OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was searching through photos of the places where the houses are looking for any piping or ladders that were described in one of the articles.

WHat is that one pipe contraption in the 14th picture down that looks like a giant bicycle rack. LE has police tape wrapped to it. It is some kind of contraption made of pipe and is very large.

Anybody know what that is?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-execution-style-massacre-eight-people.html

It looks like part of a tent frame

As of yet no one has said what lead up to the confrontation on Union Hill road.

This statement jumps out at me. The Rhodens were obviously involved in some sort of criminal enterprise(s). At a minimum, they were definitely involved in growing marijuana, which has still been illegal in Ohio. With the chickens, dogs, and cars they may have had their hands in other pies. I would be very surprised if there wasn't some organized gambling operations as well. The confrontation may have (probably) had something to do with these activities, but no one is talking about it because it would implicate them, even if they had nothing to do with the murders.

I was searching through photos of the places where the houses are looking for any piping or ladders that were described in one of the articles.

WHat is that one pipe contraption in the 14th picture down that looks like a giant bicycle rack. LE has police tape wrapped to it. It is some kind of contraption made of pipe and is very large.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-execution-style-massacre-eight-people.html
I *THINK* it's the skeleton for a canopy. Sort of like this one:

c2c5d02c7784a71b52e7aaba65d53ee3.jpg

They just have the frame up. The camera angle makes it look weird but there was another pic that showed it from the front.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It looks like part of a tent frame

Its a weird looking contraption isn't it. If anyone needed some extra pipe tubing that contraption sure had plenty of it on there.

My biggest concern here is the sheer number of schedules that someone had to contend with to be able to kill all 8 of these people in one night-at four different locations. It truly boggles the mind that someone unknown to them, or even casually known to them through "business", would be able to pin these people down at just the right time.

I mean, let's think about it....

Chris Sr. worked odd jobs, so he never really had a set "daily" schedule. He also traveled fairly frequently to these out of town car auctions, some of which were as far away as Michigan. On top of that, he'd just had a new grandchild and had enough going on in his life in general to keep him fairly busy.

Gary lived in Greenup, and was only down visiting Chris Sr., so if he was a target and not just an inconvenience that needed killed because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...how did anyone know he'd be there?

Frankie was known to hunt, fish, hang out with friends and go mudding, work on derby cars and (I think) worked at a saw mill as well. He had two kids...one of which he had with Hannah G....who could well have been awake at that time. This is not to mention Hannah's schedule...who anyone with a young baby knows...is wonky at best on a good day! :) Errands, errands, more errands and a TON of sleepless nights.

Dana worked an unexpected/last minute double shift that night that even she didn't know about until she arrived at work that day, so she got off WAY later than she expected to.

Hanna R. had a VERY, VERY new baby..and, again...sleepless nights. Up and down and up and down. Not to mention, I am sure sleeping arrangements in their new house had only recently been established, and were probably even stranger than normal at that time due to the new addition.

Chris Jr. was 16. I am sure he had a social life, and it has been noted that he had enough friends to keep him fairly busy.

Kenneth had a day job (I think? Though I can't recall where), and DS noted that the guy was known to get up at 5:30 in the morning to work on cars. He also went to auctions on occasion, and I'm sure he had some kind of social life since he wasn't with his wife anymore....he is a grown man, after all. :)

The variables at play here in their day to day, and even evening schedules, is ENORMOUS. So many people, all of them doing different things....however, in one night...all of them died at the hand of someone who went to their homes and systematically wiped them out. I don't think this was simply "luck" that whoever did this found them there...they knew. Somehow, they knew these people were home....

This is why I am stuck on it being someone close to that family. Not only did they know where their homes were, they knew how to get in them...they could navigate around all of those cars/animals in the dark...they knew about surveillance at some of the homes...they knew schedules...they knew about Dana's new house.

IIRC, they were all (except maybe KR) killed in the wee hours of the morning between 2:30 and 7:30. I can't prove the 2:30 due to WS rules, but I trust those here who have verified it. No matter what their schedules were, it could be presumed they would be home during those hours. Besides, not all of the victims were necessarily targets. Any others may simply have been collateral damage.

They just have the frame up. The camera angle makes it look weird but there was another pic that showed it from the front.

yeah the one side sure looks like it drops down at a sharp angle. If it is a normal A frame then I would agree about the tent type frame. That picture makes the far side look like it drops straight down.

I suppose even if it is a tent frame there sure is some spare pipe tubing if anybody needed it for anything.

A greenhouse frame.

https://www.google.com/search?q=greenhouse+frame&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3vuyDqOfMAhWK6SYKHT2yCKoQ_AUICCgC

ETA - a carport frame
[url]https://www.google.com/search?q=greenhouse+frame&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3vuyDqOfMAhWK6SYKHT2yCKoQ_AUICCgC#tbm=isch&q=carport+frame

[/URL]

It's amazing how much crime is in and around the area. I just was reading the FB page of Scioto Ohio Sheriff's Office and FWIW they do have a post on there which is a press release from the sheriff about the Newsome Murders and the "Pike County Multiple Homicide Investigation" and "at this time there is absolutely no truth to the rumor....." The page is really worth the read....

The only other thing these people have in common other than cars is the confrontation on Union Hill road. No one has ever said what lead up to that confrontation. Anger is a good motive also.

I don't know if this is allowed, so if not, please let me know. I've not seen it on here and I've followed this from day 1. Is it part of the Union Hill incident? I just found the court dates, and the circumstances, interesting.

attachment.php

Attachments

• RRA.jpg
    RRA.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 304

Looks like a frame for a small greenhouse. I have used ones like this before. You anchor it down with stakes and put clear plastic sheeting over the frame and you have a very functional (and cheap) greenhouse

I don't know if this is allowed, so if not, please let me know. I've not seen it on here and I've followed this from day 1. Is it part of the Union Hill incident? I just found the court dates, and the circumstances, interesting.

attachment.php

That was a separate incident. She was sentenced 2 days before the murders. It was a road rage incident with CRjr that ended in her slapping him. IIRC.

I really do not see the issue with the time frame to eliminate 8 people at 4 different locations, all but one are close together. I go weekly to practice shooting with three of my friends and I go through a little over 100 rounds of 9mm in about an hour. During that time, I am reloading my magazines and changing targets and waiting my turn.I would assume that the killers would have left by dawn so we can in theory say the time frame probably/possibly was a window of three hours. That is tons of time. And picking up shell casings is not a big deal either since they typically fall close by when you shoot. At least mine do and I shoot a Springfield XD Mod 2 9 mm semi-automatic handgun.

Looks like a frame for a small greenhouse. I have used ones like this before. You anchor it down with stakes and put clear plastic sheeting over the frame and you have a very functional (and cheap) greenhouse

Agree about the greenhouse type frame. Thanks everyone for explaining what that was. It makes sense since they are also having regular grows both inside and outside.

It's amazing how much crime is in and around the area. I just was reading the FB page of Scioto Ohio Sheriff's Office and FWIW they do have a post on there which is a press release from the sheriff about the Newsome Murders and the "Pike County Multiple Homicide Investigation" and "at this time there is absolutely no truth to the rumor....." The page is really worth the read....

Wish I could read it, but I can't make myself join fb. Going to search anyway to see if I can view it.

I still say, crime is on a steep uptick in the Tri-State area. Scanning the channels every night proves it to me, arson, shootings, robberies, murders. Seems like people are so strung out and delusional they think this is normal acceptable behavior, or they think they'll get away with it.

This week a wildman torched two businesses in Middleport, Ohio
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mu...ttling-apartment-building-fire-379737931.html

Tonight, authorities have a name to go with a leg found in the Ohio river last July at Washington county.
http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content...r-belonged-to-Williamstown-man-380168611.html

Heroin is rampant, overdose death rate is alarming, and many more OD deaths are unreported.

Starting June 5, WV adults can carry a concealed weapon without a permit or training. People are either going to suddenly become very polite, or it's going to be Dodge City, The Wild, Wild, West Virginia.

http://southernohiosocialtimes1.blogspot.com/2016/05/20000-worth-of-heroin-seized-in-traffic.html

Seems to me from reading the news that the LE is getting lucky lately or maybe they know exactly what they are doing, and if planned correctly the trail will eventually lead towards an indictment for a "top dog". So many possible connections, all I think is whoever is responsible must really be questioning their poker hand. LE and DA may have a good hand, let's let time take it's course and hope Justice can prevail.

Wish I could read it, but I can't make myself join fb. Going to search anyway to see if I can view it.

I still say, crime is on a steep uptick in the Tri-State area. Scanning the channels every night proves it to me, arson, shootings, robberies, murders. Seems like people are so strung out and delusional they think this is normal acceptable behavior, or they think they'll get away with it.

This week a wildman torched two businesses in Middleport, Ohio
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mu...ttling-apartment-building-fire-379737931.html

Tonight, authorities have a name to go with a leg found in the Ohio river last July at Washington county.
http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content...r-belonged-to-Williamstown-man-380168611.html

Heroin is rampant, overdose death rate is alarming, and many more OD deaths are unreported.

Starting June 5, WV adults can carry a concealed weapon without a permit or training. People are either going to suddenly become very polite, or it's going to be Dodge City, The Wild, Wild, West Virginia.

People have got really stupid in the last few years.Give them a few more drugs and see if it gets better.I raised 3 kids and none **Thank God** got into the drug scene!
I think the concealed carry isn't going to make much difference ..Criminals already conceal carry ! Always have.

This statement jumps out at me. The Rhodens were obviously involved in some sort of criminal enterprise(s). At a minimum, they were definitely involved in growing marijuana, which has still been illegal in Ohio. With the chickens, dogs, and cars they may have had their hands in other pies. I would be very surprised if there wasn't some organized gambling operations as well. The confrontation may have (probably) had something to do with these activities, but no one is talking about it because it would implicate them, even if they had nothing to do with the murders.

Your statement about the gambling rang a bell in my head. I remembered reading about a murder that involved cockfighting and the accompanying article written about the high number of homicides connected to it. Here is part of the article and I am going to try to link the article.

no other common human use or abuse of animals appears to be more closely associated with homicide than cockfighting. Not slaughter, not vivisection, not hunting and trapping, not even dogfighting, though crime data also links all of these activities to elevated murder rates––

http://www.animals24-7.org/2016/03/...-the-blood-sport-most-often-linked-to-murder/

<modsnip>

http://umbrellaofsuspicion.com/2016/05/cockfighting-in-ohio/

http://blog.humanesociety.org/wayne/2016/02/strengthen-ohio-cockfighting-law.html

I cannot link them as they are on another web page on my computer but here are the websites.

When doing a very generic search of the last name Rhoden you get 81 results. Of the 81 results, on 11 of those are Sheriff. 70 are OSP or n/a. Of the 11 Sheriff, only 6 of them are for people who were murdered. One for CR, 3 for DR and 2 for KR. The other 5 are for other Rhoden members not even immediate family. Not exactly sure when Reader came into office but of the 6 that pertained to the murdered family, the only one recent was CR in 2013. If you consider 2013 recent. Though I still don't think C. Reader was in office then. Also, a few have noted that some arrests are from a B. Reader. Of the 6, one was B. Reader for KR. B. Reader is related to C. Reader.
I don't recall the Sheriff's office saying they didn't have familiarity. I believe C. Reader worded his answer carefully to say that HE didn't.

Agree, and we all need to understand that Charlie is the sheriff, not a road deputy. In his capacity he isn't out arresting people or doling out citations, that's his deputies jobs. And really, unless it's something he has to be at a scene for, he just isn't. Mayberry RFD, Andy Taylor and Barney Fife days are gone, or are they? LOL. Reader looks so tired, and I hope all the countless hours he has spent on just this case is rewarded with charges and convictions. I imagine those first few days made he and others feel like a cat on crack.

I thought it was a frame you put plastic sheet or a tarp over for a storage area or maybe for a greenhouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley