OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read the FBI are on standby if needed - they are not involved at this point.

Where's Hanna's daughter, she's the mother with the four day old baby. Her brother and gf had the two boys, so that makes four kids. The media is only saying three children, that includes the infant. Maybe they mean three children and that includes the infant. Something like this is just revenge, or they're dealing with another Alyssa Bustamante gone absolute serial killer. There has to be something that's happened before, some type of warning. I can't see someone doing all of this, without some type of incident beforehand.

Off topic, there is a huge opiate addiction problem in Southern Ohio. I saw a TV show called Drug something and it was shot close to this area.
Since it is execution style, could it be somehow related to drugs?

Where's Hanna's daughter, she's the mother with the four day old baby. Her brother and gf had the two boys, so that makes four kids. The media is only saying three children, that includes the infant. Maybe they mean three children and that includes the infant. Something like this is just revenge, or they're dealing with another Alyssa Bustamante gone absolute serial killer. There has to be something that's happened before, some type of warning. I can't see someone doing all of this, without some type of incident beforehand.

I was wondering too where the little girl is. Maybe she's at her dad's? That's just me assuming things though. I wish they would at least mention if she's safe and accounted for.

Off topic, there is a huge opiate addiction problem in Southern Ohio. I saw a TV show called Drug something and it was shot close to this area.
Since it is execution style, could it be somehow related to drugs?

I first wondered if maybe someone came to rob them and kill all witnesses but I don't think that is it because there were multiple houses involved in the crime scenes. It almost seems more personal than a robbery. Unless maybe robbers went to house 1 and were not happy with what they got and then decided to rob house 2 and 3 too.

I don't know. I think I have to outrule robbery at this point because of the multiple houses involved. It seems very personal. Like maybe someone that had a serious beef with the family or something.

Just hope LE arrests the perp(s) quickly. This is really sad. :(

Meth is prevalent too in lot of rural areas.
We fought that battle for a long time in MS before Pseudoephedrine became prescription only. The small time cooks dried up pretty quick. It was nothing to shoot two or three lab fires a week in ares where their was a high density of meth users. Covered a scene where two firefighters got blown out of a house when the hidden lab went up. After the ban the fires and hazmat situations dropped off but their was an influx of organized trafficking of meth from Mexico. Whole different set of problems from the small time guys.

Meths cheap and the users only care about another hit. Can't see a user eliminating a family even if they got ripped off unless it was big time and that does not seem to fit here. The level of violence suggest that this was personal and had a decent level of sophistication. I would lean more on the side that someone in the family is a CI or witness to organized trafficking if this is drug related.

The father,ex husband, and teen both have the name Chris. I don't think the parents would've been killed over drug dealings, unless that was the threat, and they carried it out. This would be really bad dealers in that case. In Florida that happens, I remember this story.. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fla-couple-killed-home-5-kids-cops-article-1.2286379 It was a home invasion, they killed both parents and 5 kids were in the home unharmed. Later they caught them, police said it wasn't random, they went in for drugs and money. However, with the Rhoden family it seems like an execution carried out while they slept.

I think that the motive is hatred and revenge. It seems that the killer (or killers) is angry with the family as a whole.
Perhaps the perpetrator is a person who feels that the family has treated him (or her) badly, and is out for revenge.
The murders seem very deliberate, and must have been planned. For example, the perpetrator
could be an ex of one of the family members.

Although there seems to be a meth problem in that reason, so far I have not gotten the impression that drugs played
any big role.

I grew up near there and spent quite a bit of time there in my teen years.

News reports are scattered, very little info. They aren't saying much about the shooter, but the school lockdowns have been lifted. I have heard there were two adults and 5 kids killed, but I have also heard 2 kids were sent to the hosp. Two of the kids involved were reportedly infants, 1 was 6 mos old and 1 was only 5 days old.
I grew up near there went to High School at West Union High School, I then moved back to the Portsmouth area.

I heard from several friends this may be related to Heroin from Mexico

Meths cheap and the users only care about another hit. Can't see a user eliminating a family even if they got ripped off unless it was big time and that does not seem to fit here. The level of violence suggest that this was personal and had a decent level of sophistication. I would lean more on the side that someone in the family is a CI or witness to organized trafficking if this is drug related.

Ya, this is where I'm going with it too.

Hopefully more facts will come out soon....manhunt is underway.

Possibly another case of ignored mental health issues.Could have used a knife or other object,just saying.

How often are spree and mass killings committed by people wielding knives as opposed to wielding guns? This 'could have used a knife' retort from gun apologists is getting stale.

At first I thought this would be family related but now I am not so sure. It seems if it was a family member they would have them in custody by now. Other family members would already know if there was some kind of unrest or feud going on between someone in the family and those who were killed.

I am now beginning to wonder if this is connected to drugs. I hope I am wrong.

I don't see these murders as personal now that I think about it some more. Knives, bludgeoning weapons,strangulation or being beaten to death, etc., are up close and personal methods to murder someone. An execution style murder is much more sterile and devoid of personal emotions. There is no wrestling or touching the victims. They simply walk up to the victim and shoot them in the head and go onto the next victim.

So this makes me think about a case that happened in Georgia a few years back when the entire family were all murdered execution style. In that case the children were also murdered. The suspects turned out to be drug dealers from Texas. The mom and dad had testified in a criminal case in Texas against one of the drug dealers. Once they had testified the police helped them relocate to Georgia but the drug dealers found them and killed them all. They were all shot in the head just like all of these victims.

If it is due to drugs I believe there is more than one suspect. They each may have converged on each home at the same time and then met back up in order to leave.

I have read this part where they all lived has been hard hit by the economy so was this a way to make a living for some of them by selling drugs? If it is drug related the police already have to know about this family. They have plenty of informants that can tell them if they were involved in drug dealing or not.

No matter what the motive may turnout to be it is still such a sad and tragic case and the suspect/s need to be caught ASAP so they cant do this again to some other family.

IMO

According to DeWine, agents from his Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) have been asked to lead the investigation at the request of Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader. “More than a dozen agents from BCI’s Special Investigations Unit, Crime Scene Unit, Criminal Intelligence Unit, and Cyber Crimes Unit have responded to the scene,” DeWine reported. “Multiple other agencies are assisting BCI and Pike County at the crime scenes.” Those agencies include The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and Ross County Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.timesjournal.com/news/article_8e9a97c4-af38-5aee-a77e-10e76294f73f.html

How often are spree and mass killings committed by people wielding knives as opposed to wielding guns? This 'could have used a knife' retort from gun apologists is getting stale.

I know you hate firearms Montjoy, and I respect that, but I have never seen one person apologize for being law abiding gun owners. Apologize for what?

However, many multiple victims have been murdered by other methods other than a firearm. There are eight victims here. The same amount of victims were murdered by Guy Heinz Jr when he bludgeoned to death 8 family members. What this shows is when someone is hell bent on doing heinous acts against multiple victims it can and is done by whatever weapon of choice they decided to choose.

What truly matters is catching this person or persons so justice can be done.

IMO

I don't see these murders as personal now that I think about it some more. Knives, bludgeoning weapons,strangulation or being beaten to death, etc., are up close and personal methods to murder someone. An execution style murder is much more sterile and devoid of personal emotions. There is no wrestling or touching the victims. They simply walk up to the victim and shoot them in the head and go onto the next victim.
IMO

So true, this is very sterile, shot in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf