OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has looked into this angle here yet. Here is a link to an article about the Post Office bust: http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html.

My first question had to do with why someone would be sending pot to Pike County (coals to New Castle, dontcha know). However, apparently pot was not the end product, but rather the production of hash oil--which apparently takes a considerable amount of pot to produce. The post office package led to another small grow operation--with multiple "shatter" (hash oil production) production points on site. So--this raises the question of whether the Rhoden family had an inside track and were buying their way out of their troubles by spilling their guts to authorities. Or were believed by someone to be doing the same.

Think if i was spilling my guts to the authorities i would obviously be grassing on someone higher up the drug chain, again id be sleeping armed and alert.

An outlaw motorcycle club, hillbilly consortium or some other entity is probably as likely as one of the Mexican cartels. Someone with a financial interest in the regional drug trade is most likely behind this.

My view is.... mixed. A family member stated that two dogs at one residence would attack strangers. This implies local people that knew the family.

At the same time, the magnitude of the attacks, the deliberate targetting of family members, and the apparent level of skill and planning seems to be out of the league of a backwoods crime consortium, or even Outlaw Bikers from say, Cleavland.

I just dont think Outlaw bikers or backwoods hustlers would have enough willing "muscle" to carry out such horrendous attacks. Drive by shootings, after hours shootings in the bar parking lot, "beat down" lessons at a party administered with a bat and a tire tool are totally different. In addition, such attacks are not in their character. It would be extremely rare for bikers to target family members. Ditto for backwoods crime clans. It has also been several generations since an appalachian clan feud led to an entire family being marked for death.

I think it was cartel. They probably were not direct employees as the cartel seems to restrict these positions to ethnic hispanics. They could of had a 'franchise', or been independent contractors. Perhaps they crossed their employers, or were attacked by cartel "b" that was seeking to eliminate a source of drugs for cartel 'a' and to spread the word to other contractors that working for 'a' is very dangerous.

I know it's been confirmed they are missing but I didn't read anything that said they were shot/dead.
I'm still not sure they are missing. Like I said earlier, the father didn't speak on the video like they were missing. So far everything with this case you almost have to have someone say "the dogs are missing" to know for sure they are.

There is no "town". The mailing address of these properties may be Piketon, but they are not in the village of Piketon. It's about a 20 minute drive via highway to get into town. These dogs could easily be roaming the forests for weeks without anyone seeing them, or could have been loaded up for any number of reasons.
I have wondered if animal services mave have them. If they were present during any of the homicides they have evidence on them.
JMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I apologize if this has been posted but the 1st picture in the gallery posted here:
http://wate.com/2016/04/22/police-seven-dead-at-three-scenes-in-pike-county-ohio/

What is the structure next to the school bus? Just a building? Not a house? This is the first time I've seen an aerial photo from this angle.

It is a pole barn, but they are not expensive. You can get one like that installed for under 50k. I couldn't find an exact copy of it but I researched them for my own purposes a couple years ago. As a for instance, a very large 40x80 kit retails for $18k from Menard's in Chillocothe. Add slab, installation and basic electrical - maybe twice that. They can be insulated but are usually not finished on the inside.

http://www.menards.com/main/buildin...s/40w-x-81l-x-14h-popular/p-1444422812444.htm

Nice observation! I just listened to the 911 call, and she really says "WE".

I think this is very significant. I thought that the story was that she arrived there to feed the chickens and then discovered the bodies. Then she calls 911 and after that
she may have called other family members. So at that point she supposedly is the only living person on that property. Could a nervous person under extreme stress
accidentally say "we" instead of "I"? I suppose it is possible, but I never noticed anyone doing that.

I do think that police noticed this too. Perhaps this is why they were questioning her intensely about what time she arrived at the scene.

She seems to have contradicted herself and may not be telling the entire truth.

I agree. Possibly said under stress. But interesting none the less.

I have wondered if animal services mave have them. If they were present during any of the homicides they have evidence on them.
JMO

But how would they have been taken before the 911 call was made? LM implies BM went there and there were no dogs, found family dead. How would the animals be in custody already?

Id like to know if there as any attempt to steal or damage the crop or if there is evidence of perps looking for cash?.

Another thought ive had is, could it be a group of people who had just heard about the grow ops ( or maybe bought pot from them or new the family from previous times) and decided to just try rob the place?, maybe a group of gang members of some sort?, would they wipe out 8 people?, been people and families killed for less.

I think it may already have been posted, but that's OK.

What did the father mean by the last statements? Are they accused of taking revenge? Or did someone suggest they might take revenge?

Why does police question the time that Bobby Jo arrived?

Why did the police take the car of Leonard's son, and was the son handcuffed in that picture?
Does the police suspect that some family members took revenge?

Edit: I didn't intend to put a smiley face there... I actually meant ":" and then a ")". :) <----intentional

I think her time of arrival questioning has to do with her possibly entering other houses and not telling the cops she did, but that is speculation from cops statements and her statements.

Also I heard someone on CNN estimate a time of death, but it sounded like they were estimating it based on the 911 call and that it happened not long before the call. I never heard more about that so I discounted it.

The cops estimated time of death could be why they are questioning what time. It is possible this happened right before Bobbi arrived. We don't know TOD yet.

Pulled from thread 2..

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

When WE got here. Who was with her?
How did she know THEY "drug" him? Couldn't he have drug himself?
AGAIN with the "they"
These were the 2 she said were beat up right. The rest were shot as they slept?
That is my take at this point. Hopefully we will get an update on COD today.

Whoever caught that Bobby said "the door was locked when WE got here" -- great catch!!!!

I am now 99% sure that this had nothing to do with the cartel.

Do we know who was watching Hanna's two-year-old child The night of the murders? I'm really curious to know why that child was not in the house. Like, it was planned out that the child not be there. Who planned that?

I think her time of arrival questioning has to do with her possibly entering other houses and not telling the cops she did, but that is speculation from cops statements and her statements.

Also I heard someone on CNN estimate a time of death, but it sounded like they were estimating it based on the 911 call and that it happened not long before the call. I never heard more about that so I discounted it.

They cops estimated time of death could be why they are questioning what time. It is possible this happened right before Bobbi arrived. We don't know TOD yet.

I was thinking the same thing. The TOD must have been very close to her arrival...leading to suspicion.

Pulled from thread 2..

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

When WE got here. Who was with her?

The earlier transcript I posted from Leonard's interview said it was either her son or daughter. He said they were allowed to leave in her car, but LE kept Dana's brother's truck there and impounded it. I'll go find it.

Could it be an internal thing?, maybe a theres a section of the wider Rhoden family that dont get along, or some Rhodens that have maybe been shunned or cast aside?.

Maybe there was family member that went to the gardening section of the Rhoden family knowing they were making money and asked to borrow some, or to get a cut of what was being made, was told where t go and took revenge?.
IIRC, Dana's domestic violence charge in 2000 involved her brother's wife. Their may have been problems between the Manleys and Rhodens.

Is there a connection with the post office bust on feb 4th. No names have been releasd and why. They said the value was a hundred thousand dollars. Someone owes that money

Exactly. Somebody owes $138,000 for the product that was seized by the police. I'd be curious to know if there were life insurance policies on any of the Rhodens, how recently they were taken out, and who stands to benefit.

How did she know THEY "drug" him? Couldn't he have drug himself?
AGAIN with the "they"
These were the 2 she said were beat up right. The rest were shot as they slept?
That is my take at this point. Hopefully we will get an update on COD today.

Again, true. WE got there and THEY drug him. How does she know it was a THEY?

I would think that the net to growers would be a good bit less than the street value. Lotta hands gotta take a cut on the way.

Well I have wondered if previously they allowed someone to grow on their land and they took a cut and decided they wanted to handle it now and have a bigger cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419