OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be extremely careful how I word this. We will call this my theory #2947. The scenario I have always had is that of a mole on UHR.That is why I went down the rabbit hole attempting to place JW as the last person to be in HHG & FR home.How could the perps grantee being able to track the whereabouts of 8 residents unless there was a person on the ground making inquiries and visually keeping track of the traffic in the location.

rsd1200 I would slightly alter you sentence and theorize based on a timeline (my theory only). The last know non resident at UHR to see a victim alive (theory only)could have been there as a mole to gather/relay data i.e. the whereabouts of other residents to perps. CR could have been duped as to why they wanted the information relayed.Not that I necessarly think the duped person is involved(not accusing them)BUT they are in my crosshairs.

Please read this as just a theory. I didn't really didn't want to write this post.
Please let me know if I have made an error. I am always happy to delete or edit my post

I'd heard that FR left their home, after an argument between he and HHG, after CRob left. This was per family on FB, w/a screenshot of the post, but, I can't upload the conversation. When he got home he may have noticed a vehicle in CR1's drive. That may have been what got them killed. He'd have a vehicle description and possibly a name[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I've commented on this thread and I realize I'm reading initials I can't remember or identify. I guess you could say I'm rusty... but I have never lost interest and have followed the case on my own to some extent. I do have to say that I can't go along with GR being part of a "well organized multiple murder plan" or being added, unwillingly to the same organized murder plan. For my mind's eye, it becomes disorganized the moment "you" add him to the equation... and LE has always said it was well planned. I don't think they were professionals because, without anyone fighting back, one shot could have been used on each person. This was overkill and I feel there was a lot of anger involved. CSr being the exception, of course... because it's obvious he was alive and probably the catalyst of it all. Poor CJr... didn't he hide somewhere so that even LE had trouble finding him the next day? That might explain several shots to the top of his head. I noticed the HG and DR were shot excessively, too. Even more so than some of the men. I have always thought KR had a "guest" over that night and that is why I believe whoever shot him; he was the only one they shot that night. Almost a separate assignment, so to speak. If he was asleep and at ease with his guest, he would be very easy to shoot just one time and only one time... unlike all the others so my other reason for suspecting a different killer with him as their only target. He just had to be eliminated because he would have known who killed the others but I don't believe he was a key player in why they were all killed. Reading the small amount of autopsy information yesterday made me sad and feeling sick all over again. My heart breaks again for their family. Nothing will ever make up for their loss.

I was completely shocked to find out that CSR was killed first.. It totally threw off several of my theories. One of my theories was based on the killers killing some/all of the victims in front of CSR for the purpose(s)of: gaining intel, location of drugs/money and/or to make CSR suffer for something. But what if killing CSR first was not the initial plan? What if he ran, hid and/or was combative (as I am sure he would have been from what I have heard) therefore one of the gunshots ended up fatal instead of an intended “cautionary gunshot wound”. From everything I have ever heard, CSR had guns and had them within arm’s reach at all times therefore the killers had to subdue him quickly by wounding him- maybe it went too far due to CSR’s action/reactions by being shot through a bedroom door- he was in that room either hiding from visitors or getting something for the visitors… or he could have been shot and killed by one of the killers who was trigger happy, killing him prior to when they had planned. But why would they then kill everyone else? The only reasons that I can fit into this theory would be that CSR was aware of a planned visit from one/all of the killers therefore the killers could assume that the ones closes to him (FR, DR, KR, GR) would know “he/she/they” were visiting CSR that evening. Once the visit went south and CSR ended up dead before the killers planned, they knew that the ones closes to him had to be taken care of too.

That then circles back around to GR. From everything that I have read (news articles, FB, Topix, etc.) GR would have been in the trailer with CSR that night when trouble arrived. If he was there and my theory above is correct and CSR ran/hid/combative-what was GR doing? Was he just sitting there obeying the killers while CSR fought to get away/react/hide? Was GR aware of the “visitors” intentions that night? I do not think (or hope) that he was fully aware that 7 of his family members and himself would be murdered so viciously that night, but maybe GR was aware of a far less violent plan and was forced/bribed/indebted to the killers so he somewhat assisted- unknown to him that everyone else was going to be involved, much less murdered.

I also want to state that I have read that GR was an addict and that Chris was helping him get sober and on the right path. I understand fully that addicts can burn bridges by stealing, lying, cheating, etc. therefore he could have had many enemies however I do not think the killers were there for only GR- if they were there for only GR, I could see them killing CSR first and then dealing with GR but I do not see them also killing all of CSR’s core family. Which leads back to my initial theory that possibly CSR was “accidentally” killed earlier than the killers had planned him to be. With CSR being the patriarch of the family members that were murdered, it just does not make sense for him to be killed first unless it was an accident or possibly to get him out of the way.

It's been awhile since I've commented on this thread and I realize I'm reading initials I can't remember or identify. I guess you could say I'm rusty... but I have never lost interest and have followed the case on my own to some extent. I do have to say that I can't go along with GR being part of a "well organized multiple murder plan" or being added, unwillingly to the same organized murder plan. For my mind's eye, it becomes disorganized the moment "you" add him to the equation... and LE has always said it was well planned. I don't think they were professionals because, without anyone fighting back, one shot could have been used on each person. This was overkill and I feel there was a lot of anger involved. CSr being the exception, of course... because it's obvious he was alive and probably the catalyst of it all. Poor CJr... didn't he hide somewhere so that even LE had trouble finding him the next day? That might explain several shots to the top of his head. I noticed the HG and DR were shot excessively, too. Even more so than some of the men. I have always thought KR had a "guest" over that night and that is why I believe whoever shot him; he was the only one they shot that night. Almost a separate assignment, so to speak. If he was asleep and at ease with his guest, he would be very easy to shoot just one time and only one time... unlike all the others so my other reason for suspecting a different killer with him as their only target. He just had to be eliminated because he would have known who killed the others but I don't believe he was a key player in why they were all killed. Reading the small amount of autopsy information yesterday made me sad and feeling sick all over again. My heart breaks again for their family. Nothing will ever make up for their loss.

Thanks, pepper34, that's a good analysis. I, too, kind of lean against GR being used to access the other victims, making him present for their murders. Perhaps the killers were looking for something, money, etc. Maybe they had him go through and search the trailer and buildings outside. If there was a safe, maybe they used him to try to find the combination to open it. The delay might come from forcing him to help search for cash or drugs on the property (house & outbuildings), security camera locations (at CR1's and KR's), layouts of other homes, sending texts to other family members to see if they were home. JMO, they got as much info as they could from GR, then killed him and moved on. I don't see them taking him from place to place as they killed people. Too much distraction in the chaos, risk of him making noise, warning others, trying to escape, etc. They had a complex job to do in a short time that night.

I do still think these were professionals or people experienced at B&E and murder. JMO, the number of shots used to kill each person had more to do with the experience of the shooters and the need to make sure victims were dead. Anyone who moved at all probably received more shots. Pros don't usually shoot a victim one time, too risky they might survive.

JMO, there had to be more than one killer at each location with exception of KR. The best example is the way FR and HHG were killed. In bed, in total darkness, both lying down, no defense wounds. FR's shots were very close range and probably awakened HHG. Before she could get out of bed, she was shot multiple times, likely because she did move some. Sounds like 2 killers, one on each side of the bed.

ETA: Also unlikely killers would only shoot once because they were in the dark. They may have had laser-type things on their guns, possibly night vision goggles or a small flashlight, but it all happened so fast they were mostly working in the dark. If anyone moved or made a sound, they shot more. Even asleep, they would shoot more than once to make sure.

Again, hate going into these details if family and friends are reading. Will try to keep discussion of this to a minimum. We all really want LE to catch these killers and it's frustrating that it's taken so long.

Last edited:
New information released in unsolved Rhoden family massacre

Interview with a Rhoden neighbor who still thinks the murders were a cartel hit
I personally spoke with the Wagners neighbor on Peterson Rd and she feels the same way.Basically said that the Wagner boys aren't smart enough to pull it off.In her opinion she feels that whoever carried this out is sitting on a beach somewhere waiting for their next order.

This is her opinion,not mine.

I personally spoke with the Wagners neighbor on Peterson Rd and she feels the same way.Basically said that the Wagner boys aren't smart enough to pull it off.In her opinion she feels that whoever carried this out is sitting on a beach somewhere waiting for their next order.

This is her opinion,not mine.

That sounds reasonable, but it seems some of the Wagners were involved in some way. If it were a cartel hit, they were working with local people in their business and in setting up the murders. In recent years, cartels have been working with white supremacist groups. Research has indicated the W's may be involved with that crowd and now benefit from their protection.

Just because there may have been cartel involvement, locals shouldn't write off solving the murders. They need to go after the local associates and work from there.

I've made very few comments on this thread mainly because I'm from the UK and still wear 'L' plates as far as your laws in US go, let alone Ohio. I'm a few pages behind but couldn't help shed tears for Hannah R. Would she have stirred in her sleep as she had the baby with her. Was she half asleep and feel the first bullet hit? It not a question I want the answer to, I just imagined how it went, was she aware, then I cried some more.

So KR shot once in the eye, and young Hanna G shot in the eye. Why? Is there a connection there? Did they both see something, someone earlier in the evening driving by?

Pardon this question but I've pondered over this for weeks, nay, months. Sheriff Reader is the boss in his police station but he never seems to do or say much himself. De Wine has all the say, he gives orders to Sheriff Reader to be carried out. Is this the usual way of going about business over in America? I always thought the Sheriff took the lead on cases under his/her area and if help wS needed they could go to the Chief. It's like that here in UK.

Also, I don't know anything really about De Wine, so I've googled. Not sure I can say on here but he doesn't come across the pages as a helpful people person, unless that person is a friend. I may have got him wrong, have got plenty wrong in the past.

Just ramblings from me as I'm trying to understand the way the system works. I've got more to say on these killings but give me a day or two to get my head around it.

If the family are readin, I'm hoping and praying arrests come soon so you can then start to grieve in peace xx

I've made very few comments on this thread mainly because I'm from the UK and still wear 'L' plates as far as your laws in US go, let alone Ohio. I'm a few pages behind but couldn't help shed tears for Hannah R. Would she have stirred in her sleep as she had the baby with her. Was she half asleep and feel the first bullet hit? It not a question I want the answer to, I just imagined how it went, was she aware, then I cried some more.

So KR shot once in the eye, and young Hanna G shot in the eye. Why? Is there a connection there? Did they both see something, someone earlier in the evening driving by?

Pardon this question but I've pondered over this for weeks, nay, months. Sheriff Reader is the boss in his police station but he never seems to do or say much himself. De Wine has all the say, he gives orders to Sheriff Reader to be carried out. Is this the usual way of going about business over in America? I always thought the Sheriff took the lead on cases under his/her area and if help wS needed they could go to the Chief. It's like that here in UK.

Also, I don't know anything really about De Wine, so I've googled. Not sure I can say on here but he doesn't come across the pages as a helpful people person, unless that person is a friend. I may have got him wrong, have got plenty wrong in the past.

Just ramblings from me as I'm trying to understand the way the system works. I've got more to say on these killings but give me a day or two to get my head around it.

If the family are readin, I'm hoping and praying arrests come soon so you can then start to grieve in peace xx

Great post Altojack. We've always welcomed your presence here and are glad you posted. Yes, these gruesome murders are emotionally devastating, even to strangers like us. The worst are the young people, young mothers nursing their newborn and infant, a young man just old enough to get his driver' license. If they felt any terror, it would be indescribable. They didn't deserve that, they were innocents. Sometimes I just can't stand to think about it.

WRT to the way some of them were shot, JMO, the rooms were dark. The killers could probably see little, though we've speculated in the past they had night vision goggles or something similar. In that case, aiming for an eye must be considered an "easy" shot that they must feel is likely to kill the victim. Assume the goal of any assasin is to kill quickly, with little resistance, but fire enough shots to ensure the victim is dead.

As for DeWine, he unofficially took over the case within an hour or so of news of the murders. BCI and PCSO seemed to know right away what was behind the murders and DeWine moved quickly to take charge. At the time, Ohio's current governor was on the campaign trail running for president of the US. DeWine's boss didn't want any negative press, most likely. DeWine, himself, had just recently began talking about running for the governor's job. As AG (and probably some during his years as a senator) DeWine has been an adept "fixer" of problems. He took over the Rhoden murder cases so he could keep it under control and out of the news media as much as possible.

DeWine is still running for governor and the election is in November.

All JMO

Last edited:
Yes, Dewine is in a tight race for governor. I am really surprised by the timing of the Ohio Supreme Court Ruling. I figured we wouldn't see these documents for months down the road, if at all. I'm very happy about the ruling, but I'm so sorry for the loved ones that this hasn't been solved yet.

Someone earlier in the thread wrote that the cartel was ruled out bc the youngest victim was 16, and still a child. I'm on the fence about the cartel. I don't think the youngest victim being 16 rules them out. The cartel, IMOO, wouldn't necessarily consider him still a child - even though U.S. law considers a 16 year-old a minor. When you consider the age of some working for the cartel, I think they might consider 16 old enough, unfortunately. Love and prayers for the victims' families.

How much time would have to elapse between CR1’s death and the others for the decomposition rate to be enough different to be notable? Since a TOD difference between the others wasn’t mentioned, and we can logically conclude that the other 7 weren’t killed at the same exact time, I would think it must be several hours.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
How much time would have to elapse between CR1’s death and the others for the decomposition rate to be enough different to be notable? Since a TOD difference between the others wasn’t mentioned, and we can logically conclude that the other 7 weren’t killed at the same exact time, I would think it must be several hours.

Thoughts?

I agree with you. I would think several hours. By that date in April, spring has sprung, but it can get below freezing and snow still in Ohio. Temperatures can change quickly and vary widely. I don't know if that could be a factor here? Any thoughts? How horrible that CR1 saw them coming. That's awful.

Thoughts?
Makes it seem as if Chris was murdered ,then the killer waited for Gary killing him in the front room. Waited a long time.
I would guess it have to be a very noticable difference in decomp between Chris and Gary for them to mention it .

Larger caliber bullets were used to kill 37-year-old Gary Rhoden.
Kenneth Rhoden was shot in his right eye only.
The number of gunshot wounds per victims, according to the reports:

Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (age 40): Nine (face, torso, extremities).
Dana Rhoden (age 37): Five (head).
Hannah Gilley (age 20): Five (head)
Christopher Rhoden, Jr. (age 16): Four (head).
Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden (age 20): Three (head). Two were “contact wounds” as indicated by soot from the gun on his skull.
Gary Rhoden (age 37): Three “contact” wounds (head).
Hanna Rhoden (19): Two (head).
Kenneth Rhoden (age 44): One (right eye).

Pike County massacre: Rhoden family members shot in head at point-blank range, report shows

Chris Rhoden Jr. was “like brothers” with his older cousin Gary Rhoden, Gary’s father Kenneth Rhoden said before a funeral service for his son Thursday. They died together, he said.

“My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs, shot three times in the head, Gary was. The rest of them, I don’t know,” he said.

‘I think my brother-in-law is dead’

Seems cr was at home most of day. I think the perps were there for a while. 9 shots to his body- torture/trying to get info? He was shot through a door, bedroom door? Trying to escape? Probably was captured and brought back to front room, where Bobbi said blood was everywhere.

I have looked but can’t find if it was known what GR did that day, work? What time was he last seen before going home?

When he returned he was shot, 3 contact head shots.

Suspects could have entered trailer after gr left that morning.

All head shots, plus. Cartel or not the family was executed.

Interesting how many were shot in the face. Did the shooter want them to see him/her so they knew whom was shooting them? Was that to let them know why they were being shot maybe, because of whom was doing it? It could be just a fluke but it seems strange. The shooter may have enjoyed seeing the look of terror on their face too. Either way, they are not people that should be free to roam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix