OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, your theory of growing seedlings in Chris Sr's trailer is probably correct. Just the method might be wrong. Yes, I believe "meager size was found."
I think the "3 grow sites" were:
1) Chris Sr's trailer, in a bedroom or two down the hall.
2) Frankie's trailer.. same location... down the hall in a bedroom or two. I say this because his little boy was sleeping on the couch in the living room. Now, he might have been timid about sleeping way down the hall in a bedroom all by himself... but, it might be a bedroom was all taken up with pot seedlings, too. There's no way to know for sure.
3) Kenneth and his great big tray of seedlings or baby plants.

There was never any evidence that LE was out in the woods pulling down and burning or loading up baby pot plants for removal. Local MSM would not have missed that story, imo. So, you can only jam so many pot plants into a couple of trailers and a shed. If Chris Sr was using that huge building, that would be a different story... but, again, how did MSM miss that kind of action going on if LE had to clear all the plants out of a huge building? I just don't think there were that many plants. I don't know why Governor DeWine said, "major grow" but I don't believe that unless MSM was forbidden to cover the story. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have been allowed to cover the story since it had already been written that "a major grow" had been discovered. JMO.
The part of my theory that is in the bin is that there were no sky lights on Chris Sr trailer. The rest I'll keep for now as it's stuff I've stored since day one.

She was apparently busy with the pigs and kids and her men, probably trying to make a child friendly environment as well as a man cave and control it all meanwhile. She likely tried to manage the guys but they were like herding cats. I bet she did damage control more than once, IMO.
I agree very much. In particular with the damage control in the men cave. The caveman will get out of his hole this week for a short ride.

I visited a 10,000 years old man cave in europe earlier this year. It was full of hunting stories like in that house.

From what I read in the story posted by BettyP yesterday, it seems possible she covered the actions of her men more than once.

I come back to "men often marry their mother". It's strange the mother is accused of covering up for GW3 while I get the same impression from his wife.

Last edited:
I've seen Amish people with Game *advertiser censored* for sale and/or trade at animal swap meets. Right along side other fancy chickens, pheasants, peacocks, pigeons, quail, and what ever else they sell for extra income. I used to go to the swap meet at Lucasville, Ohio, just north of Portsmouth. A friend of mine still had spaces paid for there last year yet...

Same here. I visit Amish country and have seen them, though didn't realize at the time that was what they were. Just because someone raises them doesn't mean they fight them.

Anyway, the whole discussion is a distraction from the murders of 8 innocent people by the Wagner family.

No doubt, the defense teams of the killers will be throwing out all kinds of chaff and distractions like MJ and chickens to get a "not guilty" verdict for the murderers. Personally, I don't plan to aid them in their efforts.

I am very curious to see how sophisticated these grow ops were. KR, to my knowledge, didn’t even have running water or power, so it will be interesting to see the creativity used for such sophistication, especially over on LFR.

My family had a house in Hawaii. Our water was on a catchment system. Or you could buy water by the truckload from Charlie the water guy.

When we weren’t living there we had an elderly caretaker.

I took my kids over for a total solar eclipse and one morning we thought Pearl Harbor had been attacked again. Military vehicles, cops, feds came up the mountain sirens full blast and helicopters led the way. They stopped about a thousand feet further up the mountain from our house.

Phones lit up and everyone headed that way.

Much longer story short, a family had turned a huge (500 ft long 10 to 15 ft diameter) lava tube into a KONA GOLD GROW OP. It was all hydroponic lights and all electrical on generator power underground. No heat detectable from the air as it was all underground.

How did they get caught? Charlie the water guy got into a tiff with them over the price of the truckload of water he delivered once a week. He turned them in.

And then we found out they were stripping the fenders and packing trunks of very expensive cars coming into Kona destined for the mainland. Then they’d drive them over to Hilo and put them back on the barge headed to Long Beach. They did this for about 10 years. And all over a few dollars of water.

Also, if there were multiple shooters, as is suspected, I would expect the patterns and techniques to be different.

From what the public knows thus far, the patterns and techniques do appear to be different.

In one home, there was HMR who was shot “only” twice, while her mother DR had her head riddled with 5 bullets, including under her chin. Poor little Chris was shot four times, two of those through the top of his head.

In another home, CR1 took nine bullets in various areas of his body while his cousin Gary received 3 point blank shots to his head.

FR received a total of three shots to his head, some or all were point blank, while HHG was given 5 shots to her face, one of which was to her eye.

And then there’s KR, who received one single shot to his eye.

There doesn’t appear to be a rhyme or reason thus far to explain the difference in shooting patterns each victim received which has made me conclude that there wasn’t just one shooter. Also consider, at DR’s house, three victims in three different areas of the home were able to be subdued and unable to escape. IMO, there had to be more than one person who entered DR’s home in order to gain control over three people in separate areas.

From the article: "...when the family came back to Ohio after Billy Wagner’s father, George W. “Bob” Wagner, died Aug. 21, 2017, and was buried on the family’s Flying W Farm."

Ah, so this is why they came back.
I could be wrong, but I don’t believe that’s why they came back. GWjr passed away in August 2017 and the 4 W’s didn’t return to Ohio until this past Spring 2018, 7-8 months after GWjr’s passing. AW’s father died in November 2017 and they still did not return for that event either.

I lived for several years not long ago in a rural area of New York State which in some ways is not dissimilar to Appalachian or Ozarkian lifestyles and worldviews. There too was and is a multi-generational pattern of very hard work, not much money, not wonderful education and, oftentimes, early relationships and pregnancies. In my time there I came to know several of these families very well, and counted them as friends. What did they have? Love. In the families I knew, there was generosity, hospitality, warmth, straightforwardness, and love. If they liked you (which meant, if they knew you weren't going to stare down your nose at them and run them down behind their backs) their kindness was boundless. You cannot visit without being offered a meal. Yes, a meal made in a ratty trailer. A great meal. Notice how often the late Kenneth Rhoden (Gary's father) and Leonard Manley characterized family members as people who would "give you the shirt off their back". This code of generosity matters absolutely to families such as these. The generational early relationships and pregnancies are troubling to outsiders, for many legitimate reasons: what about education, we might ask. What about their futures, health, money, furthering themselves, getting out, breaking the cycles. All valid questions to ask. After all, all of our children become a part of the collective society eventually. But within families such as those I knew, there was a fatalism, an acceptance, and a depthless joy in every new family member. It can all seem, from the outside, irresponsible, cavalier, rash. But in my own experience there's more to it. In this utterly Shakespearean drama between the Rhodens and the Wagners, what for me surmounts all is an overwhelming sense that the Rhodens love(d) each other, and that the Wagners are empty - incapable of love, even for one another.

Beautifully stated, and you've put words to a feeling I've had about this group. I'm curious where in upstate New York you lived. I live in a Rochester, NY suburb. We'd be described as suburban and I work in the city, but drive 10 miles east of my house, and it's a whole different world.

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe that’s why they came back. GWjr passed away in August 2017 and the 4 W’s didn’t return to Ohio until this past Spring 2018, 7-8 months after GWjr’s passing. AW’s father died in November 2017 and they still did not return for that event either.

Oh, OK, thanks, I didn't quite have the timeline down, and didn't know about AW's father. Still, it may have taken some time for the two deaths to weigh on them, the realization that FW and AW's mother might need them to come back, time to get their affairs lined up, etc. to make the long trip back. If FW is the possessive, domineering mother we suspect she is, she may have summoned them back after her husband died and it just took a while.

From what the public knows thus far, the patterns and techniques do appear to be different.

In one home, there was HMR who was shot “only” twice, while her mother DR had her head riddled with 5 bullets, including under her chin. Poor little Chris was shot four times, two of those through the top of his head.

In another home, CR1 took nine bullets in various areas of his body while his cousin Gary received 3 point blank shots to his head.

FR received a total of three shots to his head, some or all were point blank, while HHG was given 5 shots to her face, one of which was to her eye.

And then there’s KR, who received one single shot to his eye.

There doesn’t appear to be a rhyme or reason thus far to explain the difference in shooting patterns each victim received which has made me conclude that there wasn’t just one shooter. Also consider, at DR’s house, three victims in three different areas of the home were able to be subdued and unable to escape. IMO, there had to be more than one person who entered DR’s home in order to gain control over three people in separate areas.

Agree, it looks odd from our perspective because we don't have access to ballistics info, other than what Gary Rhoden's father discussed at his funeral. Once the defense reveals that info at trial, the "puzzle pieces" will fall into place for us.

Realistically, there had to be multiple shooters at most of the locations, due to multiple victims and the need to control the crime scene. JMO, I have a feeling Angela Wagner killed Dana Rhoden. She seems the one who would have the most anger towards Dana - a woman with whom she struggled mightily to gain custody of Sophia. Angela was obsessed with controlling her brood of grandchildren, as she did her own children. When Dana fought hard to protect Hanna's rights as a mom and her own rights as a grandparent, it must have enraged Angela to no end.

Dana's moving into her new home must have really set a match to the tinder and, like many of you here, I think that triggered the murder scheme from plan to execution. Angela wanted revenge against Dana, Chris Sr and HMR.

The Dayton Daily News article about Billy Wagner's past arrest for brandishing a weapon reveals that Angela Wagner owned or possessed a gun of her own and had probably used it in the past. It was her gun. She knows how to shoot. She was one of the killers, not just someone who planned and rode along.

I think they said that none of the roosters had shown signs of being fought. Most rarely come back home when they come from a fight. Winner or loser. At least that's the understanding I have of it. There's folks around here that just sells the birds, and makes money. They are fighting stock. Sometimes folks go to the fights to off load drugs, gamble, mix and make deals. Like any other thing that's illegal, other illegal activities cling to its' shirttail. Just a short time back, our current gov. did a stump speech at a *advertiser censored* fight! So, ya'll might see it one way, but the Rs may not yet see it your way. I dunno why folks want to scrub away this family's history. It's sad.

News media said all the animals were checked by a vet and all were healthy and in good condition...

Agree, it looks odd from our perspective because we don't have access to ballistics info, other than what Gary Rhoden's father discussed at his funeral. Once the defense reveals that info at trial, the "puzzle pieces" will fall into place for us.

Realistically, there had to be multiple shooters at most of the locations, due to multiple victims and the need to control the crime scene. JMO, I have a feeling Angela Wagner killed Dana Rhoden. She seems the one who would have the most anger towards Dana - a woman with whom she struggled mightily to gain custody of Sophia. Angela was obsessed with controlling her brood of grandchildren, as she did her own children. When Dana fought hard to protect Hanna's rights as a mom and her own rights as a grandparent, it must have enraged Angela to no end.

Dana's moving into her new home must have really set a match to the tinder and, like many of you here, I think that triggered the murder scheme from plan to execution. Angela wanted revenge against Dana, Chris Sr and HMR.

The Dayton Daily News article about Billy Wagner's past arrest for brandishing a weapon reveals that Angela Wagner owned or possessed a gun of her own and had probably used it in the past. It was her gun. She knows how to shoot. She was one of the killers, not just someone who planned and rode along.
I agree. I would also add, I believe JW shot HMR. Considering the two shots inflicted upon HMR AND JW’s “love” aka obsession with control of HMR & SW, I believe he pulled the trigger And couldn’t bring himself to keep shooting Hanna. He also placed himself at the crime scene mere hours before the murders in his early recounting of picking SW up the evening of 4/21. Of course that story was later edited and changed to he picked SW a week prior, but I do believe the change of story along with the story about putting the crib together was a futile attempt on behalf of the W’s to justify why JW’s DNA would be in Dana, Hanna, and Chris Jr’s residence of only one month. That’s JMO.

I agree. I would also add, I believe JW shot HMR. Considering the two shots inflicted upon HMR AND JW’s “love” aka obsession with control of HMR & SW, I believe he pulled the trigger And couldn’t bring himself to keep shooting Hanna. He also placed himself at the crime scene mere hours before the murders in his early recounting of picking SW up the evening of 4/21. Of course that story was later edited and changed to he picked SW a week prior, but I do believe the change of story along with the story about putting the crib together was a futile attempt on behalf of the W’s to justify why JW’s DNA would be in Dana, Hanna, and Chris Jr’s residence of only one month. That’s JMO.

I agree, it's most likely JW shot HMR. The crime scene at Dana's home was the most complicated. The Wagners had to enter and kill three people sleeping in three separate bedrooms, one with an infant lying nearby. Chris, Jr seemed to be the only one who awoke and tried to hide before being murdered.

HMR and DR both appeared to have been asleep until just before their deaths. So one or two people were needed in Dana's room and a third in HMR's room.

Dana's room: Angela (shooter) and IV or Billy
HMR's room: Jake Wagner (shooter) and IV or Billy

Still don't know the layout of the bedrooms in Dana's home, but someone had to go looking for little Chris's room, perhaps either Billy or IV.

I'm guessing the prosecution will lay all this out at trial, hope so anyway. I do hope they're strongly committed to convicting the Wagners.

My family had a house in Hawaii. Our water was on a catchment system. Or you could buy water by the truckload from Charlie the water guy.

When we weren’t living there we had an elderly caretaker.

I took my kids over for a total solar eclipse and one morning we thought Pearl Harbor had been attacked again. Military vehicles, cops, feds came up the mountain sirens full blast and helicopters led the way. They stopped about a thousand feet further up the mountain from our house.

Phones lit up and everyone headed that way.

Much longer story short, a family had turned a huge (500 ft long 10 to 15 ft diameter) lava tube into a KONA GOLD GROW OP. It was all hydroponic lights and all electrical on generator power underground. No heat detectable from the air as it was all underground.

How did they get caught? Charlie the water guy got into a tiff with them over the price of the truckload of water he delivered once a week. He turned them in.

And then we found out they were stripping the fenders and packing trunks of very expensive cars coming into Kona destined for the mainland. Then they’d drive them over to Hilo and put them back on the barge headed to Long Beach. They did this for about 10 years. And all over a few dollars of water.

If this was back in the 70's, I think they used to call that guy's product "Maui Wowie". Never had any, lol, we were poor college students back then.

It's possible the Wags came back from AK for the settling of George W, Jr's estate. The first hearing was in September 2108, it was settled in October. They may have come back to prevail upon Fredericka to share some of the proceeds. IIRC, he had some life insurance policies that were worth a few hundred thousand dollars. ETA: $346,104.20.

The real estate was all in Fredericka Wagner's name, so no transfer. The only tangible property transferred was his automobile and that went to FW.

Pike County Probate Court - Record Search

I agree, it's most likely JW shot HMR. The crime scene at Dana's home was the most complicated. The Wagners had to enter and kill three people sleeping in three separate bedrooms, one with an infant lying nearby. Chris, Jr seemed to be the only one who awoke and tried to hide before being murdered.

HMR and DR both appeared to have been asleep until just before their deaths. So one or two people were needed in Dana's room and a third in HMR's room.

Dana's room: Angela (shooter) and IV or Billy
HMR's room: Jake Wagner (shooter) and IV or Billy

Still don't know the layout of the bedrooms in Dana's home, but someone had to go looking for little Chris's room, perhaps either Billy or IV.

I'm guessing the prosecution will lay all this out at trial, hope so anyway. I do hope they're strongly committed to convicting the Wagners.
I tend to believe it depends on where the W’s entered Dana’s when it comes to which rooms they had to look for. Jr’s room was immediately to the right of the front door upon entering the house. Now, if they entered the home from the back dining room door, they would have been closest to HMR’s room upon entry. Then walking through the dining room to the kitchen, Dana’s room would have been to the right off of the kitchen. Juniors room would have been through the dining room, into the kitchen, across the living room and past the front door-IF they entered through the back of house.

It's possible the Wags came back from AK for the settling of George W, Jr's estate. The first hearing was in September 2108, it was settled in October. They may have come back to prevail upon Fredericka to share some of the proceeds. IIRC, he had some life insurance policies that were worth a few hundred thousand dollars. ETA: $346,104.20.

The real estate was all in Fredericka Wagner's name, so no transfer. The only tangible property transferred was his automobile and that went to FW.

Pike County Probate Court - Record Search
I still find it odd that the life insurance was left to GW3. And that it took GW3 from August 2017 to September 2018 to file the estate claim for that insurance. 13 months is a long time to sit on approximately a $350,000 life insurance pay out. LE said the W’s returned in the Spring of 2018. Why a 5-6 month delay in filing for that, on GW3’s part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23