OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen such few details released. They are saying zero about anything unless it is something leaked and they are forced.

I've actually seen way less on a recent murder case out of Porter Co., Indiana. No statements from LE, and no information at all on where LE was going with the case. The husband was recently convicted, but he wasn't arrested for close to a month after the murder. I think LE was waiting for the husband to mess up, and he certainly did.

I have seen cases with very few details released. Why jeopardize the case if you don't have to? With the level of gossip around, combined with social media, and just plain crazies who are always on the peripheries of cases, the less said the better. Keeps the suspects guessing and keeps the case intact. LE is being smart. Asking for tips/leads is also standard. Someone may have witnessed something, heard something and that person could later be a witness at trial.
I know about tips and leads, them asking for them isn't weird.

They are releasing nothing, zero, not even minor things.

That's odd. I've never seen a funeral procession to include an extra hearse in case of a breakdown.

I assumed the first one was carrying the living, but that means I didn't realize it was an actual hearse as opposed to a limo.

I've never seen an additional hearse either. Perhaps it was filled with armed LE people, in case they ran into trouble?

If they are towing vehicles....are they evidence? Or are they being seized because it is a drug house?

38fda91d3c656562e626dc50add090eb.jpg
I wonder if they did it at that time knowing the family would be at the funeral and there wouldn't be any interference from them??

I've never seen an additional hearse either. Perhaps it was filled with armed LE people, in case they ran into trouble?
It also could be because there were so many. The odds of breakdown with just one would be slim but the odds of one of six breaking down would be higher.

I know about tips and leads, them asking for the isn't weird.

They are releasing nothing, zero, not even minor things.

As it should be.

What value is it to tell a salivating public details of your case? Even if someone comes forward with a tip, LE will not contact them back to tell them if the tip was useful or not. It's a one-way street in investigating cases. They will continue to release nothing, zero, not even minor things, because there's no reason to.

Geez, they are given out like candy around here (RIC, VA). I manage several medical practices and see the same patients week after week wanting more. Sometimes crying and begging for them. It's sad.

The problem is this- you almost have to fill it (at least when it's refill time). If not the patient can go through life threatening withdraws. It's a catch 22.

The good news is that the pharmacist are really watching whats being written and by who.I get several phone calls daily questioning prescriptions. DEA and FDA, are really cracking down on doctors. It should have happened a long time ago. Hell-I've watched doctors purposely (dead serious) give addicting meds so the patients have to come back. They cant make money with all the reimbursement cuts.

They are very strict where I live. I have a very complex serious back/spine issue and I have been going to a pain clinic doctor for over three years now. I am drug tested every two or three months, which I don't have one problem with. I am given two different pain medications per month. One time I had to cancel an appointment and was 7 days late so I gave out of one of the medications. The other one I take I try not to take it at night before I go to bed so I still had some of those. When my drug results came back the PA asked me why one of the drugs I take wasn't in my system. I looked at him dumbfounded and said 'surely you are aware that I had to cancel my appointment and was 7 days late coming in when the drug test was taken?' He said 'oh I see that NOW." Ugh so they closely monitor it. Plus the pharmacies are all connected via computer so any doctors can see what a patient is taking and if they are doctor shopping. Again, I have no problem with that and think all pharmacies should do the same in every city or even make it statewide. I do not abuse the drugs I have to take. In fact before going to the pain clinic I had never taken any narcotics. It only numbs the constant pain I have but dulling it some is better than nothing. I wish I didn't have to take any medication at all but thankfully at my age, these are the only two medications that I am on.

On May 9th I am to have a brain interceptor implant in my spinal canal. If it works then hopefully I can be weaned off the meds and not have to take them at all. Nothing would make me happier and then I can go back to just taking my vitamins.

IMO

Geez, they are given out like candy around here (RIC, VA). I manage several medical practices and see the same patients week after week wanting more. Sometimes crying and begging for them. It's sad.

The problem is this- you almost have to fill it (at least when it's refill time). If not the patient can go through life threatening withdraws. It's a catch 22.

The good news is that the pharmacist are really watching whats being written and by who.I get several phone calls daily questioning prescriptions. DEA and FDA, are really cracking down on doctors. It should have happened a long time ago. Hell-I've watched doctors purposely (dead serious) give addicting meds so the patients have to come back. They cant make money with all the reimbursement cuts.

Thankfully, withdrawals from opiates are not life threatening.They make you feel like you want to die but they do not have the possibility of killing you like withdrawals from alcohol and benzodiazepines.

I wonder if they did it at that time knowing the family would be at the funeral and there wouldn't be any interference from them??

Or so the family will not know exactly what is being taken?

If they are towing vehicles....are they evidence? Or are they being seized because it is a drug house?

Vehicles would get stolen and parted out if they left them. I'm presuming that all grow-op equipment and product is out of there, too. What about all the animals, though? Who will they "release" the property to? 3 households there. Any ideas? JMO

As it should be.

What value is it to tell a salivating public details of your case? Even if someone comes forward with a tip, LE will not contact them back to tell them if the tip was useful or not. It's a one-way street in investigating cases. They will continue to release nothing, zero, not even minor things, because there's no reason to.
And again, not normal for what I've seen.

We really have gone around the complete circle with this.

If they belonged to the victims I believe they do have a right to seize the vehicles since they found drug operations in three locations.

It they belong to someone else though they would have to obtain a search warrant and may have to obtain a search warrant to legally take the victims vehicles. They can also seized the property and home as well from what I understand.

Interesting though.

Are you saying in other cases LE has released a lot of their information?

I haven't seen many LE or DA disclose much of anything. Even others who have held PCs really don't tell anything except they are continuing to investigate the case.

Vehicles would get stolen and parted out if they left them. I'm presuming that all grow-op equipment and product is out of there, too. What about all the animals, though? Who will they "release" the property to? 3 households there. Any ideas? JMO

According to pictures it looks like the scene is still secure.

They wouldn't have to worry about vehicles right now and I would expect that will be the family's issue to worry about when it is released.

Property is on Chris's name so if he has a will he would have named someone.

If he doesn't have a will, then that is another issue and with the state having control. Each state can have different laws for when someone dies without a will.

I haven't seen many LE or DA disclose much of anything. Even others who have held PCs really don't tell anything except they are continuing to investigate the case.
No not a lot of info at all. Basically all they have released is 8 people are dead.

Usually "sources close to the investigation" are the ones who leak.....but no leaks, thus far. Interesting. JMO

I don't think they even said they questioned the guy that was picked up in the traffic stop. That was media info and him talking about it.

They didn't even release the info about the grow operations, the media did right before the presser and they wouldn't answer when asked during the presser. They waited until after the presser to finally answer when asked again.

Your experiences don't comport with others'. It's been normal in the cases I've followed. And more importantly it isn't going to change -- this police department will not be releasing many details about this case, and if they had their way, they'd say nothing at all. No amount of sulking will persuade LE.

Or so the family will not know exactly what is being taken?

If this is being done through a search warrant the police does have to give an inventory of what was taken and its given to the owner or the one over their estates now.

This protects LE and then the family cant come back and say items are missing and not listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11