OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid questions Toralei. I honestly think that 2-3 of the murder locations were close enough that one could hear the gunshots when they started from any of the locations. With multiple victims at each of these locations, it's obvious that not all were killed while asleep. I think this would be very difficult for a single person to pull off.

I wouldn't read to much into the evidence that they had been "beaten". Post mortem bruising may have made it appear that they had been beaten even if they had only been shot. Whoever found them , unless trained, probably would not realize this.

On the 911 call she said there was blood everywhere. On the cupboards. It sounded like she said something about "drug (sic) to the bathroom" but it is hard for me to make out.

<edit> After listening again, I think she is saying "back room" not "bathroom"

I think it sounds like there was an altercation. The 911 caller also said there was "blood everywhere." Would that happen with just one gun shot to the head for each victim? I'm genuinely asking, since I have no experience with guns/shootings.

Also, I noticed that in an article quoted above, Kenneth Rhoden made the second 911 call. Isn't he now deceased, or are there two?

I think it sounds like there was an altercation. The 911 caller also said there was "blood everywhere." Would that happen with just one gun shot to the head for each victim? I'm genuinely asking, since I have no experience with guns/shootings.

Also, I noticed that in an article quoted above, Kenneth Rhoden made the second 911 call. Isn't he now deceased, or are there two?

The NBC article is incorrect.

Kenneth Rhoden was the deceased at the Left Fork Road location, not the caller.

As word of the killings spread Friday morning, Donald Stone, like many other Pike County residents, decided to go check on his cousin Kenneth Rhoden, who lived on Left Fork Road, only a few miles away from Union Mill Road.

His call to 911, measured and calm, brought a equally grim finding.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/23/ohio-shooting/83426918/

Okay so based on ages of victims Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden, and Chris Rhoden Sr. were brothers?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

When I first heard about this yesterday, I thought that it was a family member that was responsible and was sure that the killer was among one of the dead . But after learning of the 8th victim , 30 miles away.... It made me think of an organized plot to take out this family . I'm not so sold on the suspect being family now. I think more than one person planned this massacre.
Did they say about what time the killings took place ? I know it was possibly in the middle of the night.
My mind continues to go towards drugs- some sort of revenge .

Feom what I've seen, thr Rhoden family is pretty big and not just in that small town. I saw some criminal records posted yesterday, most were traffic violations but one of the dead did have some drug type arrests. Seems there are a lot of this family in the town and on surrounding areas and surrounding states. From my searching yesterday, many seemed to be involved in selling items online, which involved the junkyard also. Some of the family have mentioned that the cops might have told. Them other family members could be in danger. It seems all the Rhodens in the area and there are a lot, are related.

The names of all the victims have now been confirmed. GR and KR are Gary and Kenneth Rhoden.

My first instinct was that it was an angry, male family member that had finally snapped. But I also thought an arrest would be pretty quick. It seems that if that were the case, everyone would know who the killer was. But as time goes on, I am leaning in other possible directions. :fence:

I just can't believe they don't know who did this yet. This is an absolutely horrific story.

The Daily Mail, a British newspaper, is saying this murder might be due to a demolition car rivalry. They claim family members have floated this theory. Has anyone else heard of this?

I just can't believe they don't know who did this yet. This is an absolutely horrific story.
We don't know what LE knows or doesn't. I would imagine processing one crime scene is difficult enough let alone four. They haven't said anything about items taken or missing, they haven't really said much of anything. But that doesn't mean they know nothing, jmo.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Daily Mail, a British newspaper, is saying this murder might be due to a demolition car rivalry. They claim family members have floated this theory. Has anyone else heard of this?

I haven't read anything about this but one of the guys has demolition derby pics on their FB.

Seriously? An entire family wiped out over demolition derby? Or do they mean another business? Either way that's insane. Those poor kids...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here's the link:
Johnny Gambill, whose wife Lorretta was first cousin to Dana Lynn Rhoden, 37, said: &#8216;Some of us have been talking about the jealousy that Frankie had faced over his car.

&#8216;It was worth more than $3,000 and that made some people jealous around Piketon.&#8217;

Gambill, a trash collector, added: ' My wife had spoken to Dana about it and we feel today that could be the reason because there ain&#8217;t nothing else that seems what it could it be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46h5rLZf2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member