OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

I think it's because we can't see it. All we can do is visualize the "sophisticated" grow op. What is considered a sophisticated grow op to Dewine, might be considered old school, to another person. Based on the way he said it at the news conference, it will likely come up, at the trial.

Chelly, superbee, 8paws and 7 others like this.

2. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

These days they could make a 3D scan of the inside of those homes and it would look just like the real thing. Maybe it will come out as to why it was necessary to keep them in storage.

3. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I know what you mean by, "...that's how they're raised." Frankie could raise them... but that doesn't mean he, himself, fought them. That's all I really was saying... raising them was all out in the open and no reliable source is available to prove he fought them. Even chickens will fight fiercely and kill each other's chicks and nobody raises them to fight.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    almond, Bootsctr, Betty P and 3 others like this.
  4. MittenScarpetta

MittenScarpetta Well-Known Member

I am very curious to see how sophisticated these grow ops were. KR, to my knowledge, didn’t even have running water or power, so it will be interesting to see the creativity used for such sophistication, especially over on LFR.

5. rsd1200

Oh yeah, I remember them, nice grow!

almond, Bootsctr, altojack and 2 others like this.
  6. MittenScarpetta

I believe BCI did use the Crime 360 equipment. One can see the BCI agents in aerial photos with the equipment set up.

IMO, the homes were taken to keep people away. Trespassers, looters, suspects returning to the crime scene to light them in fire...the possibilities of what could have happened to those homes in the rural backcountry of Pike County is endless.

7. rsd1200

That's what I was mostly responding to. They were most likely males. They are housed that way because they are aggressive. It's not against the law to own them. They have to catch you fighting them. As of a couple weeks ago, still on FR's FB, there's links to a video of a cock fight, and an overseas shipper of nutrients and such, to bulk up your roosters.

almond, Bootsctr, altojack and 5 others like this.
  8. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Now THAT was a commercial grow operation...lol

9. MittenScarpetta

Are you saying you don’t respect the Rhodens because 2 of the adult male victims had grow operations on their property? I’m genuinely confused by your statement.

10. rsd1200

That it was! Very impressive! I felt sorta bad for them. It took a lot of work gettin' that all set up! They got greedy though. :rolleyes:

almond, Bootsctr, altojack and 5 others like this.
  11. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I suppose any home grown greenery could have mold spores. I am not sure that the mold spores would be any worse for you than the chemicals sprayed to prevent plant disease and insects would be.

almond, Bootsctr, altojack and 4 others like this.
  12. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I've seen Amish people with Game Cocks for sale and/or trade at animal swap meets. Right along side other fancy chickens, pheasants, peacocks, pigeons, quail, and what ever else they sell for extra income. I used to go to the swap meet at Lucasville, Ohio, just north of Portsmouth. A friend of mine still had spaces paid for there last year yet...

almond, altojack, Bootsctr and 5 others like this.
  13. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

If I recall correctly no one was allowed anywhere close to the trailers. Then the roads were blocked off so no one could even see the crime scenes. Nothing they found was observed in evidence bags or out. Except when the cars and trailers were hauled off.

almond, Bootsctr, Subiechik21 and 4 others like this.
  14. Charliegizmo49

NOT AN ICE CUBES CHANCE IN HELL.

15. pepper 34

I don't necessarily like legal or respect people and companies who have regulations they must meet in order to promote safety and bring money into communities. Some of those legal businesses wouldn't know what regulations were if they tripped over them. The irony and hypocrisy of what is legal and what isn't legal, is rich.

Below is a legal business that brings millions... billions of dollars into communities...

Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia.
    Harms of Cigarette Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting

Anizeta, almond, Bootsctr and 2 others like this.
  16. rsd1200

I'd not have those links in my FB, if I were raising them to show, or for pets, or to eat (my grandparents ate them), or even if I did raise them to fight. It's okay if we disagree. It's still pretty prevalent though. I can't say that FR even fought them. He may have raised them only to sell. It's the links in FR's FB that kinda lead me that they were meant to fight, not the fact that he owned them.

Chelly, almond, altojack and 3 others like this.
  17. Charliegizmo49

M
    I think they took the Mexican Cartel theory seriously for most of 10 minutes. As soon as Babies and dogs survived.

18. pepper 34

But, I never heard 200 plants officially. I don't know where "200 plants" came from, do you? The seedlings was explained to me and made sense. But, I have no idea how anyone "guessed" 200 plants and then it being reduced down to just personal use. I have not stated either of those things. Seedlings or baby plants.. yes, I've said that.

19. pepper 34

20. rsd1200

I think they said that none of the roosters had shown signs of being fought. Most rarely come back home when they come from a fight. Winner or loser. At least that's the understanding I have of it. There's folks around here that just sells the birds, and makes money. They are fighting stock. Sometimes folks go to the fights to off load drugs, gamble, mix and make deals. Like any other thing that's illegal, other illegal activities cling to its' shirttail. Just a short time back, our current gov. did a stump speech at a cock fight! So, ya'll might see it one way, but the Rs may not yet see it your way. I dunno why folks want to scrub away this family's history. It's sad.

Nickandnora, Hapworth, 8paws and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.