OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed the memo. I thought this was a murder trial about child custody, as all the evidence supports to-date.

I didnt realize the murders were about a grow ops, especially with cartel involvement. Im pretty sure there was a much larger ops in Peebles that was raided after the murders. No cartel involved there.

I understand therories but shouldnt therories be supported by known facts?

I'll out any victim blame. The Rs worked their butts off doing hard physical labor. They werent making a killing on a few MJ plants.

I know i have a public edcuation from southern ohio and decades in the u.s. military, do i dont get wrapped up in conspiracy stuff without evidence to support. Sometimes the truth is as simple as it appears. In this case, a family feud over child custody. It is that simple. IMO

I am not watching this trial, but the trials I have watched, I see that judges allow the defense to put up all kinds of spurious defenses, which have no evidence to support them. Think of Casey Anthony. say no more: there was not one iota of evidence to support
the theory Baez put forth: it worked for him: she was acquitted. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it really is up to the judge to decide to allow such defense or not.

REFRESHER ON THE COURTS RESPONSE TO MOTION FOR MEDIA ACCESS AND SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF MOTION DATED 9/9/22:

COVERAGE OF WITNESSES:

The Court's denial of permitting Media to record witnesses that have "opted out" of being video recorded or photographed, and specifically permit the recording of testimony by defendants AW and JW [presumably, even if they object], denial by the Court was a matter of law pursuant to Sup R. 12(C):

Ohio Supreme Court R. 12(C) is clear that the Court may not permit the filming, videoing, recording, or making of photographs of any victim or witness who objects.

In further clarification, the Ohio Supreme Court stated "It seems clear that a defendant is a "witness" when he is testifying."

The Court further provided that a gag order was never issued here nor is this a case in which proceedings were closed to the media. The Court has reserved a section inside the courtroom for MEDIA ONLY to facilitate media informing the public.

From the decison:

1663180152724.png

Hello all sluethers. First time posting here. I've been following this case and Webslueths since the Wagner arrests and must say your comments and insight on these evil crimes has been impressive...I have a couple of questions maybe you can help with: On opening statements, what was the sequence of events presented as to what unfolded at CRSR's? After CRsr. was shot from outside through the door, did BW then enter in ALONE and continue to shoot CRsr? If so, was he able to overcome GR as well, at the same time, while being in the trailer alone?...Also, did GW4's attorneys change defense strategy? At the earlier motion hearings they claimed "George shot and killed no one" but didn't deny he was there. In opening statements, his attorney stated not only was he not there but he knew nothing of this? Did I hear this wrong?..hopefully one of you can help clarify. Thank You
Welcome!!
Sorry, I am not the best one to answer these questions.

Court taking a 15 minute break.

Most of testimony was about the officer responding to Dana's home, how he found all the bodies; getting the baby out, identifying photos of each victim's body; where did he park; how did he enter the house; etc.

It was Prosecutor Junk interviewing the witness. The only controversy came up in arguments with officer and defense about whether Dana's house was in Scioto County or Pike.

MO
There has to be a reason for LE opting out.
It could be a different reason for each LE, but there has to be a reason.
MO
If Jake can be believed...this is a huge IF.....Billy did not enter the crime scenes at Frankie's or Dana's. There may be access to television in jail. If the testimony of certain law enforcement contains evidence unknown to Billy, that would be a reason to opt out of being videoed or audio. that would be to prevent Billy basing his story on what he heard in trial.

JMO

If Jake can be believed...this is a huge IF.....Billy did not enter the crime scenes at Frankie's or Dana's. There may be access to television in jail. If the testimony of certain law enforcement contains evidence unknown to Billy, that would be a reason to opt out of being videoed or audio. that would be to prevent Billy basing his story on what he heard in trial.

JMO
all 4 defendants will have had the same discovery, and this would include all the police reports and statements, so there will be nothing testified to in this trial that BW attorneys don't know

JMO
I thought I heard AC say in openings JW opened the door at FR and both BW and GW went inside,

Court taking a 15 minute break.

Most of testimony was about the officer responding to Dana's home, how he found all the bodies; getting the baby out, identifying photos of each victim's body; where did he park; how did he enter the house; etc.

It was Prosecutor Junk interviewing the witness. The only controversy came up in arguments with officer and defense about whether Dana's house was in Scioto County or Pike.
I think Rob Junk is doing a much better job in questioning that AC. She was all over the place. Junk is keeping it on point. He is precise, keeps his questions short and to the point. IMO he has much more trial experience than AC does. The way she is conducting the trail it seems like it is her first trial. All that fumbling and bumbling. refreshing to see Junk precise and on point.

JMO

I have never encountered this situation where witnesses are allowed to opt out of tv coverage. But I don't think there is anything illegal about it. I don't know what Ohio's laws are on this however. The witnesses are still testifying in open court, just not on TV. And I don't know that the Defense has objected have they?
Yes, both the defense and prosecution objected. From GW4's docket on 9/9/22:

"The Court further finds that both the State of Ohio and the Defendant request that the movants' motion be denied."

https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/e...fFcSXOBC6X3OFaWsALEHFgH3Y9otaVBm4WuLyCVK-D4vg

I think Rob Junk is doing a much better job in questioning that AC. She was all over the place. Junk is keeping it on point. He is precise, keeps his questions short and to the point. IMO he has much more trial experience than AC does. The way she is conducting the trail it seems like it is her first trial. All that fumbling and bumbling. refreshing to see Junk precise and on point.

JMO

I noted Rob Junk was intent on allowing the pacifier be noted.

I thought I heard AC say in openings JW opened the door at FR and both BW and GW went inside,
If she said George entered Frankie's trailer this is going to blow the states case out of the water. Right now the only real evidence (forensic) is that bloody shoe print at Dana's. How did he leave a bloody shoe print at Dana's and not Frankie's, since according to AC Dana's was the last place they went that night?

JMO

I noted Rob Junk was intent on allowing the pacifier be noted.
He was determined wasn't he? When defense objected he told the judge exactly what he wanted the jury to notice. Very on point. Why didn't they allow him to do opening? I don't know about everyone else but I was raised to believe your first impression you made on another person was your best and it set the tone for any thing else that followed in relation to that person. AC made a terrible impression on me and I am wondering how many, if any, of the jury feels the way I do? If so the state may be in trouble as far as convicting George.

JMO

9/14/22

UPDATE: A total of six witnesses will have testified in the Pike County massacre trial Wednesday but several declined to have their testimony recorded.

Lt. Adam Ball with the Pike County Sheriff’s Office and Deputy Morgan Music, who was with the department at the time of the murders, both opted out.

Current Pike County Sheriff Tracy Evans took the stand after the lunch break and opted out.

Pike County Emergency Management Director Timothy Dickerson took the stand after Sheriff Evans and agreed to have his testimony recorded.

Piketon police officer Gary Mosley has agreed to an audio-only recording and the final witness of the day, EMT Miranda Cagle, will have both video and audio of her testimony recorded.

Pike County Common Pleas Court Judge Randy Deering is allowing all witnesses to decide just before they testify whether they want it to be filmed. Most of them are opting out so far.

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio (WXIX) - More witnesses for the prosecution will take the stand Wednesday as the trial continues in the 2016 Pike County massacre.

George Wagner IV faces several charges including eight for aggravated murder in the execution-style shooting deaths of eight members of the Rhoden family.

I need to see more evidence that George was even at the crime scenes. Or that he even knew what was going down that night. They have a witness to him going with Jake and Angie to buy a truck. Big Whoop!!!. No crime there. I went with my GS to buy one.

Please keep in mind this trial is for George only. They are not trying all 4 W's. So whatever evidence they have against Jake or Angie does not automatically transfer to George.

So far the only evidence they have against George is Jake and Angie's statements. No wonder the defense got up on day one and asked what this all had to do with his client George.

While AC may have sucked Jake and Angie's story down with a straw I don't believe a word they say. Besides much of what AC outlined yesterday is hearsay from Jake and Angie, ESPECIALLY Angie who Jake claims was at home asleep. Even that doesn't sound plausible. Supposedly she sent her husband and two sons out to murder 8 people in 4 homes where in any one of those homes and indeed in Chris Sr's he was awake and could have gotten to a gun and killed all three of them and she goes to bed and SLEEPS. I call BS on that one.

I need evidence. Not hearsay and a story unsupported by evidence from Jake.

Bring on the evidence AC!!!!!

My opinion is Jake killed them all by himself. No stretch there. Get the drop on Chris Sr with the .40 cal, shoot Gary, no time to reload the .40 so go next door to Frankies and crawl through a window and kill them both in their sleep with the .22, run over to Kenny's while he is asleep and kill him with the reloaded .40, then back to Dana's and kill them all in their sleep with the reloaded .22.

Entirely possible to do. A guy in Canada killed 10 people and injured 19 others with a KINIFE.

Angie may have been the only one Jake told what he was going to do. This is looking like a jealous rage when Hannah refused to put his name on KR's birth certificate and move to Alaska with him.

Sorry guys. AC is not doing it for me.

JMO

JMO
It's early in a trial that will go for weeks. The prosecution has two witnesses to all 4 Wagners being involved. But before witnesses against George IV can be brought on, the jury needs to know what happened: who was killed, how , when, and where they were killed. It's a complex story and the assumption must be that the only things the jury can consider are those things brought out in court. So the prosecution has to lay out the crime, the autopsy stuff, etc. before we get to the specifics of what George did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22