OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is they don't seem to want to put the community at ease. They have had, what.. Two pressers and haven't been giving good info.

I may be wrong but I have felt since the beginning that they were staying tight lipped because they had suspicions of a person (most likely persons) and they wanted to get their ducks in a row before acting on those suspicions. Also, my first thoughts were they didn't want to spook the possible suspects. Like didn't want to let them know they were onto them. I could be way off base. I have felt since the beginning that the person(s) responsible were close by and it was personal.

I am way behind all you east coasters. But I will try to answer. I totally disagree about what my actions would be. If I found one set of family members dead, the LAST thing I would do is go look for more. I would be so completely freaked out, I would sit down and wait for the police. While I was waiting, I would probably call my husband or parents both to tell them and to get some consolation. But I would not ever, no way, no how, run into another home on the property. First, I wouldn't want to take the chance of seeing more dead bodies. I would know that they are most likely also dead because they HAD TO have heard what happened next door last night. And since Freddie and Hannah aren't sitting outside with me, and they didn't call the police, they most likely are also dead. I wouldn't want to see that. I also know that I would be contaminating a crime scene. I wouldn't want to do that. I would also fear that the killer could still be inside.

To me, it is an incredibly incriminating action to purposely enter a crime scene (or THREE). You are creating a reason for your DNA and trace evidence to be found in those homes.

Now, Bobby Jo might not be that smart. Is entirely possible that her actions are innocent. But to me, knowing what I know, they look incredibly suspicious.

Its almost impossible to predict what people will do in stressful situations. I couldn't imagine walking in and finding my family slaughtered. I have no idea how I'd react. IMO

Sorry to quote myself but this is the most feasible reason I can think of as to why only one had one gsw...maybe not Dana but a murder suicide that was mis represented as murder. It'll be very interesting to find out Tod and weapons used...
I don't think this was a murder-suicide. I think the person with only one gsw could be someone not necessarily involved, but in the wrong place, therefore a witness, so the perp shot them once and moved on.

If I found two bodies, I am with you! I wouldn't go looking for more! Personally, I'd get back in my car and drive away as I called 911, too scared to stick around! The shooters might still be there! No one I'd go enter another home not knowing who did this and where they were! They could have been hiding in that other home! I am curious why the family thought they needed to check all of the homes before calling 911.

Finally mentions a pit on site when deputies arrive. According to the article the 911 Caller had to calm the dog down enough for LE to go in.
Ok, so where are the others?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I think he had the pit and the other dogs, that BJ were going to feed, were coonhounds. Coonhounds bark, a lot, but are not normally known for ferocity toward humans.

The question I keep asking myself is why would a SWAT team suit up to search the crime scenes & the surrounding woods?

Just a guess-in case they feared the shooter or shooters were still in a residence or were hiding in the woods, waiting to confront police. Total guess on my part.

Has it been announced there be a presser? I am more inclined to think we will get an update, written not a press conference. I think we will see an update similar to what was done yesterday.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...-2016/UPDATE-Pike-County-Murder-Investigation

From link

To date, more than 215 law enforcement officials have contributed to the investigation. From the Attorney General's Office this includes: special agents, analysts, prosecutors, and laboratory personnel. This also includes authorities from the Pike County Sheriff's Office, Pike County Prosecutor's Office, Pike County and Hamilton County coroner's offices, and additional manpower from 23 sheriff's offices and other law enforcement agencies, including significant assistance from the Piketon Police Department. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) are also providing limited assistance on an as-needed basis.

If I found two bodies, I am with you! I wouldn't go looking for more! Personally, I'd get back in my car and drive away as I called 911, too scared to stick around! The shooters might still be there! No one I'd go enter another home not knowing who did this and where they were! They could have been hiding in that other home! I am curious why the family thought they needed to check all of the homes before calling 911.

I don't think they found all of the bodies before calling 911. If that would have been the case, I would think she (BJM) would have mentioned the other victims on the 911 call.

I can understand going to the other houses. If I came upon a scene like that adrenalin and shock would probably take over. My first instinct (I think) would be to check and see if everyone else was ok or maybe if others were shot but still alive. Plus I would be concerned about the kids. On the other hand, I also understand the fear and risk involved with going to the other houses. It's easy to say what you would or wouldn't do but until you're in that situation, it's hard to tell. Hopefully none of us ever find out.

I can't imagine what BJ must have been thinking. Panic can make you do dumb things. I don't think I'd go into another house, but maybe I would if I heard a baby or child crying.

The authorities there are telling the other family members to stay armed and be careful. That makes me think that it wasn't a murder-suicide, unless there was more than one perp and one of them committed suicide and the other(s) fled. Also, I tend to see LE tell people things are fine to downplay a situation but here, they are telling other family members to stay armed. Remember 9/11? After the first tower was hit, someone announced to the workers in the second tower that everything was fine, no worries, and some of the workers left anyway--thankfully. Just a thought. JMO

The Daily Mail article also quotes the cousin saying that Kenneth padlocked his camper (he was staying in what looked like a fifth wheel type of camper) from the outside. When he arrived the next day, the padlock was unlocked, so he assumed Kenneth was home.

Not an expert, but maybe these campers don't have strong locks on the inside. Maybe it wasn't too hard for the killers to gain entry to the camper to kill Kenneth, though they would have had to get by his dog.

I also wonder about the cousin not spending the night with Kenneth as planned, then arriving later the next day. Did he know that something was going down? Assume he has been cleared by LE as not being the killer. But he may have known something was going to happen.

I usually take the DM with a grain of salt, but most of this article is direct quotes from the interview with Stone.

Now that we know Kenneth was living in a camper the cousin's "I looked up and saw him" makes sense.

The Daily Mail article also quotes the cousin saying that Kenneth padlocked his camper (he was staying in what looked like a fifth wheel type of camper) from the outside. When he arrived the next day, the padlock was unlocked, so he assumed Kenneth was home.

It is my understanding that he was saying Kenneth padlocked it on the outside when he was gone. He would not padlock it on the outside if he was in it....he couldn't get out! So when he saw it wasn't padlocked and his truck was there, he figured he was home. Sounds like the door might have been unlocked or he had a key.

Just a thought but maybe the killer(s) put the victims in their beds after they were killed.
Or at least some of them ? I do believe the mom was killed in her bed.
Blood everywhere makes me wonder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious when searching under "Adams Health Solutions" or "Adams County Reginal (strange spelling) Medical" that it says similar businesses are: Staff Hillcrest Rehabilitation Center and Northern Kentucky Behavioral Health - all four are listed in Peebles with a zip code of 45660 - all appear to have opened between 2009 and 2011 - are there any connections here? My suspicious mind is at work again ... JMHO and curiosity ...
Also, it was started almost two years after CR1 and DR divorced so I'd not think it would be related to anything related to her line of work.

It is my understanding that he was saying Kenneth padlocked it on the outside when he was gone. He would not padlock it on the outside if he was in it....he couldn't get out! So when he saw it wasn't padlocked and his truck was there, he figured he was home. Sounds like the door might have been unlocked or he had a key.

Yes, I understand that. I was just saying the outside padlock may have been necessary when he was gone because the lock on the inside wasn't strong enough to keep someone out.

I may be wrong but I have felt since the beginning that they were staying tight lipped because they had suspicions of a person (most likely persons) and they wanted to get their ducks in a row before acting on those suspicions. Also, my first thoughts were they didn't want to spook the possible suspects. Like didn't want to let them know they were onto them. I could be way off base. I have felt since the beginning that the person(s) responsible were close by and it was personal.

I felt in the beginning it was someone close and known and then they started with all that "shot while sleeping, sophisticated execution style" and speaking like it was basically a sterile crime scene crap. They aren't just being tight lipped, but wording some things oddly and outright changing some things.

At the presser the other day, they refused to answer about the grow operations even though that was released by media before. Then the presser was over and during the scrum.. Behold they answered questions about it.

I won't even get into the Sheriff words about knowledge of the family, that still bugs me. I've just never seen so much change from what they say. I'm still shocked they don't just make any updates even of no info. Eight family members killed last Friday and they have done two pressers? That would be huge news in my city of 250K. I've lived in a small town, if something like that happened there, we would have been expecting updates and out of our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11