OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen them at weekend musical festivals because there will be tons of arrests.

Right. I used to live by a large country music festival that was once a year. There were always command centers set up for those events on site.

I don't think it was a love triangle type thing. I don't think someone murders an entire family for something like that. I think that the perps will end up not being from around this town. I think they were 'called in' from another city and that is why the 3 yr old was left alive. They aren't even from around there so no chance of him knowing them. Without mentioning names there were apparently some racial epithets used against some people that were not originally from that region and would not 'take it in stride' to be treated like that. Not in this day and age. Associates or gangbangers from out of town could have come to 'take care of them' for these people and would have left and driven off right after the murders. Right now they're probably sitting hundreds of miles away going about their lives feeling this crime they did was just part of their dues to whatever gang they are part of.
To me this is the most likely theory of all, considering the public threat. The only part that doesn't seem to fit is the removal of trail cams or surveillance. Not the kind of thing non country people would look for. I live in a City/Suburb area and I almost forget trail cams exist.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

But it was the middle of the night. Wouldn't the perp assume that a three-year-old would be asleep? Or at the very least, not able to identify them in the dark?

Maybe... but if I had planned to kill an entire family and there was a slim chance the 3 year old woke up and could recognize me, that would be a risk I wouldn't be willing to take. I guess they could have worn masks? But I think whoever did this wanted the family to know exactly who they were and that they were about to take their life. :(

The udder cream.. Doesn't everyone remember the "horse mane shampoo" craze? Women had been buying that shampoo and using it at Tack Shops for years, it was just cheap.

I use that stuff on my hounds!

Not unusual living that far out. Some drive 4-5 hours round trip daily for work.

Definitely. There is an area of factories in Indiana that have so many employment opportunities, due to several locations in the area, that people in lower Michigan will drive that far to work there easily, because it's the only places "nearby" that offer a livable wage and benefits.

But I had also wondered if he could be a contractor. But truly 70 miles one way isn't THAT bad. I at times drive 60 one way, depending on the location I'm at.

Racial epithets are used in every area - city, suburb, country. There would be no need for "gangbangers" (smh) to take the time travel to a remote area to massacre a whole family, of whom one member may have used racist language. It's just not that rare or shocking.
This is true. However among the younger generation (especially in the city) those kind of slurs aren't taken lightly. I can see travelling a few hours to make a example (street justice) on a perceived racist family with the prospect of scoring money and dope to take back to the city and sell. I work in one of the most violent cities in the country, only a fee hours from Ohio, and some of the terrible things I see here it doesn't seem to implausible.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I'm making a generalization here, but after looking at A LOT of Facebook pages this past week, I've come to the conclusion that Facebook does a lot more damage in this society than it does good. There is just a plethora of different hatreds being expressed very publicly.

When I was onT/O i tried reddit it was aweful mean

I still dont get why people run around taking pictures of themselves -- get a mirror !! I know what I look like!

Alright. More than ever, I think this was a hit related to Gary. When I was sleuthing Gary, I came across some posts he was tagged in that led me to click around, and there's something weird going on. I ended up on other people's pages, so I'm not able to share what I found, but I'd be extremely surprised if Gary was not the main target.

Oh bon dieu... I just did what I think you did...

LE is grossly underpaid.

just a few thoughts and ideas I've been kicking around...what better way to explain/justify you're being at a crime scene and your tire tracks, footprints, fingerprints, possible DNA, etc. being there at a crime scene(s) than to be the 911 caller(s) who found the victim(s)?

I think the ones who were left alive was simply because they cannot tell/talk about possible turmoil, arguments, disagreements, feuds etc. that have been going on recently with the victims. So with that in mind, even if the killer(s) was only angry/upset with a few of the family members (or 1 or 2 whatever), the killer(s) still felt the need to silence/murder all of them so that no fingers could be pointed by surviving family members of what may have really happened.

Could someone possibly be upset with others because they recently got something (purchased a house for example) and that someone felt they deserved something because of all of their help with "chores" in the present and past??

Again, this is all JMO and just some thoughts I've been kicking around....

I will admit I have missed a few pages. I heard it on TV the day it happened and did follow it on the news.

How did the authorities in and around this area not know about the large marijuana grow areas?

After the marijuana had reached full growth, it would be cut and hung to dry? Just guessing here. Perhaps the murders were the middle men in this illegal drug business.

I believe there were more people than just the family involved in the business. It looks like there would be quite a bit of work involved getting it to the street or the dealers. For so many people to have been executed, it appears to be a personal vendetta. That is what makes me think the next level of people processing it, are the murders.

My opinions only.

I will admit I have missed a few pages. I heard it on TV the day it happened and did follow it on the news.

How did the authorities in and around this area not know about the large marijuana grow areas?

After the marijuana had reached full growth, it would be cut and hung to dry? Just guessing here. Perhaps the murders were the middle men in this illegal drug business.

I believe there were more people than just the family involved in the business. It looks like there would be quite a bit of work involved getting it to the street or the dealers. For so many people to have been executed, it appears to be a personal vendetta. That is what makes me think the next level of people processing it, are the murders.

My opinions only.
One thing to remember, they had ton of family around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa