OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine called our newsroom this afternoon to discuss the case. He said although he would not ruled out the fact that members of a drug cartel may have killed the eight members of the Rhoden family, there’s no evidence at this time to indicate that that’s the case.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/crime-law/7-dead-near-peebles-ohio/nq9Qw/

I wish they would be more clear about this sophisticated murder then.

What people are sophisticated enough to really stump the cops and how sophisticated was this?

DeWine needs to make up his mind, were they selling roosters or cockfighting? Is it cartel, or not? Was the pot growing for a large family and alot of friends, or were they selling it? SMH

What people are sophisticated enough to really stump the cops and how sophisticated was this?
They also used the word "sophisticated" about the pot growing too.
I am stumped.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is this even correct?
"Each shot in the*head, some while they slept next to their children. Three siblings*and their parents, one fiancée, and*two cousins.*Nearly two days of investigating*has*yet to yield*any arrests in the Pike County slayings."
*http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ys-tragedy-playing-out-worlds-stage/83433594/

In a case like this, the investigation has to be extremely thorough, methodical and foolproof. The evidence has to be airtight. This takes time.

Think Oceans 11 lol

Why were these people not busted a long time ago?

Maybe they had cartel help in skipping all the intermediate stages? For example, most commercial growers probably start out hustling "dime bags" to stoned students. They then "graduate" to keeping some low quality plants in the nearby wooded lot. After being "inspired" by a stoner magazine, they order a grow light, get access to better seeds, and put a few in the back bedroom. They then expand from there. In the course of the pot journey, they get a few arrests and get known to police. But... perhaps the family made contact with a cartel, or vis versa. The cartel then supplies thousands of dollars for fans, lots of expensive grow lights, heaters, electrical bills (the former things must run constantly), and also gives expert advise and top quality seeds. Since they skipped the intermediate steps. they are not known to police.

I am stumped.

After seeing grandpa in action, I sincerely doubt anyone in this family was doing anything too sophisticated. But I could be wrong. Dad's side of the family may have been more articulate.

I am stumped.

Is everything just sophisticated in this town? Or is something major going to break through?

Some other Rhoden (that wasn't killed) KNOWS something ...... Seems like everyone was close and this was possibly a family secret/business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her name is on the photo of the 2 side by side tombstone's on Hanna's FB wall. I believe she is deceased.

Was Chris' dad married more than once? I ask because I'm not seeing a name in that photo that matches the wife who survived him. Gosh, this is one of the most confusing cases I've followed.

Is everything just sophisticated in this town? Or is something major going to break through?

Maybe sophisticated means something different to them than the majority of the people.

I'm still finding it hard to buy anyone in the family (after reading their SM) pulled off a sophisticated hit. I could see the family coming in and leaving their driver's license laying on the table.

I had this thought, being a nursing assistant is very hard work. I wonder if Dana worked at the nursing home while she was married?

Guessing here but from what Dana's father (LM) said about her "taking care of old people in their homes" or something similar that she might have been a home health nurse before getting hired at the nursing home. Fairly common "career path" around here. The tech colleges are churning them out left and right.

Honestly, I don't know. I saw a person claiming to be a cousin post on another site (the T site) saying that Chris Sr.'s biological mother had a record. (So consider that as rumor). I have no idea whether it is true. I was just asking whether we could sleuth her and got as far as that photo before I gave up.

I am stumped.

Maybe using sophisticated with regards to pot means: they are grown in a highly controlled environment where the temperature, humidity, light is controlled using sensors.

Guessing here but from what Dana's father (LM) said about her "taking care of old people in their homes" or something similar that she might have been a home health nurse before getting hired at the nursing home. Fairly common 'career path around here. The tech colleges are churning them out left and right.

I doubt it's connected but many nursing homes are very abusive to their residents. Maybe Dana was appalled at what she had witnessed there and had filed a complaint against the entire management firm. Still, I'm curious what the nursing home could possibly know about this murder

I said something similar way back bighairdontcare, my thinking was that the member left alive is the one who caused the murders to happen ( a debt, grassing?) and was left alive to suffer the guilt, i think that was my thinking?

I doubt it's connected but many nursing homes are very abusive to their residents. Maybe Dana was appalled at what she had witnessed there and had filed a complaint against the entire management firm. Still, I'm curious what the nursing home could possibly know about this murder

Who owns the nursing home?.

I was looking at profiles of people who liked or commented on the victims and saw one too. It surprised me as well. Around here it would be no big deal but the community doesn't seem like a bastion of liberalism. Also I checked out Topix which still seems to be. Thing I these small towns and one big topic of conversations was "the rhoden that may be gay" was a victim early on. There was a whole long old thread about that topic.
I saw that on that site too, the one every one was questioning about being gay came on there and admitted it. Just wondering if he was the juv.male victim.So sad if he was b/c in a conservative area like this, you know he got teased or bullied.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I think the father was just saying the nursing home where Dana worked could vouch for her being a good person. Seems doubtful they would know anything about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11