OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, so please bear with me for a minute....

The reward money for the Delphi Indiana murders is now up to $216,000.

The reward money for the Rhoden-Gilley murders remains at a pitiful $10,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off topic, so please bear with me for a minute....

The reward money for the Delphi Indiana murders is now up to $216,000.

The reward money for the Rhoden-Gilley murders remains at a pitiful $10,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thangs that make ya' wanna go 'hmmmmm. Folks don't care about Appalachians.

Normally, investigators release a profile if they are stumped and need help from the public. I get the feeling that this isn't the case here.

They seemed to develop "tunnel vision" early in this case. If they know who the killers are, they should have been able to arrest them by now.

They also haven't done much to seek assistance from the public and have been openly hostile to news media coverage. That's somewhat unusual and against recommended practice for unsolved murder cases. How else can you get tips and gather evidence if you refuse to release details to the public and seldom talk to the news media? When they do talk to them, they talk in riddles, expressing hostility to the locals, making vague threats.

They seemed to develop "tunnel vision" early in this case. If they know who the killers are, they should have been able to arrest them by now.

They also haven't done much to seek assistance from the public and have been openly hostile to news media coverage. That's somewhat unusual and against recommended practice for unsolved murder cases. How else can you get tips and gather evidence if you refuse to release details to the public and seldom talk to the news media? When they do talk to them, they talk in riddles, expressing hostility to the locals, making vague threats.

Where's all these arrests that Reader said he was going to be doing if folks he knew had lied, didn't come forward? Nil. He hedged his bet and lost. Time to shake things up for real and bring in the big boys.

Where's all these arrests that Reader said he was going to be doing if folks he knew had lied, didn't come forward? Nil. He hedged his bet and lost. Time to shake things up for real and bring in the big boys.

Remember, though, it's DeWine who is in charge of this investigation. He's the one making decisions. According to him, it's BCI's investigation. I truly hope they don't think they can sweep this under the rug and move on. The escalation of violence in that area will probably continue.

I don't think they are in need of tips. Which is why I think they are not pushing a reward. I think they basically know who is responsible, but since there are 8 murders, they need to make sure they have not just enough evidence to arrest and convict, but also the right evidence. For example, they may need more than just DNA if the killer(s) have been in all 4 homes before. I'm interested to see how long they will pay to rent the space where the crime scenes are being stored.

As for talking in riddles... I find that seems to be common with LE and attorneys. Neither ever want to show their hand.

I don't think they are in need of tips. Which is why I think they are not pushing a reward. I think they basically know who is responsible, but since there are 8 murders, they need to make sure they have not just enough evidence to arrest and convict, but also the right evidence. For example, they may need more than just DNA if the killer(s) have been in all 4 homes before. I'm interested to see how long they will pay to rent the space where the crime scenes are being stored.

As for talking in riddles... I find that seems to be common with LE and attorneys. Neither ever want to show their hand.
It seems if they had enough evidence to be sure who it was they would make an arrest. If they know who did it but are waiting for more evidence they should reach out to the public. Maybe some wife somewhere will realize it could have been her husband, or someone will see it on the news and realize it could be their co-worker. Somewhere, someone, has the information but may not even realize it. Maybe if they would do a dateline episode and release everything they know, someone will point them in the direction of a car, a location of items, a gun, a person, something or someone with evidence.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It seems if they had enough evidence to be sure who it was they would make an arrest. If they know who did it but are waiting for more evidence they should reach out to the public. Maybe some wife somewhere will realize it could have been her husband, or someone will see it on the news and realize it could be their co-worker. Somewhere, someone, has the information but may not even realize it. Maybe if they would do a dateline episode and release everything they know, someone will point them in the direction of a car, a location of items, a gun, a person, something or someone with evidence.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, a Dateline episode or some similar tv show would be great to bring attention to this case before it goes cold. Perhaps they're waiting to see if the Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of releasing the autopsy reports. That's a very unlikely outcome, however.

Hopefully one of the true crime shows will cover it, maybe around the anniversary of the killings.

I want to know what's in those autopsies and why they won't release them. I don't think that GR was clean from drugs and it may tell if " one of the victims" may have been involved with this crime. Inadvertantly or deliberately. Was something other than the gunshots that were reported done to them?
We do know that CRsr and GR were involved in some kind of struggle. And IMO, not all were asleep when this happened. They may have been "killed" in their beds, but we do not know if any were asleep when shot. I don't see after one being shot, or any kind of sound in the middle of the night, them remaining asleep.
As a young mother myself (at one time) in the first years of my children's life, I heard every whimper my babies made. My body was adjusted to wake around feeding times in the middle of the night. Any mother's out there know what I'm talking about.
Also "rumors" or family members ( I can't remember) said that KR was worried that danger was in the air. And CRsr had thought someone was coming on his property at one time?

I want to know what's in those autopsies and why they won't release them. I don't think that GR was clean from drugs and it may tell if " one of the victims" may have been involved with this crime. Inadvertantly or deliberately. Was something other than the gunshots that were reported done to them?
We do know that CRsr and GR were involved in some kind of struggle. And IMO, not all were asleep when this happened. They may have been "killed" in their beds, but we do not know if any were asleep when shot. I don't see after one being shot, or any kind of sound in the middle of the night, them remaining asleep.
As a young mother myself (at one time) in the first years of my children's life, I heard every whimper my babies made. My body was adjusted to wake around feeding times in the middle of the night. Any mother's out there know what I'm talking about.
Also "rumors" or family members ( I can't remember) said that KR was worried that danger was in the air. And CRsr had thought someone was coming on his property at one time?

When my wife was breastfeeding my youngest daughter, I had to wake her up to feed baby . She did not wake up from the baby crying.

When my wife was breastfeeding my youngest daughter, I had to wake her up to feed baby . She did not wake up from the baby crying.
I guess some mother's are different Dudley. I'm not a very sound sleeper and am an night owl sometimes,

Remember, though, it's DeWine who is in charge of this investigation. He's the one making decisions. According to him, it's BCI's investigation. I truly hope they don't think they can sweep this under the rug and move on. The escalation of violence in that area will probably continue.

I agree, in the end it is Dewine's, but that gives Reader all the more reason not to make threats he's not going to follow through on, or can't. I don't understand. I'm not the straightest arrow in the quiver myself so I'm not bashing the Rhodens when I say this but I get the feeling that maybe they don't want this solved. What better way to keep everything mum than to wall up the trailers and keep info from the family? Prior to Reader coming on it seems they had some sketchy LEOs.

I'm holding onto that line of thought really hard but when you see other LE Depts. handle cases, and welcome assistance, after nearly a year of listening to them contradict themselves and talk in circles it gets hard to stay positive some days.

Yes, a Dateline episode or some similar tv show would be great to bring attention to this case before it goes cold. Perhaps they're waiting to see if the Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of releasing the autopsy reports. That's a very unlikely outcome, however.

Hopefully one of the true crime shows will cover it, maybe around the anniversary of the killings.

Maybe people should contact Dateline, 20/20, Investigation Discovery, etc. and maybe one of them will get interested in doing a show about it. There was one done about the missing women in Chillicothe..

I think there must be a credible threat of retaliation that includes family for coming forward with info. So the info isn't asked for or rewarded.

I guess some mother's are different Dudley. I'm not a very sound sleeper and am an night owl sometimes,

I am a night owl. I'm up into the early morning hours and require little sleep. However, when I do go to sleep, I'm asleep. Dead to the world. One thing about the gunshots is that they probably didn't sound like gunshots. If they were asleep they're going to wake up in a confused state, not knowing at first what woke them up, what was that noise?, their hearing may be impaired, and they're likely disoriented from that sound, in close quarters, and it's dark. If I shoot w/o headgear, outside, it affects my hearing. I can only imagine in close quarters, indoors. (I've always wondered if the infants' hearing may have been impaired.) Someone was shooting down the road the other day, and I, as a gun owner, did not recognize the sound as gunfire, at first. I'd just not heard that type of gun being shot near here lately. A lot of folks who have lived through school shootings, say that they did not act quicker, b/c they did not recognize the sound of gunfire, as gunfire. Some said they thought it was someone popping balloons.

Wow, havent checked this thread for a long time. But amazed no one has been arrested yet. I figured it would be solved by now. Smaller town and all. Thinking the police had to have known what was going on in those homes etc. Just surprised no arrests yet.

I think there must be a credible threat of retaliation that includes family for coming forward with info. So the info isn't asked for or rewarded.

Then LE has to find a way to minimize that threat. Its counter-productive for them to allow innocent families and friends to sit there with little or no protection, while badgering them to give any information they may have. IMO, this is why they've placed the surviving children in foster care - because they know surviving family members are at risk of retaliation.

And if LE "knows" who did this but can't build a case, then they need those tips from the public. That's how you gather evidence, if you're looking for evidence. A reward is normally how LE gathers the evidence they need - witness testimony, tips about perp activity, suspicious behavior, possible places where incriminating evidence was disposed of, etc. You get that with a reward, it doesn't just magically appear.

LE has deliberately created a stalemate in this case. No one can talk, no potential informants are protected, everything related to the case is locked away from public access, no incentives are offered to help gain new evidence. No updates or new information for the news media. No solicitation for help from the public. It's a closed loop. All avenues to solve these murders have essentially been blocked by LE.

Maybe people should contact Dateline, 20/20, Investigation Discovery, etc. and maybe one of them will get interested in doing a show about it. There was one done about the missing women in Chillicothe..

Why don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member