OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
ha! You found it, the 70s Ford Pinto at 'that other barn'.

I only "found" it, because I had originally posted it. I had it saved, so trust me, I didn't work too hard to find it. LOL. Besides, I saw your post on the last thread mentioning the pic.

Well thanks for that!

Shoulda kept quiet though, I envisioned you feverishly searching since that other post was made a few days ago :). I'll still say I owe you one!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
ha! You found it, the 70s Ford Pinto at 'that other barn'.

Well thanks for that!

Shoulda kept quiet though, I envisioned you feverishly searching since that other post was made a few days ago :). I'll still say I owe you one!

Well next time I have to work so hard, you'll owe me double. No problem. I had just read the other thread and wanted to help.

Im not real confident of the rules- Am I allowed to post a link to a photo from SM I believe came from inside this barn from one of the deceased pages?

I flagged your post to a mod, so hopefully they will give you an answer soon. I really am not sure either.

Im not real confident of the rules- Am I allowed to post a link to a photo from SM I believe came from inside this barn from one of the deceased pages?

Is the link to where the photo can be viewed a SM site?

We had a well but you couldn't just throw stuff into it. How would a setup work where you could do that?

Old ones, on, or near, the property may have been the kind that you have the cups, and a hand crank, that lifts the water to the spout. With those, there is a latch, at the base, that you can pull a pin, iirc, and tilt the top back. We had one at two different homeplaces on our farm.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by isawthelight

I flagged your post to a mod, so hopefully they will give you an answer soon. I really am not sure either.

Good! Hoping it can be posted, we need something new. Even if it's old car parts and moldy hay.

Well, it does leave open the possibility that the Rhodens had been visited often enough by some unsavory people. Clients? Competitors? Partners? They could definitely have been (at least mildly) concerned for their safety. Then again, the cameras might have been purchased for more benign reasons.

We have three cameras that record to the cloud. And no grow ops here! I said this a number of threads back, but if anyone took our cameras, we'd have clear footage of them doing it. Video files use a lot of storage, so that's the most common way to set them up, here anyway. There's virtually no maintenance, and files are stored for a set number of days (30 in our case).

Ours does rely on decent internet speed, so that could be a consideration if their cameras were set to record footage to a local drive.

We have three cameras that record to the cloud. And no grow ops here! I said this a number of threads back, but if anyone took our cameras, we'd have clear footage of them doing it. Video files use a lot of storage, so that's the most common way to set them up, here anyway. There's virtually no maintenance, and files are stored for a set number of days (30 in our case).

Ours does rely on decent internet speed, so that could be a consideration if their cameras were set to record footage to a local drive.

Our cameras do this as well.. But if they took computers etc, LE could have no idea they are loaded to a cloud or how to access it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is from one of the victim's social media and it is publicly available you may post a link to it.

Our cameras do this as well.. But if they took computers etc, LE could have no idea they are loaded to a cloud or how to access it?

The ISP might be able to provide info for that. Cyber Crimes Unit was involved on day one, could be how the first video was obtained.

Hotdogs with chili and cheese. Extreme tots, tater tots with chili and cheese. Frito pie, fritoes with chili. Burritoes, Muchacos, Fajitas, Homemade tacos. All with chili. Hmm. Hungry now.

Muchachos ??? Yikes. That would be something that only a cannibal would eat where I am from ;)

Hotdogs with chili and cheese. Extreme tots, tater tots with chili and cheese. Frito pie, fritoes with chili. Burritoes, Muchacos, Fajitas, Homemade tacos. All with chili. Hmm. Hungry now.

This all sounds amazing.

Depends on the camera. Some brands come with a certain amount of accessible storage (which LE would know), and you can just buy more space. But, I guess if that was the setup here, they'd already have someone behind bars.

My husband immediately noticed the fence as we were just look at the pictures. He wondered if maybe that wasn't where he kept some kind of animal, or maybe let the dog Brownie out to potty?

Could possibly be the hog they spoke of. If it had a ring in its nose it wouldn't try to go under the fence. But, I was surprised w/how much KR's little spot had changed over the years. It started out w/what looked to be a larger type of trailer, then they added what appears to be KR's trailer, then the building looks like an improvement, and a second trailer is added. I'd always thought the smaller trailer had been there all along. These are May 2012, June 2012, and ?/ 2014.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• KR May2012.jpg
    KR May2012.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 342
  • KRJune2012.jpg
    KRJune2012.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Kr2014.jpg
    Kr2014.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 342
Our doorbell records anyone that comes to our front door. it also notifies ou when there is any activity at the front door/front of the house.

I was thinking of that too, but have no idea if they get good enough internet for that. You need at least a slow DSL connection for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found several, not sure if this is the barn the poster meant or not??? Hopefully they come back on and post what they had found. I suppose we can discuss this one anyway, lol.

10564994_624680384319035_7246071673436056002_n.jpg

I was also thinking about the three year old and HR. The assailant(s) were not expecting the three year old, but, they were expecting to go in silently and kill HG and FR in their sleep, b/c I doubt the three year old woke up, unless it was after the assailant(s) were on their way out. I still think the assailant(s) were known to all of them and if the three year old had woke up he could have been able to tell them something about who was there that night. Some three year olds may be more verbal than others but most all would be able to remember something. If the three year old had woke up and had gotten a look at them I doubt they'd have left the three year old alive. They were probably not waiting for HR to have the baby as the due date was the 29th. I think they had planned this for that particular night. Maybe the full moon, clear skies. They'd need only natural light. Idk, it may be something else. I also think DR's double shift threw them off a bit as they'd planned for her to be asleep as well but she was still winding down at 2 a.m. from all indications and they were running out of time. There almost has to be at least two, if not three. One to go in, one to drive. There wouldn't be enough time otherwise. Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74