OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's connected but many nursing homes are very abusive to their residents. Maybe Dana was appalled at what she had witnessed there and had filed a complaint against the entire management firm. Still, I'm curious what the nursing home could possibly know about this murder

If the nursing home is related, it would almost certainly deal with stolen prescription drugs. It's happened before ... nurse marks down that she gave the 92 year old patient her full dose of <fill in drug> but actually slips part of the dose in her pocket. The drugs either feed their own habit or get sold for extra cash. Normally not massacre worthy. Also, if it had to do with the nursing home and my stolen drug theory why take out Kenneth at a location 10 minutes away?

Who owns the nursing home?.

Good question. it could be a large entity that owns dozens around the country or a privately owned one. I'm not even sure what the name of the place is due to it coming out garbled in the interview w Leonard.

I just got through reading that the Attorney General called into a news station this afternoon to discuss this case.
it was on WTOL???? I will find the link again,,,

He called into the radio station this morning, WCOL, 92.3. Said nothing new that had not already been released.

Good question. it could be a large entity that owns dozens around the country or a privately owned one. I'm not even sure what the name of the place is due to it coming out garbled in the interview w Leonard.

Thing is, would you wipe out 8 members of a family or just the person you believed was going to the authorities?

Thing is, would you wipe out 8 members of a family or just the person you believed was going to the authorities?

I think BettyP answered my question...I had misconstrued Leonard's statement "ask the nursing home" to mean they knew something. But, I see he might have been referring to their vouching for her being a good person and not a Breaking Bad type.

I wish they would be more clear about this sophisticated murder then.

What people are sophisticated enough to really stump the cops and how sophisticated was this?

Some of you are only seeing a few people from the area talking on MSM and reading what you can find on SM. What you're not seeing or hearing is all of the intelligent, professional and highly educated people who retire to this area. Land is cheap and it's gorgeous. For a small amount of money a person can have their own private get a way for weekends, vacations or full time living on retirement. IDK who is responsible for these murders but don't think there aren't residents who could be capable JMO.

I said something similar way back bighairdontcare, my thinking was that the member left alive is the one who caused the murders to happen ( a debt, grassing?) and was left alive to suffer the guilt, i think that was my thinking?

Someone in that family ... The remaining Rhodens .... That were close ... Knows something. What about the family members in KY? This could possibly be a cartel drug ring- running drugs to and from KY?
Who is to say that none of the Rhodens remaining are targets still? Everyone in that family had to have known about the production ... In my opinion.
And it's obvious it was for trafficking and sales.
Who in Pike County are customers ?
For being a small town, I would think there would be a lot more talking ! Usually, everyone knows everyone's business.

Listening to Dana's father on video I think he meant just go ask the people at Dana's work what's going on in this area. Whether it be corrupt police or what may have happened recently that Dana told others about. Sounds like he's got an earful. To him, the nursing home was the place to go for info. jmo

Also, I understood him giving the LE one hour or he was going to start talking because the LE told him it was okay to park the truck over there with bad tags then they took it. Must have been after the 2nd visit at 3:30 am he was talking about & feels they lied to him & doesn't understand that words can change upon new evidence.

He also didn't seem happy about what was going on with Dana and the others at their homes and he stopped himself again with a warning to LE.

I just can't imagine my family all being gone in one day that are probably the main people you talk to everyday. My heart hurts for the remaining family members.

Some of you are only seeing a few people from the area talking on MSM and reading what you can find on SM. What you're not seeing or hearing is all of the intelligent, professional and highly educated people who retire to this area. Land is cheap and it's gorgeous. For a small amount of money a person can have their own private get a way for weekends, vacations or full time living on retirement. IDK who is responsible for these murders but don't think there aren't residents who could be capable JMO.

Capable of murder yes, capable of the murder the pressers have made this seem like.. Not many people anywhere capable of that.

Someone in that family ... The remaining Rhodens .... That were close ... Knows something. What about the family members in KY? This could possibly be a cartel drug ring- running drugs to and from KY?
Who is to say that none of the Rhodens remaining are targets still? Everyone in that family had to have known about the production ... In my opinion.
And it's obvious it was for trafficking and sales.
Who in Pike County are customers ?
For being a small town, I would think there would be a lot more talking ! Usually, everyone knows everyone's business.

Yes it's a small town where people know each other's business but my husband works in Piketon 5 days a week and has for 10 years and this whole situation has been mind blowing to us. Yes drugs are a problem in Pike county and the neighboring counties but I've never heard of cartels and such. Scioto county is actually worse off drug wise than Pike. We have made national headlines mutilple times and was even the topic of a Dateline NBC episode a year or two back. If this was such a sophisticated operation I have no idea how LE didn't catch wind of it long before it came to 8 people being killed execution style over a marijuana operation. (That's assuming the killings are drug related)

In my experience, the FBI doesn't 'offer' their help very often. They come in and claim the investigation and take over leadership of the investigation. Not saying that it doesn't happen.

Which begs me to question.. Why aren't they taking the FBI up on their offer to help?

Lots of questions with this case.

First thing that comes to my mind, infants can't talk. JMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I know I am way behind but wanted to comment on this before I try to catch up.

Wasn't one of the children three years old?

The reason I asked is I was talking to my hubby about this case today and it caused me to think back on two other cases where a small child was left alive at a murder scene.

I cant remember the victims name now. Amy something but her little girl was there when a garbage collector came in her home raped and murdered her. The little girl was able to tell them that a big man came in and hurt her mommy and showed them what he did. She was two at the time.

But I think this case is more relevant and I believe it happened in Ohio as well a few years back. The mother's first name was Jessie Davis (?) anyway she had a two year old little boy named Blake. His father was a police officer in that town. He told the police that 'daddy hurt mommy' 'mommy is in the rug.' So two year olds are able to tell some of the things that happened and if this child is three then that is even better because they would be even more verbal by then. Hopefully they would be able to tell the trained police officer in child interrogations if someone came in that he/she knew.

Just something I was thinking about today.

It may take awhile for the officer to get the story out of the child though because they are very gentle and take their time when questioning a very young child.

IMO

What if say the Kentucky relative Kenneth? who has drugs charges doesn't he? Told someone the wrong thing in Kentucky and they either coerced him(he may owe someone money) or they are just plain greedy. Followed him there and did this? For all we know they could have found the cash from the operation.

And all these questions about being so sophisticated and they are looking into a high school threat, again.. Makes me suspicious of what we are being told.

If the nursing home is related, it would almost certainly deal with stolen prescription drugs. It's happened before ... nurse marks down that she gave the 92 year old patient her full dose of <fill in drug> but actually slips part of the dose in her pocket. The drugs either feed their own habit or get sold for extra cash. Normally not massacre worthy. Also, if it had to do with the nursing home and my stolen drug theory why take out Kenneth at a location 10 minutes away?

Ugh I am in a battle myself with a nursing home over my loved one and it took me a day only when things seemed off to turn up all kinds of horrors and 7 licensed nurses accused of and some found guilty of taking meds license revoked some suspended one even voluntarily given up for a year. This is a 70 max facility how does so much happen and go wrong like that and kept hush. Half the ones are still there working different positions. The owner lives in another state and has several of these facilities all over ... I can just see how ugly something can get when you start messing with a manand his money. I pray that will have nothing to do with the Ohio family and I sure pray for those of us involved here are able to keep ours safe sound and stay safe.

I'm now thinking that whoever did this hid out in the woods until attack time and came in on foot, leaving the same way. That would explain why LE maybe didn't find evidence of tire tracks - I don't know that they didn't, but they did go searching the woods after the presser. I thought it was for pot plants, but this actually makes more sense. It would explain a lot, including maybe why the dogs didn't react (if they didn't).

Yes it's a small town where people know each other's business but my husband works in Piketon 5 days a week and has for 10 years and this whole situation has been mind blowing to us. Yes drugs are a problem in Pike county and the neighboring counties but I've never heard of cartels and such. Scioto county is actually worse off drug wise than Pike. We have made national headlines mutilple times and was even the topic of a Dateline NBC episode a year or two back. If this was such a sophisticated operation I have no idea how LE didn't catch wind of it long before it came to 8 people being killed execution style over a marijuana operation. (That's assuming the killings are drug related)

In the article I read tonight , about the 1200 plant production that was found - that was supposedly linked to the cartel, they indicated that no arrests were ever made ! How? It seems like this was "brushed under the rug" or forgotten about.
I'm thinking that the sheriff department knows a lot more than what is being portrayed.
Cartel screams danger and extreme violence to me- it's possible that it may cause LE to "tip toe" around it.

In my experience, the FBI doesn't 'offer' their help very often. They come in and claim the investigation and take over leadership of the investigation. Not saying that it doesn't happen.

If I'm not mistaken, they have to have a jurisdiction reason to come in and take over. Seems they don't here and so they have offered to help if Pike County wants it. Seems Pike doesn't want it.

What if say the Kentucky relative Kenneth? who has drugs charges doesn't he? Told someone the wrong thing in Kentucky and they either coerced him(he may owe someone money) or they are just plain greedy. Followed him there and did this? For all we know they could have found the cash from the operation.

That's what I'm saying ! I think this might be the link !!!!!! This is a family operation- Kenneth may be the master mind or the go to? The Rhodens in pike county are simply the cars takers ? I have no idea anymore - I just suspect that this has to do with the relatives in KY. Anyone check on that guy lately ?

In many states people are buying up land making the prices go up for everyone else when they don't even live there. Then there's those who move in places and take over changing it to their ideas of how people should live. I've found some of the most caring people with no college and never having a professional job are more willing to help others and have more heart than many others. Now we're finding out drug cartels are also buying up the land and bringing all the crime with them, how sad.

I hope the AG isn't holding back information if they're sure it's a cartel, or a sophisticated drug ring. The longer this goes on it might get political. Politicians tend to worry about how their state would look with so many knowing there's a massive drug problem. So far it seems like the blame is getting laid on the victims from what could be this or that with bits and pieces coming out. If they can't solve this, that's how it will end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11