OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a timeline yet? Got it, nevermind!

I saw on, I believe, Chris Rhoden's Facebook page that he was into demolition cars. Could that cause someone to kill him and 7 family members? Idk. I hope not. But is there a 'good' reason for a crime like this?!

Dirt track and derby circles are pretty close. Can't imagine anything like this coming from even the worst rivalry on the track. Fist fights yea. Systematic extermination of an entire famIly not so much.

Thanks. This article also states that the 16 yr old boy was found at the intersection of Left Fork Rd and OH 772

A fourth crime scene with an eighth victim, a 16-year-old boy, was established near Left Fork Road's intersection with OH 772 in Pike County.

Looking at a map, it appears he must have been at the Left Fork Rd residence and ran away. He was abt 7 miles from the other 2 crime scenes on Union Hill Rd.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/4077+Union+Hill+Rd,+Peebles,+OH+45660/799+Left+Fork+Rd,+Rarden,+OH+45671/@38.9713202,-83.2174028,2275m/am=t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x8846ddbe0cfeaec3:0x3012565ea1d5fb8c!2m2!1d-83.2736741!2d39.0187155!1m5!1m1!1s0x8846e62f6e7b6dcd:0x68bfb89e40002d91!2m2!1d-83.1975298!2d38.964028

I think whatever happened was over pretty quick. Not many people could hit that house where their is known adults with firearms and do something like this without turning the front yard into a two way rifle range. In my opinion If you had a perp or perps who made a dynamic entry on 4 homes without a scratch then that person or persons havs been on a stack before.

The Daily Mail, a British newspaper, is saying this murder might be due to a demolition car rivalry. They claim family members have floated this theory. Has anyone else heard of this?

I see Hanna's BF was into this sort of thing as well. But it really seems far-fetched for a motive to me.

From media reports at first they thought everyone was killed in bed execution style, and the kids were killed. Then they said some were in bed, the children weren't hurt, now we find out about Chris and Gary. They're just feeding out a little at a time. SMH I feel so bad for all the people living in that area, they probably don't know what to think.

At the 4pm press conference yesterday, officials said some were in bed and some were not. All were shot in the head.

Thanks. This article also states that the 16 yr old boy was found at the intersection of Left Fork Rd and OH 772

Looking at a map, it appears he must have been at the Left Fork Rd residence and ran away. He was abt 7 miles from the other 2 crime scenes on Union Hill Rd.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/407...8bfb89e40002d91!2m2!1d-83.1975298!2d38.964028

I still feel like he was killed in a residence and not outside. The way that is worded is odd. I haven't heard anyone from LE say a crime scene was on the road or something. They implied it was at 4 different homes, I think.

Just listened to the 911 calls. The female - she sounds terrified. I can't even imagine. Poor woman. The fact that she said they looked beat up makes me wonder if they weren't actually beat but shot with a weapon that would make it very gruesome.

Mr. Stone that called sounded much more calm. And this looks like it was after things had hit the news. I wonder if he specifically was going to check on relatives or something.

Kenneth Rhoden, according to Pike county records, had arrests for violating a protective order. Dana Rhoden had been arrested for domestic violence and resisting arrest in 2000. She plead to the latter and the former charge was dropped. She was, however, ordered no contact with April Crabtree (who subsequently married Dana's brother James). After serving 5 years probation, she was charged with domestic violence in 2006. Chris' father Clarence was convicted of gross sexual imposition. Maybe some of this history has a bearing on the case.

Could the killer have been abused by someone in the family and felt that these people were responsible for covering it up? Maybe they left the little ones alive because they felt there was no one left to let any abuse continue?

PURELY SPECULATIVE... JUST A, WHAT IF? Not saying this happened.

Just trying to think out of the box and away from a drug related hit.

I am surprised no arrest this morning. With a crime so brazen and multiple crime scenes, there is surely good evidence left behind. I would think anyone with this kind of a grudge against an entire family would not be able to keep that hate to himself. People must know who would want them all dead.

ETA Remember a case near Houston just last year where an entire family was killed , save one, by a disgruntled ex husband .

Exactly what I said in an earlier post. I think even if it turns out that the shooter wasn't a family member I think with this much hate towards the Rhoden family someone knew.

This is the current list of inmates in Pike County jail. There are two without charges or bond yet. May not mean anything but it's been that way most of today.

http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?page_id=893

Did you notice that one of the inmates without charges is friends with a relative of the Victims and from Chillicothe, Ohio? Interesting...

Also, does anyone know who of the blood family is still living? No names. Just... sisters, brothers?

IMO the news reports of the 16 y.o. found on Left Fork are incorrect.

The Sheriff & AG both reported 7 bodies at 3 sites on Union Hill Road. This had to include Chris Jr. because the 4th location was not reported until after they released the above information. The 4th location was the Left Fork location and was clearly Kenneth as stated in the 911 recording.

SBM for relevance ...

I think so too... only other explanation would be if the person/s used a silencer.
Anyone who has ever used a can will tell you that action movies and video games have screwed up public perception of suppressor's. The things are not THAT quiet. Add on the fact that a round hitting flesh and bone is not quet as well. This was violence of action vs stealth.

Chrystal meth and alcohol.

That's the only combination I know of that would send someone into this kind of rage after a night of sitting in someone's house.

Chrystal meth and alcohol.

That's the only combination I know of that would send someone into this kind of rage after a night of sitting in someone's house.

But would they go to other houses as well? Even one (or three, depending on where it started) that is out of the way and not right next door?

(Not saying they wouldn't - I don't know. Hence the question. ;) )

Also, does anyone know who of the blood family is still living? No names. Just... sisters, brothers?

I don't have a complete list, but who I know so far is still living:
CR1: two brothers, 4 sisters, one mother?, 4 grandchildren
DR: at least one brother, 2 sisters, one father, 4 grandchildren
CFR:: two minor children
HMR: two minor children
CR2: No surviving immediate family
KR: two brothers, 4 sisters, at least 1 child, probable grandchildren
GR: No idea

I think whatever happened was over pretty quick. Not many people could hit that house where their is known adults with firearms and do something like this without turning the front yard into a two way rifle range. In my opinion If you had a perp or perps who made a dynamic entry on 4 homes without a scratch then that person or persons havs been on a stack before.

Or maybe they were let in, or had ways to get in (like a key), because they were someone who was either expected to be there, or trusted to be there, or not really surprising that they might be there. Like if my next-door neighbor went berserk and came over to gun us down, I'd let her in if she was knocking at the door even in the middle of the night because I don't have any reason to think she'd do that. And she has a key, just because she's trusted for emergencies. We'd be dead before we even knew what was happening.

Not saying this did happen of course, but it seems like another possibility.

Post #347 transcript from Chilliclothe gazette "I just went in hollering at him, and checked if he was alright and I LOOKED UP at him and he had a gunshot wound", the man said.

This has struck me as a bit strange,why would he look up? Mr Stone on finding KR when he went to check on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nena_Kellye