OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Manley's have any claim on anything, unless they can get part of what would have been Chris Jr's inheritance.

I've looked and I can't find where that property that DR was on, was deeded into her name, nor her's and CR1's. HR's & FR's children would most likely be the heirs on property that was solely in CR1's name wouldn't they? IANAL just guessing. In other words, I do not see property as a motive at all.

I agree, it's probably her habit (and she all but says so). It's not worth parsing for hidden meaning, IMO. ;)
Her saying love you is normal....saying be careful justhe strikes me all wrong

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Her saying love you is normal....saying be careful justhe strikes me all wrong

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

She was with FR for a number of years. She knew he ran demolition derby, probably had some mean-as$ chickens, rode ATVs, drove like a 20 year old kid does, whatever...she didn't mean "be careful because someone might kill you in the middle of the night." Do you honestly think she would have left BR there if she thought something was up? That makes no sense.

I've looked and I can't find where that property that DR was on, was deeded into her name, nor her's and CR1's. HR's & FR's children would most likely be the heirs on property that was solely in CR1's name wouldn't they? IANAL just guessing. In other words, I do not see property as a motive at all.
I think you are right. I think the only uncertainty might be if they know for sure that Chris Sr. and Dana were killed before Chris Jr., then I suppose Chris Jr. at that point would of inherited 1/3 of their estates. Since Chris Jr. had no heirs then there could be a fight over his 1/3. But a few posts back someone mentioned that they thought in Ohio, that his heirs would be nieces and nephews, so it might be a moot point.

Originally Posted by evelezrn
I see 2 potential scenarios that could make the land (acreage) in question interesting and appealing to other parties.

Scenario1
The land contains assets OR future potential for profit known to only a few insiders. This would make the land very appealing to people who want the land for financial gain.

Scenario 2.
That land contained something decades ago that was detrimental to the health of those who lived/worked in that area which has caused permanent damage. In that case land may be changing hands by the party who is attempting to HIDE the land and it's secrets or cover it up before it costs then millions in lawsuits.
ANYONE GET MY DRIFT?
It would seem scenario #2 would drive the price down, not up, if I understand correctly?
Thanks

YES Scenario 2 would decrease property values except those disposing of and protecting the secret would be compensated abundantly. JMHO

As to potential scenario #1 in my post..... If legislation passed to legalize a certain substance, WHO would produce it? WHERE would it be physically cultivated? How would compensation and profit be arranged? What if there were people who kinda knew "in advance" and had time to make long-term plans to produce and profit from something which is currently not legal but very likely come legal?

I've heard the old saying, the dog that barks, doesn't bite, or vice versa. (don't think the saying really pertains to dogs) It can go either way really, I wouldn't push it with a snarling barking dog.

I've been visiting and had quiet little darlings bite me on the leg as I step out the door too.

My home was emptied once, on Thanksgiving no less, my eat'em up dogs were distracted by the female dog that the thieves brought with them.

I have two pit bulls that are VERY socialized. I have an equine business and have strangers pull up for lessons or horses for sale and my girls do nothing. I used to think they would never protect me because they are so used to people coming and going. One night I was in the house lying on the couch watching (sleeping) American Idol (RIP) and one of my boarders, whom the dogs have known for years opened the door and walked in and Karma, the one I call my lovergirl went after Lori with a vengeance. Lori ran out and slammed door. I do believe Karma would have attacked her. I also believe Karma did that because we were NOT at the barn, we were in our home and I was asleep. I'm now very watchful over Karma...

Was looking at the barn in the google maps link above ^. Came across the post about the pond.^ Moved around in the google maps link and I think behind the barn to the left is possibly that pond?

Screenshot:

Y2nNSVe.jpg

this looks like the pond that far edge looks like the rock in the FB post

Recap of Week 3 Pike County developments. And investigators say their plea for video DID help bring in clips. dispatch.com/content/storie…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some mighty brave folks out there.

I have to admit, if my last name were Rhoden, or I lived around there and had video of something, I'm not sure if I wouldn't be visiting my aunt in Florida right now.

I would be terrified that there could be a leak from someone LE that would narc on me to the killers....

This is a terrifying case....

As to potential scenario #1 in my post..... If legislation passed to legalize a certain substance, WHO would produce it? WHERE would it be physically cultivated? How would compensation and profit be arranged? What if there were people who kinda knew "in advance" and had time to make long-term plans to produce and profit from something which is currently not legal but very likely come legal?

Except after the election in November, any chances of wide-spread legalization looked very slim. Ohio will pass SOMETHING but it will be very limited, and a grower's license won't be easy to get. Just because you grew it illegally doesn't mean you're a shoo-in for a legal operation. I would think it's quite contrary. The legal grow ops will be so regulated that anyone involved in any thing somewhat shady wouldn't be interested.

e9a33d06152e52df027a5bb6e117a3c8.jpg
4b9bad8c62766644aca7173cbbd29aeb.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but Chris Sr. Held the deed to 3122 Union Hill. He purchased it WITH 2920 Union Rd for a TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE of $60k.
be8ceaf0ecaab8dbdbc67c9eb7039f71.jpg

He got a mortgage for 30k of that and likely paid the other 30k in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brought over from last thread:

From Estella....

There are so many variables when growing this stuff, you can't possibly guess what they were capable of making because it fluctuates so much. If they were dealing with an indoor type area, even the wattage of their lighting systems can alter the yield of each plant. You're right about it being like farming anything else....between disease, pests and, if outdoors, weather conditions, there really is no way of knowing exactly how much profit each crop can generate at harvest.

I know DS said that when he found KR, he saw some plants in "trays" in an outbuilding of some kind. Could it be they weren't so much as harvesting it as they were selling clones to other folks for growing? My understanding is that this can be a fairly profitable thing to do. Plant genetics plays a huge roll in how its value once its harvested.....and a good clone can bring in some serious money.

Thank you for bringing up this point. (I tried to a few threads back) You don't have to grow a zillion plants to make money these days.

I think you are right. I think the only uncertainty might be if they know for sure that Chris Sr. and Dana were killed before Chris Jr., then I suppose Chris Jr. at that point would of inherited 1/3 of their estates. Since Chris Jr. had no heirs then there could be a fight over his 1/3. But a few posts back someone mentioned that they thought in Ohio, that his heirs would be nieces and nephews, so it might be a moot point.

That was me, based on the official website.

But of course, someone could have *thought* they were in line to inherit even though they weren't, and so that could still be a motive. (I doubt it actually is, but it's not an impossible theory.)

From Estella....

There are so many variables when growing this stuff, you can't possibly guess what they were capable of making because it fluctuates so much. If they were dealing with an indoor type area, even the wattage of their lighting systems can alter the yield of each plant. You're right about it being like farming anything else....between disease, pests and, if outdoors, weather conditions, there really is no way of knowing exactly how much profit each crop can generate at harvest.

I know DS said that when he found KR, he saw some plants in "trays" in an outbuilding of some kind. Could it be they weren't so much as harvesting it as they were selling clones to other folks for growing? My understanding is that this can be a fairly profitable thing to do. Plant genetics plays a huge roll in how its value once its harvested.....and a good clone can bring in some serious money.

Thank you for bringing up this point. (I tried to a few threads back) You don't have to grow a zillion plants to make money these days.

Someone also estimated they could make like $60,000 from 200 plants which is right, they could, but they could also make a hell of a lot more depending on quality. A pound of really good bud can cost you $4.5k Some plants can produce 1/2lb to 1lb if grown well. That could bring in WAY more than $60k. Of course this is before electric, soil, and all other costs, but you catch my drift.. But let's say their plants were of very good quality, they were harvesting them and getting even 1/2lb off each plant, this could bring in 400k before other costs per grow on 200 plants only. Of course we don't know what quality they were selling - what stage it was being sold in, but the profits could be FAR more than previously suggested.

She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m.: “I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: ‘Love you guys. Be careful.'” http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html#

I haven't read back on the last thread, so not sure if anyone's ask this, but why would she tell them to be careful? Did they know they were in dangerous or potential trouble? We've already assumed Dana moved closer for a reason, but it's not a normal thing to leave people with the last thought of "be careful".

"He had been inside the trailer when his father was killed in the bed, but Chelsea assumes he was on the couch like always and slept through it all." So the killers probably walked right past him, yet killed Hannah with a baby beside her, so they hit their targets ordered by someone. IMO

BTW, I'm so glad he was normally with his mother, because all this time I thought Frankie had him full time. One thing that hits me with this family even in breakups and divorce they still stayed in contact with them for the kids. I can't imagine what Chelsea is going through knowing how this could've been a whole different story. It's all so sad.

The "I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: ‘Love you guys. Be careful." is probably just something that is a common to either their family, or to the region. It's common to us. We even say it if one of us is just running up to the store and back, "See ya in a few, be careful!" It's something I grew up with hearing my grandparents, parents, my m-i-l, and, it's handed down to us saying it.

Someone also estimated they could make like $60,000 from 200 plants which is right, they could, but they could also make a hell of a lot more depending on quality. A pound of really good bud can cost you $4.5k Some plants can produce 1/2lb to 1lb if grown well. That could bring in WAY more than $60k. Of course this is before electric, soil, and all other costs, but you catch my drift.. But let's say their plants were of very good quality, they were harvesting them and getting even 1/2lb off each plant, this could bring in 400k before other costs per grow on 200 plants only. Of course we don't know what quality they were selling - what stage it was being sold in, but the profits could be FAR more than previously suggested.

Indoor ops are typically run in cycles so there is a constant supply. I don't know what they were doing or what cycles they would use but it might be split in to groups of 25 or 50 in different stages so maybe every 3 or 4 weeks you have a harvest instead of every 3 months. In that case it was probably and friends and family deal they would be selling to. There is also a long curing and drying cycle that the bud needs to go through for it to become of the highest quality (like wine or whiskey but not as long). Seed to sale is like 4 maybe 5 months. My guess is they had it stuffed with as many plants they could fit under lights, which would cause some of the plants (probably half or better) to produce extremely low yelds.

From Estella....

While 200 plants are a lot, it is by no means a get rich quick business for that number of people, it is, however, a lot of work, and a felony. Honestly, one, well-tended plant, w/a good wattage bulb, can produce about a pound.

Indoor ops are typically run in cycles so there is a constant supply. I don't know what they were doing or what cycles they would use but it might be split in to groups of 25 or 50 in different stages so maybe every 3 or 4 weeks you have a harvest instead of every 3 months. In that case it was probably and friends and family deal they would be selling to. There is also a long curing and drying cycle that the bud needs to go through for it to become of the highest quality (like wine or whiskey but not as long). Seed to sale is like 4 maybe 5 months. My guess is they had it stuffed with as many plants they could fit under lights, which would cause some of the plants (probably half or better) to produce extremely low yelds.

Probably make a few thousand per person per month. Dumping into cars, derbys, land, roosters, hunting, general cost of living and whatever else helping each other out. Odd jobs and things they did had rain days, winters and slow times as we all see. IMO it was an income supplement and much cheaper if there was personal use?

I see 2 potential scenarios that could make the land (acreage) in question interesting and appealing to other parties.

Scenario1
The land contains assets OR future potential for profit known to only a few insiders. This would make the land very appealing to people who want the land for financial gain.

Scenario 2.
That land contained something decades ago that was detrimental to the health of those who lived/worked in that area which has caused permanent damage. In that case land may be changing hands by the party who is attempting to HIDE the land and it's secrets or cover it up before it costs then millions in lawsuits.
ANYONE GET MY DRIFT?
It would seem scenario #2 would drive the price down, not up, if I understand correctly?
Thanks

YES Scenario 2 would decrease property values except those disposing of and protecting the secret would be compensated abundantly. JMHO

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member