OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dive team was there to recover a three year old child who downed in a neighboring pond. The child wandered away from grandmas. Last I heard not much was released because they were pending notification of the parents out of state. I don't recall seeing anything about the dive team being out there for the rhoden properties but I'll look again.

That's probably what it was, how sad.

I'm sorry, but how are we expected to believe that the dive team truck and the dive team drove from Columbus to the crime scene just to secure the scene, especially, since they were only there for a few hours? At that time, based on the reporting, there was a LOT of manpower in the area. Even the reporter who was there when the dive team was and reported it didn't believe it. Law enforcement will not disclose what they are doing if it has the potential to negatively impact the case. Obviously, the dive team was not there just to secure the scene. There were plenty of officers there who were doing that.

I could see a slim chance they were just there to cover a shift change and maybe the dive team is required to drive the dive team vehicles wherever they go.
It seems more likely they were called out to search a pond, but maybe they were unable to get a warrant or something else happened and they cancelled it.

I'm sorry, but how are we expected to believe that the dive team truck and the dive team drove from Columbus to the crime scene just to secure the scene, especially, since they were only there for a few hours? At that time, based on the reporting, there was a LOT of manpower in the area. Even the reporter who was there when the dive team was and reported it didn't believe it. Law enforcement will not disclose what they are doing if it has the potential to negatively impact the case. Obviously, the dive team was not there just to secure the scene. There were plenty of officers there who were doing that.

Did the dive team not go to the drowning site at all? I thought maybe they were in the area and were called in to help at the rhoden scene since they were already in the county. That child had been pulled from that pond once before so I must have assumed they were there to investigate the drowning.

I could see a slim chance they were just there to cover a shift change and maybe the dive team is required to drive the dive team vehicles wherever they go.
It seems more likely they were called out to search a pond, but maybe they were unable to get a warrant or something else happened and they cancelled it.

Most likely, they searched the surrounding ponds and waterways for evidence, such as a possible murder weapon(s).

Oh my guess is they were there to do something and either couldn't search for whatever reason or knew the attention was there and didn't want that attention and put it off until later.

Securing the scene.. I don't think they were there for that.

Did the dive team not go to the drowning site at all? I thought maybe they were in the area and were called in to help at the rhoden scene since they were already in the county. That child had been pulled from that pond once before so I must have assumed they were there to investigate the drowning.
No they didn't, they sat on the Rhoden property for two hours and then left.

On the issue of property, In My Very Humble Opinion, if property and/or other assets that might have been subject to seizure upon a possible conviction for an alleged grow operation are now preserved for living descendants because the possibility of conviction has been removed, this may be a very positive outcome for the victim's family. IMO, preserving inheritance and maintaining multi-generational ties to land may, or may not, have been an influential factor in the events. For me, this "windmill" has been viewed from several different directions over past few days.
The factual information available to support or negate the relevance of Estate and asset distribution issues with regard to the potential seizure or loss through other means is extremely limited at this time, so I hope my opinions are within the rules. If not, I apologize. I am not an expert in Ohio and Kentucky estate law. I do not know the order of deaths, order of descendants, or Will and/or Intestate status.

On the issue of property, In My Very Humble Opinion, if property and/or other assets that might have been subject to seizure upon a possible conviction for an alleged grow operation are now preserved for living descendants because the possibility of conviction has been removed, this may be a very positive outcome for the victim's family. IMO, preserving inheritance and maintaining multi-generational ties to land may, or may not, have been an influential factor in the events. For me, this "windmill" has been viewed from several different directions over past few days.
The factual information available to support or negate the relevance of Estate and asset distribution issues with regard to the potential seizure or loss through other means is extremely limited at this time, so I hope my opinions are within the rules. If not, I apologize. I am not an expert in Ohio and Kentucky estate law. I do not know the order of deaths, order of descendants, or Will and/or Intestate status.

So the four children can inherit the properties? If a trust fund's been set up for them through donations, couldn't that pay the taxes on the properties till their of age? I've only seen a go fund.

“I will never for get you brad you was my best friend and each day gets harder for me to keep on keeping on ” DR
I find that whole facebook friendship "odd"
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

MOO

I think it was really sad. Bobby Hilton was clearly loved tremendously by Dana Rhoden. She posted to his FB page nearly every day after his death for like two years. Based on everything that has been reported about her, she sounds like she was a very loving person.

MOO

I find all of the social media interactions odd as I've snooped in this case. I feel like I may need to go into some kind of deprograming therapy afterwards if I continue to delve there.

I'm not sure. They did a lot of selling of cars on FB. It seems odd they are towing cars to look for DNA, etc especially old rusted out cars that had been there a long time.

Cars are tied in this family a lot and now they are towing all these cars and said it is related to the investigation.

That just doesn't sound like they are thinking legit tinkering on cars, salvage, etc.
Anyone have or come across any info on how cars are tied into any cartel, or illegal trade/traffcking?

Most likely, they searched the surrounding ponds and waterways for evidence, such as a possible murder weapon(s).
That's my feeling...weapons, missing cameras, maybe even blood splattered clothes put in a hefty bag and sent to the bottom of a pond.

I find all of the social media interactions odd as I've snooped in this case. I feel like I may need to go into some kind of deprograming therapy afterwards if I continue to delve there.

Yeah....I don't know if it is cultural or what, but they seem to put all their lovey dubby, romantic feelings out there on Facebook. And what is this "fly high" stuff? Is this just a cultural thing?

I just stopped. I got the goosebumps!

I think it was really sad. Bobby Hilton was clearly loved tremendously by Dana Rhoden. She posted to his FB page nearly every day after his death for like two years. Based on everything that has been reported about her, she sounds like she was a very loving person.

I agree.

"There were no new developments announced in the case Thursday. A dive team from Franklin County reportedly was checking out a location on Union Hill Road, the long road on which the Rhoden properties is located. Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Attorney General, said the divers were not working the homicide investigation."

This is why I don't trust some of the things they say. The Dive Team from Columbus just happens to be checking out a location on the same isolated country road where the murders just occurred, but their investigation is unrelated to the murders? Do they take us for fools?

I believe she was too. I have no way to understand the friendship. I just find it odd to go on day after day to the extent she did. I've seen people do it over a parent or a sibling, but not go that far. I hope she is with him now. He clearly meant the world to her.
May they all RIP. 💜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members