OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty, there is a photo on the Internet of RN coming out of that church building, some time before the arrests, I'm sure. KE was the poster. Please delete if this is not supposed to be shared. TY

I was referring to her not going to Crystal Springs - the nursing home she owns, not the church. Prosecutor Canepa today argued that to her knowledge FW had not been to the nursing home in about 3 years.

From your link:

Prosecutors requested three weeks to investigate Wagner's connections to the church and business. Canepa told Deering they've heard Wagner may no longer attended the church and hasn't been working at the business in as many as three years and want to look into it before responding to the request.
BBM

Also agree with Canepa on this point:

Canepa also raised concerns relating to Newcomb's request to be able to travel to feed her animals which she'd first heard about on Thursday.

"It's just real hard to document how long she's going to be there ... It starts to begin to defeat the purpose of house arrest with this kind of modification," Canepa said.

BBM

Prosecution will research the request and get back to the judge. Most of these motions will be ruled on before the end of January, according to Judge Deering today.

She absolutely needs to go at the farm but does know how many horses left there. That was convincing.

She said one had just died, iirc. She appeared frail, I wonder if she’s even capable to throw hay bales, chop ice from water tanks & other chores. She might simply want out & about.

Last edited:
BETTYP... apologies. Am on a tropical paradise with Hubby and he is furious I brought my laptop. Miss all of my citizen sleuths.... and only 27 pages to go to catch up. But you all are so good, I love to read your posts very slowly and think about each one. Buh-bye, IQ
I took a screenshot of this document, filed in Dec 2018. This where I found the framework of LE interviews. Hope this works!! Yahoo...it did!
upload_2019-1-10_22-9-12.jpeg

BETTYP... apologies. Am on a tropical paradise with Hubby and he is furious I brought my laptop. Miss all of my citizen sleuths.... and only 27 pages to go to catch up. But you all are so good, I love to read your posts very slowly and think about each one. Buh-bye, IQ
I took a screenshot of this document, filed in Dec 2018. This where I found the framework of LE interviews. Hope this works!! Yahoo...it did!
View attachment 163647
Need to add to timeline: May 13, 2016 (yep Friday the 13th) VIDEO INTERVIEW of JW.
That is definitely the one I want to hear and view. I want to see how he handles himself and of course, his acting skills. (The dates are on copy of doc's I posted above.) But, a great time line....I am captivated!

Sorry, if this has been posted, but I'm behind about 300 plus post here.... :(

But just in case you haven't seen it! :)

Next hearing for:

GW4:
03/22/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...rC9Tkj8N7JwJSaOuc6lQA8eR4IFEc6zURUa*5jmOJqnlw

FW:
03/28/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...rC9Tkj8N7JwJeO8ScWzfyVlAm03di3TdzaAtvYIXt3nUw

RN:
03/28/2019 10:00 AM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...rC9Tkj8N7JwJUdOlbJrh8OYqoGFQq2CGDolqhbWH7tBCQ

I didn’t see the vests listed in the W indictment as one of the purchases. Did I overlook it? Could le not link the vests to the murders? Jmo

Need to add to timeline: May 13, 2016 (yep Friday the 13th) VIDEO INTERVIEW of JW.
That is definitely the one I want to hear and view. I want to see how he handles himself and of course, his acting skills. (The dates are on copy of doc's I posted above.) But, a great time line....I am captivated!

Thanks! I'll add it. Thanks for the doc. This looks like it's part of recent discovery files. Yes, it will be interesting to see how JW behaves at his next hearing.

Yes raising roosters for cockfighting.

I see the lil huts, with roosters tied to them, all throughout this region. They aren't being raised for family pets. It is what it is. FR had *advertiser censored* fighting video on his FB, and a place from out of country to get the supplements to get them prepped for the ring. He was either taking them someplace to fight, or raising and selling them for the ring. It's not that hard to figure out.

Most important is securing a conviction of the alleged murderer's - her son, DIL and grandsons. They're dangerous killers who wandered around the US and lived freely for the last 2+ years. The public deserves to be protected from dangerous killers like the W's.

If FW's lawyer manages to get her acquitted, so be it. She can sit up on FWF for the rest of her days thinking about how she probably raised a family of murderous thugs. She can live with public scorn and rejection.

Just like the parents of Chris Watts, the mother of Ted Bundy and many other mothers of brutal killers. It's not a club anyone wants to be a member of, but some have handled it better than others.

JMO

BBM
G3 is her only family member accused of this crime. Her other son, and her daughter, seem to have lead decent lives. She may not have even known about the purchases. Dudly produced an Amazon receipt of some sort. My friend has an account that was set to auto login. A grandchild got on the account and order just shy of $1k in items. No one noticed til said items started showing up at the house.

We wear them trail riding during hunting season.
When I jumped horses I wore won.
I have a friend that is a manager on a t-bred stud farm, any person handling a stud on his farm is required to wear one.
I have a rude reining horse that likes to run full speed ahead, then slide to a stop, if I go in his paddock, I always wear one. I have a level IV. I do have my FFL but didn’t provide it when I purchased mine.
My main dog wears one if she follows us on trails.
Idk if RW & FW use BPVs around their stud horses, or not.
I'd not fault anyone from wearing them around a nasty horse, or hunting season. I've been bitten by a flighty mare, and my cousin actually lost a good chunk of meat, from a stud bite.

Teachers and kids probably need to wear them.

They were designing book bags with plates in them. Not sure how that took off.

Yea, we need to know the sizes. It’s not clear what her lie regarding the vests is. She must have been confident in her answer to the GJ, if she answered w/o stepping out to confer with her attorney. I doubt she went to the proceedings alone. I would think he advised her to request pause to confer with him, before answering questions.
Moo

Q: Who attends the grand juries?

ANSWER ↕

A: While the prosecutor is presenting their case, the grand jurors, court reporter, prosecutor, and prosecutor’s witnesses are present. Witnesses are only present during their own testimony.

The accused person is not present unless he or she is called as a witness. They do not have a right to have their attorney present even if called as a witness. Not even a judge is present in the grand jury room, although a judge will be contacted if a witness refuses to answer a question and the prosecutor wishes to cite the witness for contempt.

After the conclusion of the prosecutor’s case, the jury deliberates. Grand jury deliberations are completely private, and no one outside of the 9-person grand jury may attend.

https://www.acluohio.org/ohio-grand-juries-faq

I see the lil huts, with roosters tied to them, all throughout this region. They aren't being raised for family pets. It is what it is. FR had *advertiser censored* fighting video on his FB, and a place from out of country to get the supplements to get them prepped for the ring. He was either taking them someplace to fight, or raising and selling them for the ring. It's not that hard to figure out.
The thing about this is:
1.) The fact that it has not been proven those chickens were used to fight.
2.) It apparently has nothing to do with this case but keeps getting brought up over and over. Why?

Thanks, but JMO, this stuff really isn't relevant to the case, unless it had something to do with the murders.

Were the W's involved in cockfighting, perhaps? Was FR growing these roosters to sell to the Wagners? I suppose that's possible. I hadn't considered that.

Perhaps that's what they're using the church for on Flying W Farms when church isn't in session. Is that why FR wants to get a waiver from her "house arrest"? So she can attend the cockfighting games because she doesn't trust anyone else to handle the money?

Perhaps Fred Wagner's family was raising their own roosters and killed FR because they wanted to eliminate competition

If so, W's should be investigated for those crimes, too and arrested if there's evidence.

All JMO. I'm just continuing the speculation about how raising roosters might be related to the arrest of members of the W family murder of 8 people.

Last edited:
BBM
G3 is her only family member accused of this crime. Her other son, and her daughter, seem to have lead decent lives. She may not have even known about the purchases. Dudly produced an Amazon receipt of some sort. My friend has an account that was set to auto login. A grandchild got on the account and order just shy of $1k in items. No one noticed til said items started showing up at the house.

Her two grandsons are not considered family members?

If her Amazon account was used to buy items used to commit crimes, she could be innocent of even knowing they were purchased?
Therefore innocent of wrongdoing? Not sure what you are saying.

Maybe she lied about whither the vests were in her home or not the night of the murders. I would assume the date is known when they were purchased and le probably were told they have been in the house ever since. If I were le or the prosecutor I would ask “do u know if the vests were here the night of the murders?”.

Welcome Howcan! It may be that she didn't know that they were there. Just b/c you live in a home, doesn't mean you know everything that's in it. I have had my home searched. It's not a super great feeling. Very embarrassing, and demeaning, and I personally felt as if I should shower afterwards. My kids could have snuck something by me, and hidden it behind a dresser, or in a box under their bed. I only have two eyes, and so many hours in the day. Thankfully, my search ended up with nothing. I was pretty diligent though. Another friend was so oblivious, to the real world, that she had no idea why her adult son had bent spoons in his room, and was stealing all of her spoons. Some folks just can't put 2+2 together.

Welcome Howcan! It may be that she didn't know that they were there. Just b/c you live in a home, doesn't mean you know everything that's in it. I have had my home searched. It's not a super great feeling. Very embarrassing, and demeaning, and I personally felt as if I should shower afterwards. My kids could have snuck something by me, and hidden it behind a dresser, or in a box under their bed. I only have two eyes, and so many hours in the day. Thankfully, my search ended up with nothing. I was pretty diligent though. Another friend was so oblivious, to the real world, that she had no idea why her adult son had bent spoons in his room, and was stealing all of her spoons. Some folks just can't put 2+2 together.

True, you have a point. But it seems unlikely they prosecutors would have brought perjury and obstruction of justice charges against her unless they could prove FW knew of such a scenario. Safe to assume they did their homework. JMO

It's tempting to speculate about a lot of this and there's no way to avoid it, but we'll have to be patient and wait for the details to emerge. For now, all the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty and the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley are all still dead.

Q: Who attends the grand juries?

ANSWER ↕

A: While the prosecutor is presenting their case, the grand jurors, court reporter, prosecutor, and prosecutor’s witnesses are present. Witnesses are only present during their own testimony.

The accused person is not present unless he or she is called as a witness. They do not have a right to have their attorney present even if called as a witness. Not even a judge is present in the grand jury room, although a judge will be contacted if a witness refuses to answer a question and the prosecutor wishes to cite the witness for contempt.

After the conclusion of the prosecutor’s case, the jury deliberates. Grand jury deliberations are completely private, and no one outside of the 9-person grand jury may attend.

https://www.acluohio.org/ohio-grand-juries-faq

Dudly, maybe OH is dif’. Many states allow a witness to have their attorney outside the proceedings, in the corridor. Later, I’ll find info regarding OH. I know KY, MI & WI used to allow a witness to pause, ask their att for advice before answering. Again , the attys is NOT with them to object, cross examine, etc.

Maybe this: Testifying Before a Grand Jury

I don’t know if she is guilty of lying or not yet, but the charge is over one lie. If the bpv was purchased for the murders why only two and not four. I think they are basically arguing over when they were purchased. Jmo

I've wondered, by the way the indictments are written, if it was only two, who went that night. The indictments read, to me, that they don't know, exactly, who did what, where, or to whom.

I've wondered, by the way the indictments are written, if it was only two, who went that night. The indictments read, to me, that they don't know, exactly, who did what, where, or to whom.

Or possibly only two were the designated shooters. The others may have been along to help in other ways - to control the dogs, remove security systems, clean up evidence, stand outside as a lookout, etc.

We do not know if the roosters were raised for cockfighting or not. The only ones who can tell us that are dead.

I read an article about game roosters that were raised and sold at flea markets and farmers markets. The people that bought them used their feathers in jewelry and hats and other articles they then sold. Apparently, but I am not sure in all cases, the rooster must be killed to get the feathers.

JMO

Most important is securing a conviction of the alleged murderer's - her son, DIL and grandsons. They're dangerous killers who wandered around the US and lived freely for the last 2+ years. The public deserves to be protected from dangerous killers like the W's.

If FW's lawyer manages to get her acquitted, so be it. She can sit up on FWF for the rest of her days thinking about how she probably raised a family of murderous thugs. She can live with public scorn and rejection.

Just like the parents of Chris Watts, the mother of Ted Bundy and many other mothers of brutal killers. It's not a club anyone wants to be a member of, but some have handled it better than others.

JMO

Fred lost her right to claim innocence the day she lied to the GJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth