OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Sheriff Reader would agree with you because this is Reader's opinion too:

"The judge acknowledged the unusual circumstances of the matter, and said everyone must proceed with care....."
    "He pointed out more than once, however, that the killers did seem to purposely spare the children."

"Reader disagreed, saying that even though the children weren't shot, and given the age of especially the newborn, they very well could have died, too, if the scenes had not been quickly discovered."

And I have to agree with the discussion on here that there was no guarantee that BJM would discover the crime scenes as early as she did. Even then, the babies and toddler had been left alone for at least 4 hours.
    Pike County sheriff: Rhoden children still in danger

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    8paws, Bluedaisy100, superbee and 6 others like this.

2. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Cool Cats thank you for that link. Were those two vests found on the first raid then? Do you think her lying about them to Grand Jury is her obstruction charge?

Ann99 and Cool Cats like this.
  3. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I have no working computer right now so am only on my phone. Can't real download a lot but I'm making a nice list of links!

4. Cool Cats

The way they are mentioned sounds like the BV's were likely found together in GW3's bedroom in Fred's house, May 2017. I thought her farm was raided only once, not counting the records taken of her business purchases/expenses.

Yes the Prosecution said in court that Fred's only lies under oath were about the bullet proof vests.

So they took lying about the vests and made it into 2 charges, perjury and obstruction. She allegedly lied about the vests which then
    hinders the investigation, making it obstruction.

If the only evidence they have to present at trial is just her GJ testimony, then I think she has a good chance of beating the charges.

Her attorney already showed his hand, that she is "hard of hearing" and "didn't understand the questions." If she can prove at trial that she actually is hard of hearing that could potentially hold sway with the jury making them feel she's not guilty beyond that reasonable doubt threshold.

8paws, Bluedaisy100, superbee and 7 others like this.
  5. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

FW hears good in courtroom now doesn’t strain to hear anyone talking!

Bluedaisy100, superbee, Ann99 and 6 others like this.
  6. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I've been around people in the animal trades business. They can really feed you a line. Why their's is special and no one has any like them, we're giving you a special price if you give us good reviews, etc.. They can be worse than some used car salesmen...

superbee, Ann99, rsd1200 and 6 others like this.
  7. Cool Cats

Right now! But wait until she's before a jury. I can practically guarantee she 'll be "straining" to hear.

8. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think of that. Anyone that works on cars has skinned up knuckles and black and blue on their hands. Been there, done that.

rsd1200, Puzzles8, Amishcar and 2 others like this.
  9. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/1357318002

"The reports indicate he was awake when he was confronted by at least one person with a gun. Among the nine gunshot wounds he suffered was an apparent defensive wound to his right forearm that shattered bone."

8paws, Bluedaisy100, superbee and 6 others like this.
  10. Cool Cats

Who had defensive wounds? The only one I've heard of was the bullet that shattered Chris Sr's
    right forearm.

BJM described Gary and Chris Sr. as looking beaten but she did not know they had been shot, she just saw injuries and blood. (She did not see any shell casings.)

On the 911 call if she had known they were shot she would have said : "It looks like somebody shot the hell out of them"........Rather than what she did say which was: "It looks like somebody beat the hell out of them" .......My 2 Cents.......

It was never specified what kind of soft tissue bruising the coroner was referring to, and even if any of them were beaten, that doesn't mean that they were able to fight back----thus resulting in defensive wounds.

There really wasn't time for them to fight back, it happened very quickly and 4 were in bed (Chris Jr. was not in bed but probably near the bed as LM stated he had to tell LE to go back and check for him again----if I'm remembering correctly).

The perpetrators were very much in control of the crime scenes which means they wouldn't allow the victims to gain enough control to fight back. The victims never gained the upper hand, I do not believe they had any time at all to fight back.
    ....... Just My 2 Cents........

11. Been meaning to ask this question for a while but didn't wanna bring it up until someone had mentioned it. I'm curious to know what everyone's opinion is on the phone call, specifically the ending where bjm can clearly be heard saying "Oh god please don't hurt me" thoughts??

Ann99 and Cool Cats like this.
  12. The 13th

The 13th Well-Known Member

I think she says something like "gotta go check on Frankie," not "don't hurt me." JMO.

13. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

BBM
    Was this written from memory of a reporter that looked at eight autopsy reports a for few minutes? Even then it was likely an opinion of the ME or what a transcriptionist thought was meant.. Just saying, not being argumentative in any way.
    If the bullet went through the forearm and hit the upper torso or head, then very likely it was defensive. Then you can get into whether he was shot nine times or eight if a bullet went through the arm and hit his body. Was it counter as one or two hits...

14. KentuckyMama

KentuckyMama Well-Known Member

I remember watching FW during either the arraignment or pretrial. AC said that her two charges were from lying to the grand jury about the vests and also going against GJ orders to not discuss the testimony with anyone. She may have been telling the others about the questions the GJ had concerning the vests, but it's still two separate independent charges. She lied, which is perjury, and she talked about her GJ testimony against orders which is obstruction. IMO, it's not likely she can claim she was there for hours and heard nothing. She's not new to dealing with the courts. She lied, and she talked.

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/...-bond-made-rhoden-family-massacre/2010483002/

15. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I have never thought she said, "Oh, God, please don't hurt me." I thought she said, "Oh, who could have done this".

superbee, rsd1200, Puzzles8 and 2 others like this.
  16. Myland

Myland Well-Known Member

I disagree, both charges are related to the lie. At her last hearing the defense asked specifically and the prosecutor responded specifically both charges stem from the lie regarding the vests.

17. I could be wrong and if so I apologize for any confusion. I have central auditory processing disorder so it could just be me not hearing her correctly.

Puzzles8, OhioBlues, The 13th and 2 others like this.
  18. KentuckyMama

KentuckyMama Well-Known Member

Loomis124 likes this.
  19. Coloradans28

Coloradans28 Member

If CSR was killed first is it possible they took and used GR to get by dogs or gain access to others. Just a theory. Trying to figure out the gun being pressed to his head that left a mark. Then brought him back to CSR’S trailer?

superbee, Puzzles8 and Cool Cats like this.
  20. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Same here. I may not be hearing it correctly...

superbee, Puzzles8 and Cool Cats like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.