OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, weren't the grows in the old yellow Rhoden home, the green outbuilding with the white entrance door, and dug up underneath KR's shed? Again, IIRC.
Also, CR1 was expecting the pick up their product that morning? This was why he and Gary, to then be joined by KR were staying in CR's old trailer/office?

I have no idea and I've never read any of this information in your comment before. I was just trying to guess where the pot grows might have been without having any information at all. I was just speculating... guessing is all. Can you say where you learned about the yellow house, green outbuilding and digging under KR's shed? I thought we knew nothing about Chris's, Gary and Kenneth's last day alive. Is that what you mean by "that morning?" Is it acceptable to discuss it here according to TOS?

I think that trailer was used as a hang out and for trimming when the time came. Increase in security perhaps when the trimming was done and before product was moved (sold). Wasn't there a time when people were confronted by a lot of people banishing weapons in front of that property?

JMO, most of that is old social media rumor. Since the arrests, almost most of the rumors floated on SM and elsewhere have be shown to be false. Given the record so far, as the trial process goes on, most of the others will also prove false. But, LE needs to clear up their remarks and odd behavior when it comes to the MJ growing, which, BTW, is legal to do now in Ohio.

You can sell yourself out with a sophisticated lighting system, I worked for an attorney that was representing a guy who was growing pot near Wayne National Forest. He used grow lights and during the investigation they used hi-tech thermal imaging cameras. They will also keep tabs on your electric meter. So, it is safer to grow low key.

You can smell it too. As close as they were, to the road, at drying time, you'd smell that much weed. They may have had a double wall, with the a/c going to the original vents, between the walls. Have board that reflects back the heat on the interior walls. Do disperse the heat, from the interior room, you'd want to run something down and out. It's possible that was what they were looking at in that little shed that day. An outlet for the heat. It all doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. They run it at night, when it's cooler too. Just a thought from the curious.

JMO, most of that is old social media rumor. Since the arrests, almost most of the rumors floated on SM and elsewhere have be shown to be false. Given the record so far, as the trial process goes on, most of the others will also prove false. But, LE needs to clear up their remarks and odd behavior when it comes to the MJ growing, which, BTW, is legal to do now in Ohio.
When did it become legal to grow in Ohio? I must have missed that. If anything, I would assume it would be medical cannabis was approved to be purchased from an approved (licensed by the state and regulated) grower.

I believe the reason why they do not address the COMMERCIAL GROW at this time is because it is germane to the case.

Want to grow medical marijuana in Ohio? Here's how to apply Want to grow medical marijuana in Ohio? Here's how to apply

That was FR's trailer and they didn't have a grow there. Those, I believe, were tarps, to cover leaks that may have occurred over the winter. I believe they had a grow in CR1's place. GR probably crashed on a couch. Probably had it fairly contained, like a small greenhouse, inside, but with grow lights. 200 plants would be a lot but doable, if they were moving them to the woods later. I'm curious as to how and where they had the grows set up. I do hope to see them. I think since they've been very careful about what they've let out, and if there was a dual business venture at one time, they may bring that in, as part of the deterioration of the two families friendship/business partnerships.

About the 28 minute mark of the first news conference

Yes, I'm wondering if that's one of the reasons to save the trailers - to show jurors there were a couple of MJ grows inside. I dunno, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense if they already had photo evidence. Photos work pretty well as evidence in murder trials :rolleyes:. IDK, some day they will explain why they spent so much taxpayer dollars to keep those trailers and I hope it makes sense.

Beautiful comment.

Nothing to add to the substance of the beautiful comment. It’s great.

I think for decades the Waggies have gotten away with cheating people ruining lives and running roughshod over everything and everyone. When they did find trouble they bought their way out of it. People were scared and rightly so.

When the heinous taking of 8 lives was discovered, it terrified some people. And until locals really knew that DEWine and Reader weren’t going to blame this on the Mexican Cartel Or the American Doll Club Or anyone but the ones who did it they had nothing to say.

During those first few interviews and at the funerals you could feel the pain each person was holding back. I can’t imagine being that scared of anyone.

As soon as locals felt that LE was going to solve this I think people began to talk. This community has been suffering a lot longer than since April 22, 2016. It seems as though they’ve lived suppressed lives under the Waggies threat. I didn’t realize that happened in our country in this day and age.

I have to give everyone credit, those who talked and those who listened and investigated. Those 8 lives were worth as much as any 8 of us posting here on WS. And as garish,vile, violent and sickening as these pictures, and testimony is going to be, I think we as a country need to hear every bit of it. Murdering 8 people over custody or money is plain wrong. I don’t have the capacity to consider killing another let alone 8 people. I can’t imagine what it takes to be able to shoot people you know, the parents of young children, and community members. Evil in the worst most egregious form. No conscience and no soul. And certainly no one that lives close to the cross of any God I know.

Want to grow medical marijuana in Ohio? Here's how to apply Want to grow medical marijuana in Ohio? Here's how to apply

But...but....but...the Chris and Gary and Kenneth were bad people because they were growing MJ!!! Now, if they only had a CEO title after their name and investors and a snazzy state of the art grow operation, it would all be ok. But growing it in an old mobile home is eeevilll. o_O

ETA: Note, with irony, the date on that article was almost exactly 1 year after the Rhoden/Gilley family massacre.

Nothing to add to the substance of the beautiful comment. It’s great.

I think for decades the Waggies have gotten away with cheating people ruining lives and running roughshod over everything and everyone. When they did find trouble they bought their way out of it. People were scared and rightly so.

When the heinous taking of 8 lives was discovered, it terrified some people. And until locals really knew that DEWine and Reader weren’t going to blame this on the Mexican Cartel Or the American Doll Club Or anyone but the ones who did it they had nothing to say.

During those first few interviews and at the funerals you could feel the pain each person was holding back. I can’t imagine being that scared of anyone.

As soon as locals felt that LE was going to solve this I think people began to talk. This community has been suffering a lot longer than since April 22, 2016. It seems as though they’ve lived suppressed lives under the Waggies threat. I didn’t realize that happened in our country in this day and age.

I have to give everyone credit, those who talked and those who listened and investigated. Those 8 lives were worth as much as any 8 of us posting here on WS. And as garish,vile, violent and sickening as these pictures, and testimony is going to be, I think we as a country need to hear every bit of it. Murdering 8 people over custody or money is plain wrong. I don’t have the capacity to consider killing another let alone 8 people. I can’t imagine what it takes to be able to shoot people you know, the parents of young children, and community members. Evil in the worst most egregious form. No conscience and no soul. And certainly no one that lives close to the cross of any God I know.

Agree. The Wags ran their own show and intimidated everyone. They were a family clan. They were used to buying their way out of any problems they had. I don't see them sharing any info about the Rhoden/Gilley murders with anyone outside the family.

JMO, the fact that Reader and DeWine barked so much at family and locals to share information means they didn't have the Wagners on their radar for quite a while. Once they figured out who the real killers were, they likely realized that Wags weren't sharing that info with anyone.

But...but....but...the Chris and Gary and Kenneth were bad people because they were growing MJ!!! Now, if they only had a CEO title after their name and investors and a snazzy state of the art grow operation, it would all be ok. But growing it in an old mobile home is eeevilll. o_O

ETA: Note, with irony, the date on that article was almost exactly 1 year after the Rhoden/Gilley family massacre.
I don't recall anyone saying they were bad people for growing cannabis. What people have said is that they were breaking the law growing cannabis. And at the alleged quantity that they were growing per LE, they would be doing a long long time in prison.

Good question - why haven't Reader, Junk and DeWine cleared up the muddled mess about "major" grow ops on the Rhoden properties? Why no photos?

Shall I also assume you believe they all deserved to die because they had 200 pot plants on their farm? Or are we just supposed to condemn and trash their memory? TIA for clearing that up.

JMO, Reader, DeWine and Junk do owe some apologies to surviving family members and others for all the aspersions cast during the investigation.

For some reason I knew you would GO THERE. No they don't but if you're around cockfighting, dogfighting, growing weed etc. You are around unsavory people. Easy to create reasonable doubt. Your on here condemning people that haven't being to trial yet. Clear that up TIA.

IIRC, weren't the grows in the old yellow Rhoden home, the green outbuilding with the white entrance door, and dug up underneath KR's shed? Again, IIRC.
Also, CR1 was expecting the pick up their product that morning? This was why he and Gary, to then be joined by KR were staying in CR's old trailer/office?

I've never heard that on MSM. If this is true, they had the surveillance down pat. Makes me kinda feel like closin' up the windows, and gettin' another dog.

Here is the state site regarding cultivation of medical cannabis. Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program

Yeah, we sleuthed the program and applicants here. There is some shady stuff (one board member of an approved permit holder is a multimillionaire relative of a big political family who has large "vegetable" farms in Mexico where the Sinaloa cartel operates., but nothing we could connect to the Rhoden murders. Only possible exception would be if JW was driving trucks to Cinci and KY a lot. One of the bigwigs who got a permit in southern Ohio has his business address in northern KY.

For some reason I knew you would GO THERE. No they don't but if you're around cockfighting, dogfighting, growing weed etc. You are around unsavory people. Easy to create reasonable doubt. Your on here condemning people that haven't being to trial yet. Clear that up TIA.
Norm, I don't know about cockfighting..there was never mention of dog fights that I recall..but growing weed does not necessarily put a person around unsavory people. Meth, heroin, cocaine maybe yes, but not weed.

I don't recall anyone saying they were bad people for growing cannabis. What people have said is that they were breaking the law growing cannabis. And at the alleged quantity that they were growing per LE, they would be doing a long long time in prison.

I know you didn't accuse them of that. I was being humorously sarcastic.

I don't see Rhodens as bad people because they had a grow op before it was legal. It should have been legalized decades ago. They should be viewed no less favorably than the current "investors" who have permits to grow now, most good friends of politicians and palm-greasers to boot. Many of them worked for the governor and other state officials until it came time to file for permit. So, JMO, to say the Rhodens were worse than those people is wrong.

There was absolutely no legitimate source that claimed those people were dogfighting. If I missed it, you'll need to provide a link. As for cockfighting, there's no proof of that either.

For now, it seems more appropriate to focus on the family who killed 8 people in their sleep - the Wagners - instead of making unfounded accusations about the Rhodens & HHG. Wagners are the ones who will be going on trial for the murder of 8 innocent people, conspiracy, aggravated burglary, etc.

ETA: And if you think it's bad that we're on here condemning the Wagner family when they haven't had a trial yet, oh well. I don't think any of us feel guilty about that. The indictments seem pretty clear about what happened and the scant evidence we had indicated the Wags were involved.

Innocent until proven guilty, of course.

Last edited:
Okay... 2 grows at Chris's. Then maybe he did have some seedlings in that big building.
That makes me sad to think of a bedroom that was going to be set up for the little guy and with Dana and the others moving down the road, things were just beginning to look up in both places. Thanks for correcting the locations of the grows. I was doing Frankie and Hannah a disservice with my speculation. So, the 2 grows were located where no children lived.
That is correct, as far as we all have been informed by the media/LE. No children were residing at any homes where marijuana was being grown. The state also paid for all of the funerals besides Chris’, Kenny’s and Gary’s because of the marijuana found on those two scenes.

I am very pro-marijuana. So, because of that I may come off as biased when it comes to the discussion of the marijuana grows. I guess to me, it just really isn’t a big deal. Could it be a big deal? I suppose it could be if the MJ factors in to the motive for the murders. But until and if it even does, I just have a hard time understanding why it’s a focus as this point. No snark intended in any way. I’m being genuine and can’t wrap my head around why the marijuana grows matter at this point. Hopefully someone can break it down for me and help me to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member