OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

During a trial, if the defense calls a witness to testify, the attorney for the opposing party, in
    this case the prosecutor, would have the opportunity to cross examination the witness. The
    witness must answer the questions, if the judge ruled against any objections. If the witness
    still will not answer, he/she will be held in contempt. This will cause major problems in
    the case for the witness as well as the defense. Pandora's Box can also be opened that reveals
    things the defense did not want known,

2. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

I thought the W4's were in AK from (roughly) 5/2017 to 5/2018? GGWII died while they were gone

August 21, 2017........He was 83.

We regret to say that George Washington Wagner Jr. passed away on 08/21/2017 and was 83 at the time. Before moving to George's last city of Lucasville, OH, George lived in Piketon OH. Sometimes George had gone by various nicknames including Geo W Wagner, Geo Wagner, George Washington Washingtonwagner and George Washington Wagner.

Birthday: 2/17/1934 - 8/21/2017
    Are dates correct?

3. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

I am not sure if you can follow this link but here is where the papers were delivered to George in South Webster.

through USPS

Tracking Number: 9414814902343537003941
    On Time
    Expected Delivery on

Thursday 11 October 2018
    See Product Information

Status
    Delivered
    October 11, 2018 at 11:02 am

Delivered

SOUTH WEBSTER, OH 45682

Delivered
    Return Receipt Electronic
    Tracking History
    Product Information

4. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Well that was a big mistake on my part! Of course he passed in 2017 not 2018! Getting the dates mixed up! I deleted that post thankx for pointing that out!

Why on earth would they move to Alaska when he's sick? Or maybe he wasn't sick yet. We don't even know if any of them came back when he passed.

5. KentuckyMama

KentuckyMama Well-Known Member

I would love to hear your opinions on the autopsies. There was so much redacted that it's hard to get much info. Of course, that's the point. Any info to help me understand the part that isn't redacted would be so very appreciated!

6. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

What about co-conspirators and not co-defendants?

7. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

There doesn't need to be a DNA sample for a John Doe to be named in a case. In a class action suit, I have seen up to 99 John Does included. They don't have DNA for 99 people...

8. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Thank you. that makes sense and was very informational...

9. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

Thoughts...Tabitha filed custody papers 9/27. Wouldn't she think her son was in Ohio, rather than Alaska?

And if GWIV stayed in AK, did he keep his son there, too? I can't believe AW would allow that.

IF he did stay, could it have been so if the others got arrested in Ohio, he would be free to take revenge?

The custody forms filed by the Mother indicated "no previous custody documents (stemming from the divorce) were on file" in the court....same as was stated with Sophia - HR and JW.

IDK. My mind is reeling.

Renee110, Alisajo, pepper 34 and 8 others like this.
  10. Cool Cats

The poster asked what I thought about the John Doe and I said that was one of my theories.

I know that a John Doe in an indictment can mean DNA, but I am not familiar with other reasons John Doe is used.

In a class action law suit you have to put John Doe because there could be more defendants to sue down the road. EDIT CHANGED TO DEFENDANTS.

So we have 2 reasons to use John Doe in an indictment. Does anyone else know why it's used?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  11. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

This brings a question to mind: Does anyone know if well locations are required to be disclosed on real estate transactions and/or auditors records? If not, where does the liability lie if a child or someone falls in and dies in one on your property?

12. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

It is because there could be other defendants added if found not other plaintiffs.

ohioexpat63 and Loomis124 like this.
  13. Gracie55

Gracie55 Well-Known Member

Could also be KR2, who was in a totally unpredictable spot that night as an "out of the blue" bbsitting gig. She was supposed to be close with her cousin and KR, KR2s dad, died.

rsd1200 and Cool Cats like this.
  14. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I think it was a sketch the health department had on record that showed an outline of the home and location of the septic tanks and well....

Ann99, superbee, Cool Cats and 2 others like this.
  15. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

Sorry about that, Betty P. I sure will. That was from Adams County Ohio Common Pleas Court. Search under Wagner, George.

Adams County Common Pleas Court - Record Search

16. Cool Cats

THankx, but I do know that a plaintiff in a civil suit can remain anonymous, for the sake of their privacy, and file the suit under John Doe.

But Thankx for pointing this out. I went back and edited my post to reflect that the defendants can be listed as a John Doe.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    bowler likes this.
  17. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

Thank you! I think I understand now. So this rule still stands, even if the witness is a co-defendent and both are being tried in murder DP cases. IIUC, no defense attorney would allow this (AW to testify on behalf of JW, etc., as the original question here.)

However, as we have seen in one of these cases, the attorney did actually bring up the fact that HE might want to talk to other codefendants in this case. I can't remember which one it was and if it was an actual motion or not. Hope you understand. I don't know legal talk, but sure wish I did!

Than you so much!

Rutledge203, Dudly and Cool Cats like this.
  18. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

JW got a speeding ticket in Alaska in Jan 2018. And in the arrest press conference, Dewine stated Spring. A neighbor in Alaska says May. See two articles below.

Ohio family charged in Rhoden murders kept low profile in Alaska, neighbor says

Family accused of Ohio massacre spent months living quietly in an Alaska mobile home

19. Cool Cats

Thankx for asking, my thoughts on this
    are:
    It is likely TB found out the Wags had moved back and thus this was a good time to amend the custody agreement, to take advantage of them being back. She would have known if George was back or not, she would have had to list his address for him to even get served at all.

No I don't believe Angela would "allow" her grandson to stay up in Alaska without her. She basically took on the mother role for the 2 grandkids and likely took care of them while the "boys" worked.

If GW4 did stay in Alaska I think it was for work and/or tying up loose ends for the family.
    I don't think it was for revenge. He would actually need to be in Ohio to take revenge on the AG, Sheriff and Special Agent.

Rutledge203, 8paws, Ann99 and 5 others like this.
  20. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Loomis. Did not know his custody case was in Adams County Court. Good to know!

Rutledge203, Dudly, rsd1200 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.