OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#45

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated summary courtesy of BettyP:

OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

"George Wagner III, his wife Angela and their two sons, George IV and Jake, are accused of killing 8 members of the Rhoden family, living in 4 different homes in Pike County, OH. Nearly all the victims were shot at point blank range, while they slept, some with infants and toddlers sleeping nearby.

While first thought to be drug related, Ohio's former Attorney General and current Governor, Mike DeWine says after a full investigation, the killings were the result of Jake Wagner's anger at Hannah Rhoden over custody of their 3 yr old daughter.

Four members of the Wagner family have been arrested on murder and other charges. The grandmothers of Hannah Rhoden's daughters, Rita Jo Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner, have been arrested on charges ranging from forgery to perjury and obstruction of justice.

So many twists and turns and Websleuths members are on top of every single thing that happens in this shocking case.

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state's northern cities."

Thank you, Harmony2! We really appreciate your help. This was a lot of work for you and we are grateful!

Friday, March 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing see below (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) –
Only for *George Washington Wagner IV (27) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
11/28/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Held without bail; waived speedy trial. Next Pretrial on 1/9/19.
1/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 3/22.
3/12/19: Attorney Richard Nash Jr., for George Wagner IV, filed a motion Monday seeking information on DNA testing in the state's case. As part of the discovery, Nash is seeking the case file, laboratory protocols, evidence chain of custody & current disposition, software used for DNA testing, data files, documentation of corrective actions for discrepancies & errors, information on lab personnel & more information. They also filed motions this month seeking funds to bring in experts & seeking to have Wagner wear civilian clothes & appear without restraints at all court proceedings. He already wore civilian clothes during a pretrial hearing in January.

Today George 4 pre-trial 1:30pm......

Watch----They streamed Angela's live but their listing today shows sports programming so I don't know if they will show GW4's pre-trial today. This is the Cincinnati Channel.

Last edited:
A while back I noticed that there is a POSSIBLE connection to parties in this case and a Tactical Gear company. It just happens I recently found an article that the owners of the gear company were indicted for falsifying labels in vests and body armour sold to the government.

Men Indicted for Providing Falsely-Labeled Body Armor

Tacprogear, LLC v. Rebekah Holding, LLC (2:18-cv-00389), Ohio Southern District Court

Connection is via a family member possibly sharing a POBox with an individual involved in a case owing TacProGear over $500k. The Bankruptcy case was moved from TX to the Southern District of OH a few months before arrests.

PO Box 157 Oak Hill OH

Sharing the info as a POSSIBLE connection to BPV's and to demonstrate labels can be falsified.

Last edited:
I think the W’s have some tricks up their sleeves for how this all will play out. MOO

Fred already played her trick. The rest, no tricks for them to play. Their cases are so complicated they likely spend most of their time having their attorneys explain it all to them, including all the Motions being filed.

Last edited:
A while back I noticed that there is a POSSIBLE connection to parties in this case and a Tactical Gear company. It just happens I recently found an article that the owners of the gear company were indicted for falsifying labels in vests and body armour sold to the government.

Tacprogear, LLC v. Rebekah Holding, LLC (2:18-cv-00389), Ohio Southern District Court

Connection is via a family member possibly sharing a POBox with an individual involved in a case owing TacProGear over $500k. The Bankruptcy case was moved from TX to the Southern District of OH a few months before arrests.

PO Box 157 Oak Hill OH

Sharing the info as a POSSIBLE connection to BPV's and to demonstrate labels can be falsified.

Jackson, Ohio is 31 miles from Piketon and Oak Hill is 41 miles.

I think it's relevant that GW4 had a traffic violation when he was in his 20's because his lawyer said at his bond hearing that he didn't have any.

QUOTE: "I'm not sure if the court's aware but Mr. Wagner has no prior record WHAT-SO-EVER including traffic offenses."
In that instance good point- thanks
It was in Jackson OH in 2012. I think he had a few others, but I would have to go back and look later.

PO Box 157 Oak Hill OH

WOW! What a find! TY for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member