OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, JW had full legal custody at the time he traveled to Canada with S. All he would have needed was proof of US citizenship. He wouldn't have needed a forged signature from HMR at that time because she was deceased.

The W's forged the custody documents about 2 weeks before they murdered HMR and her family. Would they have made a forgery for moving to Canada if they knew they were going to kill HMR?

I get confused, too. Not sure why or what they were forging, but we'll find out.
As of two years ago, the only thing needed to cross the border in Canada with a minor child was a birth certificate and any relevant custody documents along with a signed letter from the non custodial parent giving permission. Of course that letter is not required when one parent is deceased. From personal experience that’s all I needed for my children when we went to Niagra Falls.

I saw somewhere that the W’s and R’s May have also had a dispute over a demolition derby car??
It seems like these two families have a history together, by all accounts, and perhaps the custody issue was the gas on a dumpster fire. The undercurrent of drugs comment seems to make me think drugs caused problems between these two families.
Other than the marijuana grows, do we know if any of the rhodens had any criminal history or history of violence? Also was JW abusive to HR? As in documented abusive?

As of two years ago, the only thing needed to cross the border in Canada with a minor child was a birth certificate and any relevant custody documents along with a signed letter from the non custodial parent giving permission. Of course that letter is not required when one parent is deceased. From personal experience that’s all I needed for my children when we went to Niagra Falls.

GW3 might need signed forms though. We don't know what kind of custody he had. They didn't go to court to get S., I doubt they went to get B.

Walmart is the KING of surveillance! Someone will get caught around here, trying to shoplift, in the local Walmart and Walmart will issue a BAN on them, in ALL stores! Don't you think they won't enforce it either! They have the little eyes in the sky and aisle minders. They know us, folks, they know us. Facial recognition is a thang. :cool:
Aw heck I bet they know I accidentally busted open a fifty pound bag of kitty litter that time, trying to load it on the bottom of my cart!
Seriously! That much security is almost unnerving!

The Ws seem to me to have been watching all kinds of TV shows that feature clandestine plots that always turn out brilliantly successful in the end. Stuff like spy movies.... It's like they're enacting a black ops mission or something. So they kit themselves out with black ops wannabes' tools like bug busters to accomplish their plan.
This is almost comical. Play acting.
Major problem: since when do black ops buy tools of the trade at Walmart? Bwahaha!
If someone is really familiar with that kind of show, I'll bet we can figure out which one they've chosen to act out in their own special way.
I'll bet they got their other theme "moving to Alaska to settle in a suitably dangerous bear-frequented piece of wilderness and survive" from a different genre of movies, but we've all seen that kind, correct? The protagonists make do creatively and enviably and excel in the wilds while being stalked by animal predators and whacked out—gruff but benign—loners in need of a shower and a shave. I'll bet the wilderness experience didn't turn out for the W's exactly like the movies (wilderness was too scary, I'll bet, they didn't "get" the Alaska natives or eccentrics, and no one gave them any attention, let alone respect or admiration. So they came pretty much right back to Ohio.
The photos I've seen of the W's in Alaska remind me of this; they look like they're playacting their idea of family life in wilderness Alaska. So, so unoriginal....

Aw heck I bet they know I accidentally busted open a fifty pound bag of kitty litter that time, trying to load it on the bottom of my cart!
Seriously! That much security is almost unnerving!

They have your number, or rather your facial scan, :rolleyes:. Cat litter clean up in aisle 5 has been banned! And I agree, the security these days is getting invasive. Whether it's a six pk. of pop, or a smart t.v. , steal from Walmart, and you goin' down. Walmart does not fool around.

They have your number, or rather your facial scan, :rolleyes:. Cat litter clean up in aisle 5 has been banned! And I agree, the security these days is getting invasive. Whether it's a six pk. of pop, or a smart t.v. , steal from Walmart, and you goin' down. Walmart does not fool around.[/QUOT
They'd have had to find out sizes.... This creeps me out even more.
Dont' scratchwhere it itches either!

The Ws seem to me to have been watching all kinds of TV shows that feature clandestine plots that always turn out brilliantly successful in the end. Stuff like spy movies.... It's like they're enacting a black ops mission or something. So they kit themselves out with black ops wannabes' tools like bug busters to accomplish their plan.
This is almost comical. Play acting.
Major problem: since when do black ops buy tools of the trade at Walmart? Bwahaha!
If someone is really familiar with that kind of show, I'll bet we can figure out which one they've chosen to act out in their own special way.
I'll bet they got their other theme "moving to Alaska to settle in a suitably dangerous bear-frequented piece of wilderness and survive" from a different genre of movies, but we've all seen that kind, correct? The protagonists make do creatively and enviably and excel in the wilds while being stalked by animal predators and whacked out—gruff but benign—loners in need of a shower and a shave. I'll bet the wilderness experience didn't turn out for the W's exactly like the movies (wilderness was too scary, I'll bet, they didn't "get" the Alaska natives or eccentrics, and no one gave them any attention, let alone respect or admiration. So they came pretty much right back to Ohio.
The photos I've seen of the W's in Alaska remind me of this; they look like they're playacting their idea of family life in wilderness Alaska. So, so unoriginal....

JMO, given their criminal lifestyle, violent tendencies, love of assault weapons and GWIII's white supremacist tattoos, I think they chose AK because there are very few blacks or hispanic folks there. Pretty pathetic, yes, but maybe that's what makes AK initially attractive for those kinds of folks. Of course, they weren't able to make a living up there and it must have not turned out to be the paradise they were expecting. We have speculated recently here in the forum about those kinds of connections.

Dont' scratchwhere it itches either!

Never!

I was just thinking;
All this talk about Walmart; Most hunters in rural places that don't have a lot of options, would go to Walmart to get hunting supplies. If their home photos of the Peterson Rd home, were any indication, the Ws were good at one thing, and that was hunting.

Some of us talked about the murderers possibly being hunters. The Ws may have taken what they knew about hunting deer, boar, and turkey, and applied the patience, and scouting of their prey's habitat (stalking), and applied it to humans. They then just went to their usual hunting supply store, Walmart, to obtain what they needed for their hunt. Just because one can do one thing well, doesn't mean they are a candidate for Mensa.

I've not seen anything like this family before. Instead of the DP, maybe take that off the table if they'll allow criminologists to study them, and will agree to leave their brains to science.

Never!

I was just thinking;
All this talk about Walmart; Most hunters in rural places that don't have a lot of options, would go to Walmart to get hunting supplies. If their home photos of the Peterson Rd home, were any indication, the Ws were good at one thing, and that was hunting.

Some of us talked about the murderers possibly being hunters. The Ws may have taken what they knew about hunting deer, boar, and turkey, and applied the patience, and scouting of their prey's habitat (stalking), and applied it to humans. They then just went to their usual hunting supply store, Walmart, to obtain what they needed for their hunt. Just because one can do one thing well, doesn't mean they are a candidate for Mensa.

I've not seen anything like this family before. Instead of the DP, maybe take that off the table if they'll allow criminologists to study them, and will agree to leave their brains to science.

I was raised in Appalachia, still have family there (not far from this tragedy) and I was raised with avid hunters. I can tell you they don't go to Walmart to get their hunting gear. Just to clear that up. Tractor Supply, Southern States, Cabelas, lots of places, but usually not Walmart. Not for serious hunters anyway.

Last edited:
GW3 might need signed forms though. We don't know what kind of custody he had. They didn't go to court to get S., I doubt they went to get B.
JMHO, but I’m under the impression GW4 received full custody of his minor child per his public divorce documents. I can’t link it, so again it’s just what I’m assuming after reading some public records.

I'm was raised in Appalachia, still have family there (not far from this tragedy) and I was raised with avid hunters. I can tell you they don't go to Walmart to get their hunting gear. Just to clear that up. Tractor Supply, Southern States, Cabelas, lots of places, but usually not Walmart. Not for serious hunters anyway, that hunt to provide meat for their family.

I have to go out of county to get to a Walmart, or a Tractor Supply, and forget the drive to a Cabella's. Gotta go where ya gotta go sometimes. Just to clear that up.

JMHO, but I’m under the impression GW4 received full custody of his minor child per his public divorce documents. I can’t link it, so again it’s just what I’m assuming after reading some public records.

He probably did. I didn't know if she had any sort of set visitation. If so, there's usually a provision about moving so many miles away with a child.

I have to go out of county to get to a Walmart, or a Tractor Supply, and forget the drive to a Cabella's. Gotta go where ya gotta go sometimes. Just to clear that up.
Well....they're willing to drive to Lexington, KY to the equine vet, and Alaska to vacation, so out of county for hunting gear shouldn't be a problem, right? They were on food stamps, why would they need to hunt? When I say I come from avid hunters, I mean men that hunt to feed their families. Probably a foreign concept to you. I was raised on venison, and I never saw my father or my grandfather shop at Walmart for their hunting gear. I'm just saying that not all people from Appalachia rely on Walmart! Just to clear that up.

Last edited:
Well....they're willing to drive to Lexington, KY to the equine vet, and Alaska to vacation, so out of county for hunting gear shouldn't be a problem, right? They were on food stamps, why would they need to hunt? When I say I come from avid hunters, I mean men that hunt to feed their families. Probably a foreign concept to you. I was raised on venison, and I never saw my father or my grandfather shop at Walmart for their hunting gear. I'm just saying that not all people from Appalachia rely on Walmart! Just to clear that up.

My father was an avid hunter and fisherman, until he got up a bit older and slacked off,. My mother cooked whatever he brought in, and put it on the table. My grandmother cooked groundhog. If it was killed she'd cook it. I was born and raised in Appalachia and still live here so no, not a foreign concept at all, JTBC. We allow a select few to hunt our land. I'm not a big fan of Walmart and try to avoid it all costs but more than likely the Ws were trying to fly under the radar and failed to realize that Walmart has extremely good security. I'm sure they had the best quality in firearms even though they shopped for throw away shoes, and brass catchers, at Walmart. Edit: I'm not clear though, are you saying the indictments are incorrect, and it was not them at Walmart? I like your Avatar. I'm a Rottie fan myself.

Last edited:
I've said nothing about the indictments being incorrect. I don't believe that at all. I've followed this case since the beginning, and I'm hopeful the Rhoden, Manley and Gilley families get justice one day. I worry most about the babies left without parents due to this horrific act. And my avatar, he's the baby (18 months). Rottweilers are the only breed I've ever had, I can't imagine anything better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak