OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the scar on GWIII and I looked hard too. I did notice that he seems hard of hearing, as others noted, on both sides. He seems young for that, and it makes me wonder if he's been hard of hearing all his life. It would impact his ability to be educated and could help explain his insecurity and maybe his aggressive appearance.
JULIA966 Yes, a "strained and questioning look" can give the confusing appearance of aggression...tilting one's head to the side might come across as "doubting." In our schools, for decades now, students are tested for hearing and vision. At, what age can a child (age 12) legally drop out of school without the parents getting into "truancy/absence" issues? I ask this out of great concern, since his attorney first broached the subject of a "lack of formal education beyond 7th grade." And, I believe this was "first step" in truly separating BGIII from the rest of the pack. Attorneys for AW, JW and GWIV never broached the subject of a lack of educational/deficits for them, huh? (setting the stage for "follower" vs "instigator"?)
ps Everyone can be helped with adult literacy classes... it is never too late, IMO.

Yup, to pepper 34 and IQuestion. If he has always been hard of hearing, and instead of getting help, he got harassment, it might cause him see the world through an angry lens if every encounter is difficult. Of course, I have no idea, but it occurred to me while I was watching him.

Not that I care a whit about it if he committed these crimes. But it might explain how he sees the world and sees himself.

Yup, to pepper 34 and IQuestion. If he has always been hard of hearing, and instead of getting help, he got harassment, it might cause him see the world through an angry lens if every encounter is difficult. Of course, I have no idea, but it occurred to me while I was watching him.

Not that I care a whit about it if he committed these crimes. But it might explain how he sees the world and sees himself.

Completely true... there are no excuses to be made. In order to grow emotionally, you can't turn around and victimize others because you've been hurt by others. If you do... "the bully" is born.

I didn't see the scar on GWIII and I looked hard too. I did notice that he seems hard of hearing, as others noted, on both sides. He seems young for that, and it makes me wonder if he's been hard of hearing all his life. It would impact his ability to be educated and could help explain his insecurity and maybe his aggressive appearance.

I also noticed his speech, in Ky and Oh, vids. He could have a thick accent though. The Ky court hearing, it sounds like he's stating, when asked if he is GW3, "Yeah, I guess I am". He's very possibly agreeing, and saying; Yes, I am.

Been thinking on RW, and I believe that khakis and a modest blouse, hair pulled back, minimal jewelry, and no makeup, is the normal style for her.

In FW's photo below, she appears to wear no makeup, or jewelry, but does appear to be wearing an old-fashioned looking, knitted, snood. I've normally only seen them, around here, on older church ladies.

AW never wore a lot of makeup, showy clothing, or jewelry (not that I can recall, from her FB days, anyway).

Attachments

• Grandmothers WnN.jpg
    Grandmothers WnN.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 59
Defense attorneys

JAKE: MEYERS, GREGORY W. and Public defender MOONEY, WILLIAM J

YOUNG GEORGE: KNIGHT, CHARLES H. and NASH, JR, RICHARD M

ANGELA: HUNT, MARK M. and KRAPENC, ROBERT F

OLD BILLY: COLLINS, MARK C. and HAYES, THOMAS F

PROSECUTION: JUNK, ROBERT and CANEPA, ANGIE

I also noticed his speech, in Ky and Oh, vids. He could have a thick accent though. The Ky court hearing, it sounds like he's stating, when asked if he is GW3, "Yeah, I guess I am". He's very possibly agreeing, and saying; Yes, I am.

Been thinking on RW, and I believe that khakis and a modest blouse, hair pulled back, minimal jewelry, and no makeup, is the normal style for her.

In FW's photo below, she appears to wear no makeup, or jewelry, but does appear to be wearing an old-fashioned looking, knitted, snood. I've normally only seen them, around here, on older church ladies.

AW never wore a lot of makeup, showy clothing, or jewelry (not that I can recall, from her FB days, anyway).

I agree. Personal clothing styles are.... well, personal... and people usually wear what they feel comfortable wearing. I have always felt comfortable wearing jeans and, if I have to wear a dress, I'm uncomfortable at first and then get used to it as the day/night goes on. RW spends so much time around horses in a place where it's hard to not walk through dirt, hay, mud, horse poop, etc... I can't see her being into fancy dressing. No doubt she just dresses as she feels comfortable and how she feels "at home with herself." Really the same can be said for almost everyone, I think. I was brought up to dress in simple, clean clothes with little regard to "fashion." (In fact, negative regard to the going fashions) which were considered fads that came and went therefore, to be a waste of money and, most importantly; it being a statement only that "it's more important to conform rather than be who you are... and who that is; you have to figure out on your own."
I think RW and everyone else dresses individually and up-bringing, and all that entails, is probably a big part of it. If she's striving to live as a sincere Christian, she must dress modestly and simply, imo. I agree that the snood is part of that "culture", as well.

Maybe from firing 32+ shots in an enclosed space?

I was thinking about RW. I think one thing we all need to remember is she is a victim also. She has been thrust into the spotlight and I cannot imagine she feels good about all that publicity. Her previous private life is now open to all sorts of comments from the public. Also she has been placed in the position of having to defend her brother from some horrendous accusations. I also imagine she is very worried about the outcome of these trials. I cannot even imagine having a brother and nephews facing the death penalty.

Also I would think that FW is now in the position of having to leave the Flying W farm solely to RW. Even if BW is found not guilty the R's, M's and G's can still bring a wrongful death suit against BW and family as happened with O.J. Simpson. If he inherits any part of the Flying W then a wrongful death suit could force RW into selling the entire thing to get money that is due him that might be won in any such lawsuit. So I think whether he is found guilty or not guilty, FW has no choice but to cut him out of her will entirely or risk RW and any other heirs losing everything.

JMO

Thank you Dudly, Excellent summary of events and the reporter was so engaging and conveyed his experiences in Pike County... I still laugh when he was identified by locals in the bar/minimart/restaurant combo. (I can not transcribe worth a hoot, but you'll get the gist of it.)
Local at the bar: "You are not from around here."
Reporter replies, "I'm not from around here, how did you know?"
Local at the bar: "Cause you put a napkin on your lap when you sat down to eat."
I am sure the locals were teasing the reporter, but eventually warmed to him and even took him deer hunting....but I think they called it "deer camp." (Also some really funny side comments.)
You will love the Rhodens, Gilleys, Manleys and their pals after you listen to the podcast. (Just under the picture of the FW farm, you can start the podcast.)
New Pike County, Ohio murder podcast | True Crime Podcast

Last edited:
Thank you all for your gracious welcome and kind words!
I have been lurking W/S for a while now. What impresses me about W/S is the unique knowledge, insight, perspective and sometimes humor each member brings. Most impressive is the respect shown to other members, particularly when opinions differ.
I have an accounting/finance background but I haven't practiced in many years. And no, I am not offended by a good CPA joke (or attorney), I might just have a few of my own......

Last edited:
In Ohio, it's 16, with exceptions for Amish.
JULIA966 Yes, a "strained and questioning look" can give the confusing appearance of aggression...tilting one's head to the side might come across as "doubting." In our schools, for decades now, students are tested for hearing and vision. At, what age can a child (age 12) legally drop out of school without the parents getting into "truancy/absence" issues? I ask this out of great concern, since his attorney first broached the subject of a "lack of formal education beyond 7th grade." And, I believe this was "first step" in truly separating BGIII from the rest of the pack. Attorneys for AW, JW and GWIV never broached the subject of a lack of educational/deficits for them, huh? (setting the stage for "follower" vs "instigator"?)
ps Everyone can be helped with adult literacy classes... it is never too late, IMO.

WHIOtv7 Body cam shows George ‘Billy’ Wagner’s arrest

Pike County Murders: Body cam shows George ‘Billy’ Wagner’s arrest
Thank you Jacqueline, although I had viewed the body cam a couple of days ago...IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE A REFRESHER. I'm not going to worry about his "hearing" abilities anymore...He made darn sure he told officers, "I'm not going to do anything." and later while being handcuffed he is asked by the officer if he had any weapons G'B'WIII replied, "I got a leatherman tool on my right."
I tried to give him the benefit of a doubt....but I think he just doesn't read. He can follow directions. He kept a pair of reading glasses in his pocket during the entire hearing....but never used them or attempted to read along. And as for literacy rates in Ohio, Pike County (although double digits) is neither the highest or the lowest.

Do you think the charges against either of the older grandmothers might stem from activities on one of the social media sites where the case has been a hot topic, like trying to divert or mislead by planting false rumors?

Do you think the charges against either of the older grandmothers might stem from activities on one of the social media sites where the case has been a hot topic, like trying to divert or mislead by planting false rumors?
I wouldn’t think so. Nothing illegal about lying or trolling on SM. However, lying to a grand jury like they were alleged to have done is a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl