OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone was tortured. I believe our assailant(s) were planning to catch everyone sleeping soundly in their beds. Murder them while sleeping, gather any evidence, and be gone. It just so happened that something went a bit askew at the CR1/GR trailer and possibly at DR's. It most likely didn't phase the primary assailant (if there were more than one) other than to annoy this person a bit. But the assailant had probably figured in something possibly going askew in planning this. Soft tissue bruising is pretty much just a bruise. They could have gotten that from falling when they were shot, but before they died. If there were multiple contusions, blunt force trauma, etc... then I'd be more inclined to believe there was an actual fight or struggle to be free from something. The bruise on FR's eye could very well have just been where he was shot through the eye socket. jmo

Yes, this wasn't a crime of passion, it was calculated, most shot in the head multiple times to make sure they were dead. My cousin was murdered by her daughter and boyfriend, it was planned, they waited until her stepfather was gone, and my cousin was asleep. She let the boyfriend know he could come over and they shot her, stabbed her multiple times, it was so gruesome from the bedroom to downstairs in the living room area.

Noone knew her daughter was still seeing the boyfriend, there was even a restraining order against him, yet she was angry because she wasn't allowed to see him and she made the 911 to the dispatch. It was the most cold, unemotional, calculated call that gave her away. That was passion killing for hate. Noone could believe it till they heard the 911 call, you would never know such a beautiful young girl could do something so evil. The Rhoden murders were planned by killers who knew exactly what they were doing and how to do it to get away with it.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

All eight victims had been shot to death, but Chris Sr. took the worst of it. He was shot nine times, and the coroner wrote on the death certificate that it was in the head, torso and an extremity. Kenneth took a single shot to the head. The others were each shot between two and five times in the head. The coroner said some had bruises, too.

Not to be tacky but... Could an "extremity" be a male specific body part? Wondered why they didn't just say arm or leg, etc.?

I too noticed it said extremity and not extremities. I'm not sure how to take that comment. Was that a purposeful shot or errant shot.

Im still sticking with someone close to the family, either direct or close involved. More then one involved, knew layout. Maybe had night vision to pull this off! A die hard hunter good with a bullet to the head.

Why would the killers bother to move him? What would they gain from doing that? Seems it would only take more time, would leave blood and DNA evidence in their vehicle and on their clothing. Could risk causing them to leave shoe or boot prints from having to walk in blood near the victim.

That brings up another question I've wondered about. Depending on ballistics, type of weapon and ammunition, etc. how much blood would the killers have gotten on themselves?
If they were skilled marksmen with small caliber weapons, would there have been a mess? They would have needed to change clothing at some point, either while at the scene or during their escape. They couldn't risk being pulled over wearing bloody clothing.

If the shooter(s) wore tactical gear, including a mask, they would be able to strip down and bag their clothing in the woods and wash off in the pond - I always figured they might be looking for that at the pond.

I've never heard of hilljack either, but then again, I'm from Culpeper too. Maybe it's just a term that isn't used in our neck of the woods.

I guess we don't realize that our terms aren't used everywhere. I just figured it was something everyone said. 😊

Maybe seedlings, but clones take a lot of the guesswork out when you're running a sizable grow so I personally think that's more likely.

Either way though, I agree with you in thinking that the plants described by DS sound like small plants in veg stage rather than mature flowering plants.

Didn't think of clones there, you could be right. Maybe clones still in the rooting stage, then those trays would be like the ones with the clear plastic top.

Wonder if there's electric in that shed? Those rectangles on the roof.... patches or skylights? Or the plants could've been close enough to a window or door for natural light, but natural light may be wrong right now for clones. Not sure without a refresher course :) .

Has there been any followup info on the unconfirmed report that a sizable sum of money was found in one of the trailers?

PO will not deliver on a rural route without a functional box. LE may have taken them down to make sure no mail is delivered there and is forwarded to whatever the new address is.

The news article states LE is getting the mail forwarded to them.

I would think basements would be better than a loft for growing. Much easier to control temperature and humidity in a basement, barn lofts or send stories just get too hot. Too much heat/humidity limits crop yield.
I'm not familiar with basements under that particular type of house myself, but in general basements work great for growing. Unlike lofts, basements are generally
- well-insulated with little to no external light
- don't have a lot of cracks to let pests in
- pretty easy to keep at a desired temperature/humidity level
- don't deteriorate with humidity
- are often fitted with handy things like sinks and floor drains
- have access to plumbing/electric
- can tap CO2 from existing gas heaters
- have exposed support structure overhead that can support hanging lights/reservoirs
- etc.

Why would the killers bother to move him? What would they gain from doing that? Seems it would only take more time, would leave blood and DNA evidence in their vehicle and on their clothing. Could risk causing them to leave shoe or boot prints from having to walk in blood near the victim.

That brings up another question I've wondered about. Depending on ballistics, type of weapon and ammunition, etc. how much blood would the killers have gotten on themselves?
If they were skilled marksmen with small caliber weapons, would there have been a mess? They would have needed to change clothing at some point, either while at the scene or during their escape. They couldn't risk being pulled over wearing bloody clothing.

Maybe they lived close enough not to have to worry about it. That road is out at the far western part of pike county and the law wouldn't just be out there patrolling for no reason. I lived less than 10 miles from there for most of my childhood. I don't ever recall EVER seeing a car turn down that road off of 32. I have friends who drive 32 daily that say the same thing.
The back roads are all connected, and if the killer(s) lived close they could get home without ever having to go out onto a major highway

I really feel like at least one small caliber weapon was used.

The interview with the funeral director read like he prepared for open caskets, while there is pretty good indication of multiple head shots on all but one victim. GR's father did state his son had three shots to the head, did he not?

Then there's CRsr with nine shots. If he was injured by some of the first shots, then lunged at an assailant, several more would be logical to stop him with a small caliber.

... and I just got a bad feeling putting myself in the assailant's shoes.

The funeral director implied others would see the bodies. But families and who they choose can do a private viewing before the actual viewing so they may have been open for the private viewing and closed for the public. We've never had it confirmed either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to guess, I'd say they either worked on the cars in the barn up the road, or went over to CR's barns. Could go to one of those car lots as well. Otherwise, they'd have do it outside at KR's.

I've seen a single wide trailer with a full basement underneath, it had stairs off the kitchen. Since DR's is listed as two basements, seems they would be separate areas, not connected. Could be under the main home, or under additions.

I would think basements would be better than a loft for growing. Much easier to control temperature and humidity in a basement, barn lofts or send stories just get too hot. Too much heat/humidity limits crop yield.

My thoughts have been that there would probably be no grow operation at DR's home as she would want to keep herself and the two youngsters separate from the drug operations, reputation-wise (??). It crossed my mind that this could well have been one reason she divorced CRsnr (??)

Maybe seedlings, but clones take a lot of the guesswork out when you're running a sizable grow so I personally think that's more likely.

Either way though, I agree with you in thinking that the plants described by DS sound like small plants in veg stage rather than mature flowering plants.

Potentially ones being prepared to be grown outdoors. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this wasn't a crime of passion, it was calculated, most shot in the head multiple times to make sure they were dead. My cousin was murdered by her daughter and boyfriend, it was planned, they waited until her stepfather was gone, and my cousin was asleep. She let the boyfriend know he could come over and they shot her, stabbed her multiple times, it was so gruesome from the bedroom to downstairs in the living room area.

Noone knew her daughter was still seeing the boyfriend, there was even a restraining order against him, yet she was angry because she wasn't allowed to see him and she made the 911 to the dispatch. It was the most cold, unemotional, calculated call that gave her away. That was passion killing for hate. Noone could believe it till they heard the 911 call, you would never know such a beautiful young girl could do something so evil. The Rhoden murders were planned by killers who knew exactly what they were doing and how to do it to get away with it.

how horrible! So sorry for your loss

Wonder if there's electric in that shed? Those rectangles on the roof.... patches or skylights? Or the plants could've been close enough to a window or door for natural light, but natural light may be wrong right now for clones. Not sure without a refresher course :) .

I think that for there to be plants in there, there pretty much had to be electric. Outdoor light cycles work well for flowering plants, but for vegetation stage you want and need more hours of light than the sun is out. I mean, you can grow pretty crazy with it and load up the nutrients and run light 24x7 in veg stage esp. with a hydro setup. I doubt they were going that extreme with plants that they were going to put outdoors, but I'd think they were probably under at least 16 hr light at that stage to help them grow bigger.

I do not believe LE involved. Omg that young girl hanna instagram! It was personal! Took them all, they might not crack as we would think but start being restless not of guilt but reacting to others grieving and not know how to deal. Inside job~

No need to take the cameras if you wore a mask. You take cameras if you fear you could be made. I think someone from far away would not be so concerned with cameras and or imagery.

No need to take the cameras if you wore a mask. You take cameras if you fear you could be made. I think someone from far away would not be so concerned with cameras and or imagery.

As French Montana said, "When they mask up, comin' for your ice. When they bare-faced, they comin' for your life."

The cameras could also record the automobiles they used, license plates, etc. Not just automobiles the killers arrived in, but any other autos that drove up in the hours before the murders, possibly someone checking to see if families were at home, lights out, etc.

I think that for there to be plants in there, there pretty much had to be electric. Outdoor light cycles work well for flowering plants, but for vegetation stage you want and need more hours of light than the sun is out. I mean, you can grow pretty crazy with it and load up the nutrients and run light 24x7 in veg stage esp. with a hydro setup. I doubt they were going that extreme with plants that they were going to put outdoors, but I'd think they were probably under at least 16 hr light at that stage to help them grow bigger.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93019&d=1461812434
Checked the pic again, but it's impossible to tell about the electric. There's power on the property, though it looks to be originally installed for the other camper, a service pole and another pole with dusk-to-dawn light. Could be wire laying on the ground or even overhead and we wouldn't see it in that particular pic.

Looks like there might be a stovepipe on the shed roof. Think the large rectangles on the roof are just, roofing, so not skylights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam