OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find a few aspects of it unusual. The lack of any BOLO or suspect imagery or even a basic perp description.

An information lockdown as tight as I have seen on a case of this magnitude in decades.

I see billboards, but I do not see any ongoing appeals engaging the public for more information.

I don't see a lot of updates to reassure the people in the general area.

In similar heinous murder cases, investigators have often released some parts of a suspect profile if they need public support in tagging a perp. Not here.

And this: Whomever was involved in this will change because of it and that change will be observable to family, close associates and or intimate partners. Perhaps he or she will abruptly leave the area or increase the use of intoxicants/sedatives or become withdrawn. Cases like this have been solved by querying people on changes in friends' behaviors. Sort of surprised they have not reached out more in that area. Or, could be it's solved and they do not need further public assistance and are waiting for the labs to make the public disclosures.

Here only as an interested observer. No connection to this in any way.

Very very well said ..... in regards to your last paragraph. That is in the class "Investigation's 101/ Psychology of Perp."

The actual family could 'employ' others who could get the job done.
There are people like that who can be found, especially with connections.

I had thought of that but usually that requires extra people knowing about something. It's rare that murder for hire works out really well. It didn't take them long to sniff out those two dudes that murdered the doctor in Naples, Fl.

I had thought of that but usually that requires extra people knowing about something. It's rare that murder for hire works out really well. It didn't take them long to sniff out those two dudes that murdered the doctor in Naples, Fl.

What if they 'kept it in the family'. By a broad definition of Family, which is pretty easy in this case. Big Family.
Not Murder for Hire, but "Creek Justice" ...or similar words.

There has been an assumption that no spent bullet casings were found at the murder scenes as the killer/s had taken care to frustrate the murder investigation. The following report appears to contradict that assumption, but it just might be, rather, that two different types of BULLETS (not casings) were recovered from the bodies and/or crime scenes. The report also suggests that there were at least two killers which supports both my theories covering (a) an insider job, or (b) an outsider job. I have two suspects in mind (drawn from clues) relative to theory (a) and what their motive/s may have been ... but theory (b) is also compelling.

"Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person."

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured.html

yep. The exact story to which I referred yesterday. Thanks for the link.

The lack of info disseminated to the public about a profile, alerts to watch for people whose behavior may have changed after the murders - missed work, left town, etc.- makes me think the FBI is not being consulted to a great degree. The recent public relations boosting news article about Ohio's BCI also indicates DeWine is bypassing FBI, JMO. There's no mention of collaborating with the FBI.

http://www.11alive.com/news/nation-...with-cops-to-solve-rhoden-massacre_/212910503

Ohio BCI doesn't have enough experience in a case of this magnitude, IMO. They are in over their heads, but seem to be intent on locking up all evidence and information. Seems very political.

ETA: It's also been discouraging that, of the scant information they have released publicly (grow ops, investigating cars, cockfighting) , it hints that the victims are to blame for their own deaths. Not good, but that's how many of these politicians roll. No problems to solve if the victims brought their tragedies upon themselves.

Hmmm, agree. It does seem very political. That notion does not seem to carry much weight here though.

What if they 'kept it in the family'. By a broad definition of Family, which is pretty easy in this case. Big Family.
Not Murder for Hire, but "Creek Justice" ...or similar words.

That I could see. We call it a different name but same meaning.

yep. The exact story to which I referred yesterday. Thanks for the link.

If you will note on this interview, they say they will be back at 6, w/GR's father and new info on his insight into this. I think the new insight is the shell casings. I dug this up yesterday. There is zero interviews at 6 pm on their site. This is the only one and there is that bottom quote referring to the shell casings. Also this reporter has a twitter acct. I looked there, and nothing, not on his FB either. There are pics of GR's dad on his Twitter, with quotes, but no actual feed of what GR's dad says about the shell casings. I found this rather weird. Most any news stations would not give up airing/posting that piece of live feed w/info re; a case of this magnitude. Edit: Was it removed? Was it ever aired?

The lack of info disseminated to the public about a profile, alerts to watch for people whose behavior may have changed after the murders - missed work, left town, etc.- makes me think the FBI is not being consulted to a great degree. The recent public relations boosting news article about Ohio's BCI also indicates DeWine is bypassing FBI, JMO. There's no mention of collaborating with the FBI.

http://www.11alive.com/news/nation-...with-cops-to-solve-rhoden-massacre_/212910503

Ohio BCI doesn't have enough experience in a case of this magnitude, IMO. They are in over their heads, but seem to be intent on locking up all evidence and information. Seems very political.

ETA: It's also been discouraging that, of the scant information they have released publicly (grow ops, investigating cars, cockfighting) , it hints that the victims are to blame for their own deaths. Not good, but that's how many of these politicians roll. No problems to solve if the victims brought their tragedies upon themselves.

They're much more experienced at examining crime scene evidence than Ohio BCI. They also have more resources at their disposal.

They're also better at profiling perps and interviewing potential suspects and monitoring activities of gangs/ criminals

If this crime involves some level of drug/marijuana trafficking (federal crimes), it likely requires investigation outside of Ohio and collaborating with other states to gather info and build a federal case. FBI and DEA are better equipped to do that, as are US attorneys.

If there's possible involvement of corrupt LE, FBI/DOJ is also preferred to investigate.

Just a few things for starters. Probably many more reasons why FBI collaboration would be very helpful.

I think I read early on the FBI had sent advisors. I'm sure, for all your excellently stated reasons, they have not stayed totally out of it.

If you will note on this interview, they say they will be back at 6, w/GR's father and new info on his insight into this. I think the new insight is the shell casings. I dug this up yesterday. There is zero interviews at 6 pm on their site. This is the only one and there is that bottom quote referring to the shell casings. Also this reporter has a twitter acct. I looked there, and nothing, not on his FB either. There are pics of GR's dad on his Twitter, with quotes, but no actual feed of what GR's dad says about the shell casings. I found this rather weird. Most any news stations would not give up airing/posting that piece of live feed w/info re; a case of this magnitude. Edit: Was it removed? Was it ever aired?

Very, very good questions!

If I had a child, in their prime of their life, that od'd on heroin, oxycontin, fentanyl, etc. I would probably be capable of horrible things. I have NO DOUBT I would fantasize hurting, bringing down the person who provided the deadly dose. Yet, that wouldn't be so neat, seems it would be sloppier.....

Wow, I don't get this mindset at all. If your kids get so hooked on drugs that they lose their lives to it then you have as much to do with what led to that as some random drug dealer who probably couldn't even recognize them if they had to. SMH.

:sweep:

I agree, we need some new news to chew on. :sigh:

It would be great if a local could confirm that the Command Center is actually gone! Anyone?

Wow, I don't get this mindset at all. If your kids get so hooked on drugs that they lose their lives to it then you have as much to do with what led to that as some random drug dealer who probably couldn't even recognize them if they had to. SMH.

I disagree. I also disagree with blaming the dealer. I'm from a small foothills town and we lost four young people to Heroin in pretty much one weekend. One may be still clinging to life, unsure. I've watched harder drug use (scrip addiction/ Heroin) ruin peoples lives, along with alcohol addiction, and addiction to other things I won't go into. It's very easy to say, it's the parent's fault, or it was the dealer's fault. It's not. It's no more the parent's fault, or dealer's fault, as it is the liquor store's fault for selling to an alcoholic. If people want to get high, they'll buy shoe polish and set it on fire if they have to. This is coming from someone who has lost a lot of friends and has lived with people who were addicted.

I know what the list says. But unless they have evidence it falls into one of their niches .... they are not going to investigate. I mean, to us, we plainly see all this stuff. Or so we think. Haha. We also don't know what's going on behind the scenes. For all we know, they've uncovered evidence that has opened the door for the FBI to get involved. Or not.

The DEA is also involved.

Apparently somebody thought these people needed to die. For the life of me I cannot think of anyone who would risk their freedom to carry out murder like this. It seems it would have to be a hardened criminal.
Everything I have ever learned or read, states that contract killers have separated themselves from the emotion. IMO they would not have spared the children. It would have been part of the job. This was more on a personal/business end to destroy the entire family and send a message, but the question remains as to who and why? I also can't shake feeling the perps waited until HR gave birth to Kylie. She was only 4-days old and spared. I don't recall which article, but right after the murders a local commented that they thought this was local hillbilly justice. Taking care of their own.

I disagree. I also disagree with blaming the dealer. I'm from a small foothills town and we lost four young people to Heroin in pretty much one weekend. One may be still clinging to life, unsure. I've watched harder drug use (scrip addiction/ Heroin) ruin peoples lives, along with alcohol addiction, and addiction to other things I won't go into. It's very easy to say, it's the parent's fault, or it was the dealer's fault. It's not. It's no more the parent's fault, or dealer's fault, as it is the liquor store's fault for selling to an alcoholic. If people want to get high, they'll buy shoe polish and set it on fire if they have to. This is coming from someone who has lost a lot of friends and has lived with people who were addicted.

If parents are using While kids are there growing up with them, IMO, they do bear some responsibility for the kid's drug use. We are very socilizable beings...not doubt about that.

The one I stumbled across was not. I've run this case by a couple people in my family, we're from the Appalachia region, and first thing that came to mind is that this family, had done something, to someone that the other person(s) considered so egregious, that they have wiped out that family branch, and those associated with what happened.

Yes, There was a quote early on from a local that stated this is not the Cartel, this is local hillbilly justice, we take care of our own. Especially if we feel LE is unresponsive to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11