove the existence of a conspiracy involving the Defendant, his brother, Edward Jacob Wagner, and the Defendant's mother and father and to show the Defendant's motive in joining the alleged conspiracy and alleged criminal enterprise.
How in the world did JW's new wife get away from them? That poor girl had to be terrified!

How in the world did JW's new wife get away from them? That poor girl had to be terrified!
It's listed in Discovery she filed a police report against Jake in August 2018 and was listed as homeless so I believe this is when she left him. In a court hearing it was stated that the family voted her out but I believe by that time she wanted out. Then it was stated in court that she tried to have her social security number changed because she was so afraid of the Wagners.

05/02/2022 01:00 PMMOTION HEARING
So the defense complained in the hearing that many prosecution witnesses do not have addresses.

So they don't want to reveal information about Elizabeth Wagner, Jake's EX because she was running for her life and had to get a new identity due to possible retaliation and she tried to or was able to get a new social security number.

Prosecution lays out 'other bad acts' by …

Another of George's exes fled the state and has tried to get her Social Security number changed because of her fear of the Wagner family.

Quote:

It has been pointed out many times that the W4 worked as an insular unit. I can only image what the other 3 might have earlier done in order for G4 to gain sole custody of his son.

G4 owed them...........

 Intersting to say that George owed them. They were supportive - in their evil way - of George getting custody, and then obviously George was joining in with the family to get Jake custody.

Here is what the other 3 did to help George get custody and to get Tabitha out of the picture:

From Other Acts Evidence
I wonder if any of the papers filed in custody of G4 child, were forged? Maybe a lot were fake, made to make her think she signed them.
Just a question, that I hope gets answered.

I wonder if any of the papers filed in custody of G4 child, were forged? Maybe a lot were fake, made to make her think she signed them.
Just a question, that I hope gets answered.

According to Canepa in the Bond Hearing, the Wagners had an attorney and George's wife did not. The attorney wouldn't draw up fake papers but she was very much pressured - according to Canepa - into signing them and may not have completely understood everything she was signing.

I bet they ganged up on her and didn't give her time to think about it, did it quick, taking advantage of her not having an attorney and making all kinds of false promises about her having lots of visitation. Stuff like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if they even told her it was all temporary and eventually they would have joint custody.

Point is, I believe they lied to her and we will hear about it when she testifies in court at the trial.

She is happily remarried and applied for custody. When she tried to get more visitation in October 2018, George demanded she get a psychiatric evaluation. What irony, the murderer asking her for a mental evaluation.

Last edited:
you know wha =t is weird. when the wagners cell pings were checked the murder night was only time all 4 phones were together in house. how does this jive with insular cult action? i know and and bw could have been seperated, but zero recent times is confusing,,,

It's listed in Discovery she filed a police report against Jake in August 2018 and was listed as homeless so I believe this is when she left him. In a court hearing it was stated that the family voted her out but I believe by that time she wanted out. Then it was stated in court that she tried to have her social security number changed because she was so afraid of the Wagners.

So the defense complained in the hearing that many prosecution witnesses do not have addresses.

So they don't want to reveal information about Elizabeth Wagner, Jake's EX because she was running for her life and had to get a new identity due to possible retaliation and she tried to or was able to get a new social security number.

Another of George's exes fled the state and has tried to get her Social Security number changed because of her fear of the Wagner family.

I wonder who they are meaning when they reported "Another of George's exes" or did they mean Jake's ex? I don't think George ever had another ex, and if he did it's news to me. TIA. :confused:

Friday, August 12th:
*Jury - Individual Voir Dire continues (Day 5) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 30) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table if his testimony is truthful.
Trial set to begin on 8/29/22 (maybe!) with general voir dire for the jury, opening statements, evidence, etc. (Trial is scheduled for 30 days).
8/8/22
through 8/12/22 - each day beginning at 9am - individual voir dire. (6 “death qualified” jurors selected).
8/15/22 through 8/19/22 - each day beginning at 9am - individual voir dire.
8/29/22 at 9am –(maybe!) beginning of trial, including general voir dire for the jury, opening statements, evidence & so forth. The jury trial is scheduled for 30 days.

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 7/27/22 including Jury Questionnaires (Day 1-3) 7/5 thru 7/7/22 & Jury Questionnaire Completion (Day 1-3) 7/12 to 7/14/22 & 8/1/22 to 8/5/22 & Jury Voir Dire (Day 1-2) 8/8 & 8/9/22 reference post #764 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-69.623311/page-39

8/10/22 Wednesday, Jury Voir Dire Day 3: 14 potential jurors a day will come to court. No info on what happened. Jury voir dire continues on 8/11/22.
8/11/22 Thursday, Jury Voir Dire Day 4: No info available. Jury voir dire continues on 8/12/22.

*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 51)Last pretrial hearing on 2/1/22.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 29) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges & will be sentenced to 8 consecutive life terms without the possibility of parole & will testify in the trials.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 51) – 9/10/21: Plead guilty to a plea deal to Counts 9 thru 22, Counts 1-8 were dismissed. Will be sentenced to 30 years in prison with no early release & has to testify against others at trial.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 69) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 80) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Thank you Cool Cats!

I wonder who they are meaning when they reported "Another of George's exes" or did they mean Jake's ex? I don't think George ever had another ex, and if he did it's news to me. TIA. :confused:
That's a mistake, they mean Jake's EX. I didn't even notice that mistake until you pointed it out but this was said in the hearing that Elizabeth fled and tried to change her identity and SS number. By this time she would have suspected what the Wagners had done to the Rhodens and learned some about how they treated George's EX. On top of that she might be the female witness mentioned in the Bond hearing who over heard the threats the Wagner's were making towards LE.

She was afraid of retaliation from them, I think it was said they saw her as a threat so they voted her out. This was before they were arrested, no wonder she wad scared of them.

She may still be hiding because George and Billy haven't had their trials yet, or maybe she is afraid the Wagners would have someone go after her. For some reason she seems to be staying hidden.

Last edited:
you know wha =t is weird. when the wagners cell pings were checked the murder night was only time all 4 phones were together in house. how does this jive with insular cult action? i know and and bw could have been seperated, but zero recent times is confusing,,,
First time in 2016 it was said. During the time Billy wasn't living with them. He was taking care of his dad at FWF.

I guess no news on how many potential jurors have been picked?

I have 6 death qualified from a couple of days ago.

TIA! :)
They need way more than 6.

I was expecting to hear something by now. I'm anxious for them to get a Pike County jury seated. I am waiting for them to say they do have enough qualified jurors to pick from.

Certainly we all want the trial in Pike County.

Last edited:
They need way more than 6.

I was expecting to hear something by now. I'm anxious for them to get a Pike County jury seated. I am waiting for them to say they do have enough qualified jurors to pick from.

Certainly we all want the trial in Pike County.

I guess there are no reporters attending this - otherwise I would think we would hear at least "something" about what is going on - at least how many qualified jurors there may be.

That's a mistake, they mean Jake's EX. I didn't even notice that mistake until you pointed it out but this was said in the hearing that Elizabeth fled and tried to change her identity and SS number. By this time she would have suspected what the Wagners had done to the Rhodens and learned some about how they treated George's EX. On top of that she might be the female witness mentioned in the Bond hearing who over heard the threats the Wagner's were making towards LE.

She was afraid of retaliation from them, I think it was said they saw her as a threat so they voted her out. This was before they were arrested, no wonder she wad scared of them.

She may still be hiding because George and Billy haven't had their trials yet, or maybe she is afraid the Wagners would have someone go after her. For some reason she seems to be staying hidden.
I do not believe she is hidden. She did not change her identity. She is fairly easy to find on a social/entertainment platform and is on there fairly often. It is also fairly easy to find where she got her divorce in Nov 2021. If the defense cannot find her they need some new investigators, I do not believe them. I do believe she is scared of that family though after what she probably went through and knows what they are capable of.
I believe she fled around beginning of July. I think the grand jury was in July, not sure of exact date. Her testifying or going to testify could have just added more problems for her with them.

Last edited:
I am anxious to know this too.
It’s my best guess is they may have a pool of less than 70 potential jurors to choose from.
They are trying to get to 40-60 in these two weeks. Canepa has said in a hearing they needed that many to get to the next phase, which is this phase. Supposedly they had 230 to start from Monday. Hopefully we will get some updates next week about how many they have seated in the two weeks.
Regular jury selection start on August 29th. They consider jury selection part of the trial, so I wonder when the trial part will start with opening statements, witnesses, etc. Seems like it will take at least a week to seat the 12 and alternates.

Yeppers! She isn't too hidden though, and I doubt anyone is after her. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo