OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#40

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

George Wagner is accused of killing a family of 8 living on a pot farm in Pike County OH. While first thought to be drug related the killings now could be the result of a custody battle. 3 other members of the Wagner family have been arrested as well. So many twists and turns and Websleuths members are on top of every single thing that happens in the shocking case.

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

Thread #39

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone ever determine what this actually means?

“The enterprise, through a pattern of corrupt activity or the collection of an unlawful debt, to wit.........”

It’s in the indictments.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Any idea how long it takes an attorney to be verified? I’m thinking of asking a friend to get here stat to answer questions.

I don't know how long it takes Trudie, ask Tricia if she is still on here. We have had several attorneys on different threads that had threads specifically started to ask questions. Gitana1 is one, and for the life of me I can't recall who helped us so much during the Jodi Arias trial... she was heaven sent IMO.

Drats, now I need to go look for her. :D:D

ETA:
Well now I am red faced, it was AZlawyer, :rolleyes: there was also Minor4th and Mormon Attorney.

Last edited:
Collection of unlawful debt is defined as including only "a debt (A) incurred or contracted in gambling activity and (B) which was incurred in connection with the business of lending money at a rate usurious under State or Federal law." Castrillo v. Am. Home Mortg. Servicing, Inc., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 106909 (E.D. La. Nov. 16, 2009)

This??? ^^^^^^^^^

Collection of Unlawful Debt Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.31 Corrupt activity definitions.

Enterprise" includes any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, limited partnership, corporation, trust, union, government agency, or other legal entity, or any organization, association, or group of persons associated in fact although not a legal entity. "Enterprise" includes illicit as well as licit enterprises.

After reading this multiple times, I think I can see (maybe) what part 2 of the motive is & perhaps the “bizarreness”. How about you guys?

Last edited:

Enterprise" includes any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, limited partnership, corporation, trust, union, government agency, or other legal entity, or any organization, association, or group of persons associated in fact although not a legal entity. "Enterprise" includes illicit as well as licit enterprises.

After reading this multiple times, I think I can see (maybe) what part 2 of the motive is & perhaps the “bizarreness”.

What are your thoughts exactly?

No, Im trying to catch up. Like 12 pages behind. I'll let u know once I check it out.

Well, sadly, the above links are tedious reading. Lol
I called an atty friend, but he’s preparing for a.m. court.

For now, I’m going to refrain from posting where I think this is going. Once you or anyone read the links, I do believe things will be more clear. I must study this more, tho. Unfortunately, I gotta read one indictment again. Boring.

Last edited:
Well, sadly, the above links are tedious reading. Lol
I called an atty friend, but he’s preparing for a.m. court.
Tysm

For now, I’m going to refrain from posting where I think this is going. Once you or anyone read the links, I do believe things will be more clear. I must study this more, tho. Unfortunately, I gotta read one indictment again. Boring.

Pondering on this a bit more before take the plunge. Here's a definition that states that the item can be a "thing" too;

Under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, an unlawful debt is defined as “a debt that is (A) unenforceable under state or federal law in whole or in part as to the principal or interest because of the laws relating to usury, and (B) which was incurred in connection with the business of lending money or a thing of value at a rate usurious under state or federal law, where the usurious rate is at least twice the enforceable rate.” Proctor v. Metro. Money Store Corp, 645 F. Supp. 2d 464 (D. Md. 2009)

Unlawful Debt Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Unlawful Debt/Racketeering
18 U.S. Code § 1962 - Prohibited activities

Did anyone ever determine what this actually means?

“The enterprise, through a pattern of corrupt activity or the collection of an unlawful debt, to wit.........”

It’s in the indictments.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Any idea how long it takes an attorney to be verified? I’m thinking of asking a friend to get here stat to answer questions.

“pattern of corrupt activity”. Pattern would be more than once & perhaps quite frequent, right?

Lol, I’m thinking out loud.

Pondering on this a bit more before take the plunge. Here's a definition that states that the item can be a "thing" too;

Under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, an unlawful debt is defined as “a debt that is (A) unenforceable under state or federal law in whole or in part as to the principal or interest because of the laws relating to usury, and (B) which was incurred in connection with the business of lending money or a thing of value at a rate usurious under state or federal law, where the usurious rate is at least twice the enforceable rate.” Proctor v. Metro. Money Store Corp, 645 F. Supp. 2d 464 (D. Md. 2009)

Unlawful Debt Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Unlawful Debt/Racketeering
18 U.S. Code § 1962 - Prohibited activities

Great. My head needs more deep reading! Lol
Thanks, Rsd, let me get started.
Yea, too soon to plunge. IMO

After reading this multiple times, I think I can see (maybe) what part 2 of the motive is & perhaps the “bizarreness”. How about you guys?
I kind of read this as allowing gangs to be defined as an enterprise. Though gangs are not legally organized as a LLC, they are nonetheless "an associated group of people". I am just thinking out loud and throwing it out there!
Are there any biker groups in that area?

I kind of read this as allowing gangs to be defined as an enterprise. Though gangs are not legally organized as a LLC, they are nonetheless "an associated group of people". I am just thinking out loud and throwing it out there!
Are there any biker groups in that area?

Idk.

Collection of unlawful debt is defined as including only "a debt (A) incurred or contracted in gambling activity and (B) which was incurred in connection with the business of lending money at a rate usurious under State or Federal law." Castrillo v. Am. Home Mortg. Servicing, Inc., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 106909 (E.D. La. Nov. 16, 2009)

This??? ^^^^^^^^^

Collection of Unlawful Debt Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
Do you think anyone was taking side bets on demo derby? horse racing? *advertiser censored* fights? dog fights?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member