UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE has named no suspect(s).

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Previous Thread #32

LATEST UPDATES

http://fox45now.com/news/local/inves...sacre-evidence

Investigators search Adams Co. farm for Pike Co. massacre evidence

ADAMS COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - Law enforcement officers are searching a farm in Adams County for evidence in the Pike County massacre. That farm is off of SR 32 near Peebles.

The case of the Pike County murders became more complex this week with investigators asking the public to focus attention on one family

DeWine hasn’t named suspects in the case. He has, however, asked the public to focus attention on four members of the Wagner family.

Investigators want more information about Edward “Jake” Wagner, 24, George Wagner IV, 25, George “Billy” Wagner III, 46, and Angela Wagner, 45. All are uncharged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a link to the $500,000 amount:

"The marijuana grow operations found were not simply a few random plants in a field somewhere, the Columbus Dispatch reported from an interview with Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. He told Dispatch reporters at least one was indoors and there appeared to be several hundreds of plants.

“It wasn’t just somebody sitting pots in the window,” Junk told the Dispatch.

CBS This Morning reported the street value of the marijuana found is nearly $500,000."

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/4-possible-motives-in-pike-county-ohio-murders

Maybe the article is referring the earlier drug finds related to the Mexican cartel. It's worded weirdly. Could be interpreted either way in my opinion.

"PIKETON, Ohio -- No arrests have been made in the Ohio shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family in Pike County, Ohio.

Large-scale marijuana grow operations were discovered at three of the four murder scenes."

Even with that amount, I too find it hard to blame these murders on the marijuana. Maybe it was part of the reason? I just don't know...

Rhoden family massacre: 2 years later, no arrests, no motives

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings. Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county, Junk said.

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

MOD NOTE

It is against TOS to solicit PMs ('conversations') on the open forum or to discuss those private conversations on the forum. If you want to have a private conversation with another member, just do it, but do not talk about it here.

Please do not bring social media rumors to this thread or even mention "groups" on Facebook or anywhere else. Rumors and drama from social media are not allowed here.

If there are any questions about our rules or TOS, please message any moderator and we will be happy to help.

MOD NOTE

It is against TOS to solicit PMs ('conversations') on the open forum or to discuss those private conversations on the forum. If you want to have a private conversation with another member, just do it, but do not talk about it here.

Please do not bring social media rumors to this thread or even mention "groups" on Facebook or anywhere else. Rumors and drama from social media are not allowed here.

If there are any questions about our rules or TOS, please message any moderator and we will be happy to help.

Thanks for the new thread!

Agree, with Mittens, from last post, re; GW4 removing G from the state. I don't find removing the child from visits with his mother, to be what I'd call, compassionate, or Christ-like, behaviour. I don't know how to put it, other than, for example, GW4, probably justified what he did, to get young BW, then, later, justified taking him out of state, away from his mommy, thus breaking the custody agreement, because they were doing it for the child's best interests. JW could have very well done the same thing, while he had S in his care. They all could have packed up one night and left for AK, and no one would have known til they were in AK. In fact they could have even said they were going on vacation, and just not returned. GW4 and B's mom had a custody agreement, and she hasn't gotten them to bring B back. JW had no custody agreement, but did have an established pattern of joint visitation worked out between he and the mother. They'd not do anymore, for HMR, than they have for Bs momma, which appears to be zip. The Ws could've just kept on extending that vacation...

If ya'll want to dump this thread and make a "W Theory Only" thread, have at it, but I have multiple theories, so, I'll be right here with the main thread. Even if I'm alone.

Agree, with Mittens, from last post, re; GW4 removing G from the state. I don't find removing the child from visits with his mother, to be what I'd call, compassionate, or Christ-like, behaviour. I don't know how to put it, other than, for example, GW4, probably justified what he did, to get young BW, then, later, justified taking him out of state, away from his mommy, thus breaking the custody agreement, because they were doing it for the child's best interests. JW could have very well done the same thing, while he had S in his care. They all could have packed up one night and left for AK, and no one would have known til they were in AK. In fact they could have even said they were going on vacation, and just not returned. GW4 and B's mom had a custody agreement, and she hasn't gotten them to bring B back. JW had no custody agreement, but did have an established pattern of joint visitation worked out between he and the mother. They'd not do anymore, for HMR, than they have for Bs momma, which appears to be zip. The Ws could've just kept on extending that vacation...

If ya'll want to dump this thread and make a "W Theory Only" thread, have at it, but I have multiple theories, so, I'll be right here with the main thread. Even if I'm alone.

I think we all have multiple theories, I know I do. Having multiple theory and sub-topic threads makes it easier to find and share information and links that have been posted before, but lost in the many pages of these threads. This is a fairly old case, though, so the mods may feel it wouldn't work to create a new sub forum (not sure if that's what it's called). Take a look at some of the detailed cases here, like Jon Benet Ramsey and West Memphis 3, etc. and you can see how much easier it can be to keep info and discussions organized and information easier to retrieve.

I think we all have multiple theories, I know I do. Having multiple theory and sub-topic threads makes it easier to find and share information and links that have been posted before, but lost in the many pages of these threads. This is a fairly old case, though, so the mods may feel it wouldn't work to create a new sub forum (not sure if that's what it's called). Take a look at some of the detailed cases here, like Jon Benet Ramsey and West Memphis 3, etc. and you can see how much easier it can be to keep info and discussions organized and information easier to retrieve.

I guess I understand your point, but do we then make a thread for each theory? I have very little trouble finding anything. I have a whole buncha stuff on all of my top three theories, some intertwined, but I keep a lot of my stuff saved right to my laptop, in my own little filing system.

On any given day, I probably have about 4-5 theories and then I decide there’s no way on any of them. But then I keep coming right back to each theory LOL. I’m a-okay with discussing all theories.

Remember how a retired detective posted here long ago and shared his thoughts about this being a serial killer? While I still don’t think that’s what happened, I saw this article today and it made me raise my eyebrows a little. I guess I understand now why the former detective thought these murders were the works of a serial killer. Although, I still feel like this case would be spree killings versus serial killings.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we were told all the dogs pulled this off ;)

Retired detective's hunch leads police to suspected serial killer in Arizona

On any given day, I probably have about 4-5 theories and then I decide there’s no way on any of them. But then I keep coming right back to each theory LOL. I’m a-okay with discussing all theories.

Remember how a retired detective posted here long ago and shared his thoughts about this being a serial killer? While I still don’t think that’s what happened, I saw this article today and it made me raise my eyebrows a little. I guess I understand now why the former detective thought these murders were the works of a serial killer. Although, I still feel like this case would be spree killings versus serial killings.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we were told all the dogs pulled this off ;)

Retired detective's hunch leads police to suspected serial killer in Arizona

I saw that last night! I was digging around into the triple strangulation, here, and somehow come upon that. Talk about carrying a grudge!! O.O

I guess I understand your point, but do we then make a thread for each theory? I have very little trouble finding anything. I have a whole buncha stuff on all of my top three theories, some intertwined, but I keep a lot of my stuff saved right to my laptop, in my own little filing system.

Yes, members can start threads on any topic under that system.

Does anyone ever think that perhaps all of our theories could be part of the grand plan that was pulled off?

I sometimes think it’s a combination of many things and several people with different interests. But I also think that would take extreme loyalty to each other when it comes to people from different branches being involved.

Does anyone ever think that perhaps all of our theories could be part of the grand plan that was pulled off?

I sometimes think it’s a combination of many things and several people with different interests. But I also think that would take extreme loyalty to each other when it comes to people from different branches being involved.

Generally, the more people involved increases the likelihood of someone talking eventually.

Yeah, that's where all of my intertwined stuff comes into play, and then my brain kinda scrambles. I have thought, that maybe the two families had been in business with the same person/group, and, one family's leader, overestimated their ability to back that group down, or felt they could up the ante, and ended up deceased, along with seven other members. The other family freaks the heck out, and heads as far away from that area as humanly possible without leaving the United States. I mean, really, they could have hopped a jet and went to country with no extradition treaty, if they killed eight people, and wanted to disappear, and raise goats and furry pigs, in someplace like Croatia or Afghanistan. They had passports. The U.S. could have revoked their passports when they very obviously, left, for AK, and they'd never made it out of the lower 48.

I've thought about this case every single day since 4/22/16. I'd bet the farm everyone of you reading and posting here on WS has too.

I've tried to imagine the horror each victim must have felt as they were slaughtered. I think about their grieving families and all the lives that have been forever changed.

I wonder if the killer/s think about it EVERY DAY like WE all do.

Have they been eaten alive with guilt for the past 2+ years OR are they satisfied with the outcome?

Did they act strange or seem different in the days after the murders OR a socio/psychopath who felt nothing at all?

Do they live locally among those whose lives they ruined forever? Had they ever even MET the family they slaughtered?

What was their motive? What did they hope to gain?

Was it Money (either insurance, monthly benefits, hidden cash at location, cash paid to a hit man, etc)? Land? Revenge? Justice? To gain custody? Trying to be a "Savior" of sorts? Silence?

Did they actually GET whatever it was they wanted?

Just questions I ask myself.. I just wish I had answers too.

I've thought about this case every single day since 4/22/16. I'd bet the farm everyone of you reading and posting here on WS has too.

I've tried to imagine the horror each victim must have felt as they were slaughtered. I think about their grieving families and all the lives that have been forever changed.

I wonder if the killer/s think about it EVERY DAY like WE all do.

Have they been eaten alive with guilt for the past 2+ years OR are they satisfied with the outcome?

Did they act strange or seem different in the days after the murders OR a socio/psychopath who felt nothing at all?

Do they live locally among those whose lives they ruined forever? Had they ever even MET the family they slaughtered?

What was their motive? What did they hope to gain?

Was it Money (either insurance, monthly benefits, hidden cash at location, cash paid to a hit man, etc)? Land? Revenge? Justice? To gain custody? Trying to be a "Savior" of sorts? Silence?

Did they actually GET whatever it was they wanted?

Just questions I ask myself.. I just wish I had answers too.

Good post! I'm sure we all wonder about the killers and whether they feel any guilt about their heinous act. Same for any people who assisted them in their heinous acts.

Regarding this 2:00am text, how did that come to light? Was it when LM made a comment that LE told him there was a text? Could it be LE put that out to get a reaction? The only people that would know is JM, JW, and LE when they checked the phone records. Two of the three say it didn't happen. LE seems to have free reign on what is "factual" and uses that often. They can lie all they want to close a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie