OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd still know what charges for murder entailed and it was wrong. At least one graduated as a diesal mechanic, too. It's just according to the home school instruction as to their education level. G3 is said by his lawyer to have only a 7th grade education. I have acquaintances with 8th grade education who have very thriving businesses. Common sense and education are two separate things. You can have the latter without the former.

ITA. Did G3 attend school, or only to 7th? I didn’t hear his attorney speak to his education level. Might this be an issue come trial time?

As far as mechanic work, a lot of guys (women too, I suppose) can excel in a field w/o formal education, even.

Another thought, FW knew this was eventually going to happen. She could hope otherwise but realistically after appearing in front of the GJ she had to know. She may be grateful it’s over and no one else was killed (that we know of) because I think G3 has a heck of a temper that he can’t control & was always armed. Again....”tiptoe around G3, don’t ire him, he might shoot you”, was probably quite common.

Briefly, I know a guy that shot and seriously wounded his mom because she would not give him a million dollar check. Yes, they are wealthy. The father jumped in to save mom & took a bullet to the brain. In court the son said “I would’ve never hurt my dad. If my mom gave me money she wouldn’t be crippled.” Umm, he was 45, college grad. What about a job? Earn money. Entitlement! Nothing else. He is LWOP.

Not to that degree, but my ex would throw a fit, literally, as in throw his food on the floor, and the like, if it wasn't to his liking. He pulled this, as an over 30 adult. His mom just fussed at him. It didn't fly with me. He didn't realize he'd gotten a female who didn't mind a fight.

ITA. Did G3 attend school, or only to 7th? I didn’t hear his attorney speak to his education level. Might this be an issue come trial time?

As far as mechanic work, a lot of guys (women too, I suppose) can excel in a field w/o formal education, even.
https://www.10tv.com/article/defense-attorney-pushes-move-rhoden-family-murder-trial
Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history.

Oooops, I meant what if FW had offered money, in exchange for the W family to gain custody. If they so desperately wanted the child, I’m surprised no offer was extended. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, do any of you know why the 4 are so desperate to have custody of kids? Is it merely to avoid child support? To appease AW? I don’t get their fierce desire to have little kids.

For FW’s generation, skip generation trusts are very popular. They prefer to not put their kids on easy street, preferring they work. So, the trust is for grandkids benefit, many times. Could this be part of the interest the Ws have in the kids? Thinking if FW passed, they would control SW’s inheritance? If JW was driving truck and often away, it’s not like he could be a “hands on” dad. So that would leave A & G3 to raise SW as well as #4s kid. It’s all too confusing.
I almost went with that thought, generation skipping trust....but FW's grandchildren are GW4 and Jake.... not SW or BW
Something "weird just came to mind"
(but what isn't weird about the arrested individuals?) GW4 got custody of his son, right....so how much did he have to spend in attorney's fees?? Remember the
site in which Jake W claimed to need money for his legal battle to get SW? Geesh, he had custody of SW after the murder of her beautiful Mother....he WAS NO LONGER FACING THREAT OF CHILD SUPPORT or SEX WITH A MINOR, huh??? Anybody get the feeling Jake W is a big "whiner" who always wants more, more, more. Me, me, me and unable to take personal or financial responsibility for any of his actions??

Last edited:
Not to that degree, but my ex would throw a fit, literally, as in throw his food on the floor, and the like, if it wasn't to his liking. He pulled this, as an over 30 adult. His mom just fussed at him. It didn't fly with me. He didn't realize he'd gotten a female who didn't mind a fight.

He would def’ be my ex, as well.

Now, if G3 is functioning at 7 grade level, is he not considered MR? How on earth did AW ever get involved with him & feel it safe to have kids with him?

Perhaps G3 holds the public school system responsible for his deficiencies and was the driving force behind “home schooling” for his boys.

Again, if they are the culprits behind the grisly murders of 8, they have sure destroyed the W family name for generations to come. Future generations that stay in the area shall always be known as related to “those other Ws”.

I almost went with that thought, generation skipping trust....but FW's grandchildren are GW4 and Jake.... not SW or BW
(but what isn't weird about the arrested individuals?) GW4 got custody of his son, right....so how much did he have to spend in attorney's fees?? Remember the
site in which Jake W claimed to need money for his legal battle to get SW?
Here.
Rhoden case: 'Hate seeing my daughter cry'

Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide.

"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.

"We want to get our lives back,'' he wrote. "I hate seeing my daughter cry."

Wagner set a fundraising goal of $20,000, but said his legal bills were not quite that high. But, he added, his legal bills were four times more than what he expected. The former over-the-road truck driver and trained mechanic has maxed out his credit cards. He said he is paying his lawyer in what is left over after he pays his other bills every month. It hardly makes a dent.

site in which Jake W claimed to need money for his legal battle to get SW?

Per FGT (future gen trust, lol) maybe it skips two. Not unheard of. FW raised her kids with work ethics, expects them to do the same with their children.
I know everyone’s opinion differs but I think FW & her husband did the best they could, a lot better than most, in raising their kids. She must be appalled and always so, over the life A & G created for their boys.

We don’t even know if FW wanted JW to have his daughter. Truth be known, as I posted a moment ago, she could have made a monetary offer, if she really wished them to have custody. If an offer had been extended, nothing to say whether HR would have agreed. But, it’d been worth a shot. No pun intended, sorry. FW had to know the child did not need to be reared by the 4.

Another thought, maybe G3 isn’t even an heir and he knows he’s not. If he’s “deficient”, I doubt she would leave him anything unless it’s controlled by some entity or god forbid, his siblings. I can’t even imagine how ugly that situation would be. Bullets would fly.

Self made millionaires generally expect their kids to follow suit. They are leading by example, they hope. Now if we’re talking Max Factor, Hilton’s or something nationally recognized, it’s different.

The farm that JW and G4 sold, was it a gift from FW? Where did the proceeds from the sale go?

IF a trust exists leaving assets to “grandchildren”, AW probably believes it to include greats, great greats & on & on. Obviously, speculation. But it’s been said they wanted “control”. Exactly what did they wish to “control”. Maybe persons that might one day inherit a pot they could then all pee on??? Kids grow up, begin a new chapter, move on. Controlling kids is basically an 18 year challenge.

Last edited:
Defense attorney pushes to move Rhoden family murder trial
Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history.
Jonas, tysm for this! There’s been so much to absorb, it’s easy to miss some things. For me, especially.

So, if he has a 7 grade education, why was he allowed to be kept from school? Or, did he attend grade 7 until the age in which his mom could allow him to quit! As in he made it to grade 7 and there he stayed for a few years?

Did his siblings attend college? I know RAWs wife is a college grad.

Last edited:
Here.

Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide.

"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.

Wagner set a fundraising goal of $20,000, but said his legal bills were not quite that high. But, he added, his legal bills were four times more than what he expected. The former over-the-road truck driver and trained mechanic has maxed out his credit cards. He said he is paying his lawyer in what is left over after he pays his other bills every month. It hardly makes a dent.

Sounds like grandma Fred’ isn’t real helpful.
Honestly, the 4 all appear to feel “entitled”, if they can’t steal it, they beg for it.
So thankful all 4 are involved so SW is no longer with them.

What is shocking me here, it's the fact the custody document are alledged to be forged. Therefore, the lawyer bills are likely fake, and it's AW setting up this page without JW knowing.

This old article had been buried for a while. It could be a clue to how the family worked.

Exactly. They feel entitled to money. They just don’t want to earn it. Beg, steal, pawn, kill.....do whatever it takes, just get money.

Here.

This reveals to me that FW did NOT help him with any costs associated with the act of murder.

I’m telling you, as soon as news broke, FW, RAW & RW knew. Not the specifics but they knew G3 was involved.
FW, RW & RAW are lucky to be alive.
At any moment G3 could have went off on one or all of them. Again...tip toe. Tip toe thru life, don’t wanna get G3 excited, he could kill us.

What is shocking me here, it's the fact the custody document are alledged to be forged. Therefore, the lawyer bills are likely fake.

This old article had been buried for a while. It could be a clue to how the family worked.

EDIT: to be fair, it does not say she setup without him knowing. It says "he did not know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him"
Iirc, he did go to court to get the “legal custody” status. So audacious, after killing or at least participating in the murder of the child’s mom.

Attorney fees should have been nominal. He is the bio dad so he was going to be awarded custody. No one in the R family stood a chance. Especially with it looking like someone was out to wipe them off the map.

Exactly. They feel entitled to money. They just don’t want to earn it. Beg, steal, pawn, kill.....do whatever it takes, just get money.
Okay, since I am letting all the marbles out of the bag....did you know....drum roll please.
"You must provide a notarized bill of sale as well the title also must be ... etc" see Ohio Vehicle Bill of Sale DMV.ORG
Bear with me on this thought....who said many of the vehicles used in demolition were "possibly stolen" vehicles? Was/could the "ongoing enterprise" be the faked notarized bills of sale??? Oh Geee, or Oh Granny?? I would imagine you have to provide evidence you "owned the vehicle" before you could drive it into the "crash area and demolition arena?" Aaah IQuestion, (thinking to myself) you are entirely too suspicious and unless these people (W's )have a history of receiving stolen items...you are just chasing down another rabbit hole. A lot of this confuses me...who pays $1200 for an ugly dog that drools when you can rescue some great dogs from a shelter? Why destroy a vehicle that runs perfectly in forward and reverse?

Last edited:
Okay, since I am letting all the marbles out of the bag....did you know....drum roll please.
"You must provide a notarized bill of sale as well the title also must be ... etc" see Ohio Vehicle Bill of Sale DMV.ORG
Bear with me on this thought....who said many of the vehicles used in demolition were "possibly stolen" vehicles? Was/could the "ongoing enterprise" be the fake notarized bills of sale??? Oh Geee, or Oh Granny?? Aaah IQuestion, (thinking to myself) you are entirely too suspicious and unless these people (W's )have a history of receiving stolen items...you are just chasing down another rabbit hole.
Excellent thought!

Okay...going way back, did AW grow up with G3? Or meet him after her military stint? Sorry for so many questions, but two plus years and so many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member